Empire ranged DPS class that has the best mobility ?

I don't enjoy the stationary turret game much but I'd like to play a ranged DPS.

Wich empire class/spec would you suggets to me guys ?

Sith Sorc Madness.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, back in the day I would have said Sniper was the worst choice, but after playing one and watching some high level Gunslinger/Sniper YouTubes...I had to reconsider that statement. Of course I also found Mercenary to be surprisingly mobile and not anything like the turret-class that other forum-goers billed it as.

I have limited experience with Sorc, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt...but Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    You know, back in the day I would have said Sniper was the worst choice, but after playing one and watching some high level Gunslinger/Sniper YouTubes...I had to reconsider that statement. Of course I also found Mercenary to be surprisingly mobile and not anything like the turret-class that other forum-goers billed it as.

I have limited experience with Sorc, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt...but Merc.
    Yeah I have to agree with you. Merc has great movement while blowing things up. Sorc can cast some dots and a shock but lots of their attacks have cast times attached to them.

Deleted
    Sniper is limited with doing damage greatly to being in cover so they're mainly a turret class.
    Sniper has a roll ability with a cooldown.
    MM is the most cover dependant followed by Lethality and then Engi.
    MM is pure singletarget with good sustained and decent burst. (not recommended for arena).
    Engi is aoe and good burst.
    Leth is dots with decent burst.

Sorc have a sprint.
    Sorc Madness has 1 hard hitting instant and 2 instant dots but relies on a channeled cast for procs (for another dot mainly).
    Sorc Lightning relies on cast time abilities the most of all classes/specs.
    Madness is dots with decent burst.
    Lightning is singletarget mainly with decent burst. (not recommended for arena).

Mercs have a mini-sprint wich prevents you from being slowed or rooted for it's duration.
    Merc Arsenal relies greatly on Tracers for Tracer Lock.
    Merc Pyro relies on powershot/unload for a proc but the rest is instant and has powerfull dots.
    Arsenal has a better mobility cooldown and a root but Pyro relies less on standing still.
    Arsenal is singletarget and has to ramp up towards the big burst.
    Pyro is a mix between singletarget, dots and high burst.

Any spec can work in regular warzones.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot everyone. I think that Ill stick with my merc. Now since swtor is mostly an alt MMO for now Im just doing PvE but this might change as Im having quite a lot of fun.

If I start to play this game as my main one I ll do arena for sure. How are merc in rated PvP ? They are OP , strong, ok, barely playable or not viable ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    Thanks a lot everyone. I think that Ill stick with my merc. Now since swtor is mostly an alt MMO for now Im just doing PvE but this might change as Im having quite a lot of fun.

If I start to play this game as my main one I ll do arena for sure. How are merc in rated PvP ? They are OP , strong, ok, barely playable or not viable ?
    In rated pvp you're pretty much dead last as in viability together with snipers as a merc.
    It is possible ofcourse but you do need a lot of skill and a team that can peel for you a lot.
    In solo que ranked arena you're screwed most of the time atleast because mercs are the n2 target after snipers.

Ranged in general in arena are suffering tremendously apart from sorc/sage hybrid, ranged are just to easy to lock down and lack escapes/protection against multiple enemies.