Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I get hit, I hit back, it doesn't matter if I have a serious weight and muscle advantage, nor does it matter if your genitals are on the inside or the outside, if you are stupid enough to attack me, I will attack back.

I'm not one for a violent response in the first place. I believe that if you can disarm and defuse an opponent without resorting to combat, that is a much preferred option, regardless of who your opponent is. However, I don't believe in pulling your punches. If I'm presented with a situation where I feel compelled to fight someone, I consider hindering myself in that way to be morally unjustifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You should start to take the internet for what it is...
    But one thing it certainly is not...
    The real life.
    It's nothing more, or less, than a melting pool of opinions.
    Never forget one important factor.
    Happy people do not complain. Only bitter, disappointed, angry etc. people are very vocal.
    The social networks are a nice mirror image for that.

Bitter people flocking to specially made facebook pages, where they then gather and spill their bitter comments onto the page.
    There you see some few hundred, sometimes a few thousand likes for the page... Meanwhile happy people in the hundreds of millions posting silly pictures and quotes on their own pages.
    Quality post, MMO-Champion needs a like button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    Yet, those people DO exist and they do think the same way in real life. That is the main problem here. Those people are actually actively working against more women rights because they give feminists a bad image.
    Their influence is non-existent.... Trust me.
    Proof?

I have 3 words....

Operation American Spring
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Proof?

I have 3 words....

I think the constant misunderstandings of feminism is proof they do have influence; this forum provides evidence to this point. Especially considering I see threads involving this kind of stuff way more commonly than I used too.

I agree with UncleSilas that singling out that feminist does sometime deal with issues of men felt somewhat out of place. It also deals with issues of sexual orientation, sexual identity, race. Maybe even Chinchillas. And any other social issue that overlaps. Men's issues overlap more often than the rest since it shares the spectrum of gender issues with feminism. It doesn't mean it's super duper common. It's not the primary directive of feminism and more often than not it's an aforethought to dealing with women's issues, like "Tackling female issue X will also benefit men in way Y". Direct focus on men, like in this case "Let's tackle violence against men!" somewhat less often. And this article isn't the most shining example because it is a follow up of the writer realizing her initial reaction was sexist.

Anyway, I disagree with the second paragraph of the article. He was protected by his bodyguard. He wasn't in any danger, even if the girl was bigger than him. This situation isn't a proof of anything in terms of woman-on-man violence. Jay Z also didn't have a "myriad of choices". He had his bodyguard between him and her. What choices did he have then? Have the bodyguard beat her up? Have him turn around while still holding her so he could beat her up himself? Punch a hole through his bodyguard's body? He took pretty much every hit that reached him, sans the two or three kicks he blocked and by the time he blocked the first one he was already turning the third cheek. She takes an event that has no connection to reality (unless every man in US has a bodyguard these days and no one told me), warps it and then, as Velaniz said, goes about trying to say what type of masculinity is fine and what isn't. I'm not sure what exactly makes her masculinity expert, but that could be because I have no idea who she is.

I did learn the tenets of black feminism and how they differ from non-black feminism though. Intriguing read.

You are on the internet...
    And on the internet, the world, and real life only consists of empirical evidence and data.

Don't worry about it, keep living your life the way you always did, and you'll be just as fine without statistics.

And nope..... You're not on the extreme side that's safe.... That applies for almost every guy.

40% out of 100% are males.....
    How many males are there in total?
    How many cases of domestic violence is there in total?
    What has been recorded as domestic violence?
    What percentage is there between the total male population vs the violated population?
    And of course...
    What percentage of women who committed the violence is there out of the total women population?

And last, but not least...... Where did the incidents take place? Social status... Middle class, poverty housing, upper class?

Those are all relevant figures needed to interpret..
    But 40% sounds mighty good to live with paranoia.
    Internet society. Gotta love it.
    I'm not really sure what's your point here. The 40% study was only brought up after someone sarcastically dismissed woman-on-man violence as only "seeming terribly common to guys online". Where are you seeing this paranoia? By your own logic, the percentage between total female population and total violated population isn't that much bigger either, especially since other studies have the numbers close to 50/50 and with female population being slightly higher. Same applies to percentage of men who committed the violence and total men population.

Proof?

I have 3 words....

Wait, it already happened, didn't it? Damn, missed the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    I think the common misunderstanding of feminism is proof they do have influence; this forum provides evidence to this point. Especially considering I see threads involving this kind of stuff way more commonly than I used too.
    No, it's a misconception caused by subjective awareness.
    All it really shows is, how there is a misunderstanding, but it doesn't reflect the impact irl.
    Equality, all aspects thereof, is a subject one gets exposed to irl somewhat frequently. But militant feminism not so much.
    Operation American Spring is the most recent example of what impact extreme thinking has in our modern societies. Once they push aggressively, like the OAS, the entire society turns it's back on them, and their numbers crumble fast. And then they are exposed for what they truly are, a ridiculously small minority.
    Just had a convo about this yesterday with a friend. Quite an educated person, given how she is a professor at a medical school.
    She said, the way public and the media treated them was the absolute right way to handle it. Such extremists as the whole can be compared to a little child that throws a tantrum. And the best way to handle a tantrum throwing little child is, to ignore it. Otherwise it learns that it has to throw a tantrum to get attention.
    I did like that comparison, I think it was/is spot on.
    And that's how we should, and normally do treat all extremists, femnazis included.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Wait, it already happened, didn't it? Damn, missed the show.
    Yes, it happened...
    And despite of over 6 month of beating the rallying drums, instead of 10 - 30 millions, it's been a few dozens...

Or a year ago, when out of the same motives, 10.000 Semi trucks were suppose to bring the beltway to a screeching halt, only 30 showed up...

Times and again, extremists are an extreme minority that has no support. Only the internet gives them a higher than reality exposure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post

Anyways, why did she attack him in the first place?
    Because even though he was really happy for her, he didn't let her finish

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Because even though he was really happy for her, he didn't let her finish

Oh god. Really? You would really do that? xP

Deleted
    No, seriously. :/
    As far as I'm aware, it's not public knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account

Anyways, why did she attack him in the first place?
    Allegedly, she was pissed over some fashion designer chick being too close to him during the event. And it blew up, when he decided not to go home with wifey, instead decided to go to the after party.
    Sissy while being drunk, just being overly protective of Beyonce.
    Next day they've released a statement how the whole thing was a family matter, that has been settled for good.

Independently from this, the Hotel investigated on it's own, found the employee who released the security vid. He got fired and criminal charges are pressed too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I thought they said she wasn't drunk. Do you have a statement from them saying that this was the reason for the altercation?
    Oh yeah..... in their statement they denounced her being drunk.

All it really shows is, how there is a misunderstanding, but it doesn't reflect the impact irl.
    The opinions made by the individuals of this forum on topics are usually opinions they hold in real life on said topics.

Quite an educated person, given how she is a professor at a medical school. She said, the way public and the media treated them was the absolute right way to handle it. Such extremists as the whole can be compared to a little child that throws a tantrum. And the best way to handle a tantrum throwing little child is, to ignore it. Otherwise it learns that it has to throw a tantrum to get attention.
    I did like that comparison, I think it was/is spot on.
    I'm unsure as to what your actual point is? I wasn't suggesting ways to deal with feminazis.

A lot of people on this very forum, argue from a position directly entrenched by 'feminazis' and falsely attribute that to feminism. Precisely for the reason you have mentioned:

Equality, all aspects thereof, is a subject one gets exposed to irl somewhat frequently. But militant feminism not so much.
    This is harmful to what actual feminism is, ignoring it only breeds more ignorance. Bear minimum you educate the people who have knee-jerk reactions to the aggressive front, or you educate both sides. Heads in sand perpetuates ignorance.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2014-05-21 at 12:28 PM.

I can see that this is controversial as fuck but to speak up my mind I have to say this. While I Respect women in general, unless she's a martial artist or she had a weapon then I would hold her hold off until I get fed up and fight back. Not because she's a women but because I'm fighting someone who's more times then not weaker then me. Gender is not a problem with me if I have to fight but fact i'm fighting a weaker individual and double standard, if women were as strong as men then I wouldn't have a guilty consistence.

One thing that I also hate is how hyped up these thing can get. Fair enough hitting a woman is bad but the same taboo is still there when she's the aggressor, sorry ladies but this is fact. personally think that Double standard is something that women can use to their advantage and it pisses me off.

But don't get me wrong I'm a NOT a Misogynist. I value Gender equality and what brings balances and stability to the concept, not the weapons and tools used to create and Bread Sexism and while I hate violence against women, If a woman attack a man for the wrong reasons and and going too far then it's fair game. No. Excuses.

but as for the Solange/Jay-Z issue I'm really confused about considering all the shit their is in the celebrity community. I feel that it's really their own private matter even if this is in public, because the fuckers at TMZ are just really doing harm to Jay-z and Beyonce.

P.s While I don't mind if people regardless of who they are affirming to something which help them be and feel better. What the FUCK is the the bullshit with "black Femininity" I sounds like a load of non-sense and stupid american make-believe like the Tea-party movement.

I don't think we need to really dive into any great depth. Assaulting people is absolutely an immoral action and Solange is plainly a violent person. Since no harm was done, I'm fine with there not being any charges filed, but she should be regarded as violent person with anger management problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goranus View Post
    but as for the Solange/Jay-Z issue I'm really confused about considering all the shit their is in the celebrity community. I feel that it's really their own private matter even if this is in public, because the fuckers at TMZ are just really doing harm to Jay-z and Beyonce.
    Tough shit. People sign up for extremely lavish lives of celebrity that are predicated on having carefully curated public personas, then are shocked and disappointed when they don't have privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    It's even worse when you're a big guy.

It's the same with women as it was with other kids in school.

If you're big and strong and don't hit back, you're a pussy/

If you're big and strong and use just the minimum of grappling or pushing, all the white knights within range will come running to defend the fragile femme from the ogre while a gang of middle-aged women parachute in and start up a screeching chorus of "HE HIT A WOMAN".
    No offence but that's why most people are stupid they all go and stir shit up because they are too dumb to process information intelligently in nearly every serious topic in which every outcome is different based on the situation. Their is no pleasing them so the best to solve such situations were your dammed if you do and damned if you don't is to find the lesser of the two evils because it will always be the best choice which benefit's all people with a brain and tell the rest of the stupid majority to fuck themselves and go live inside their own ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

Tough shit. People sign up for extremely lavish lives of celebrity that are predicated on having carefully curated public personas, then are shocked and disappointed when they don't have privacy.
    fair enough but if this keeps up for all the wrong and obvious reasons then the two of them are not worth my sympathy because they are making shit for themselves like Kim K the Celebrity whore

This has literally 0 to do with feminism being good. The author said "he handled it well by not beating the shit out of her" while taking a jab at men with the whole masculinity is fragile thing. That has nothing to do with feminism, everything to do with that person having nothing to complain about because Jay didn't do anything wrong. I feel she probably did that article just for the views/money.