Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Did you really just use WoWification....really...like it started there or something? You should be embarrassed to try and use that as a term to describe real life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    You do know that many millennials are of age to have children in middle school right?
    How old are middle schoolers? I don't know, we don't have a middle school. I assumed 11-14.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    makes themselves special over someone else.
    cause wanting/being better than others is now a bad thing?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu Oshino View Post
    How old are middle schoolers? I don't know, we don't have a middle school. I assumed 11-14.
    That's about right, yeah.

Participation rewards for everyone. Lets not hurt Timmys feelings.

Deleted
    You do know that many millennials are of age to have children in middle school right?
    Considering Millenials are either Gen X's or Gen Y's with Gen Y being old enough on the far end and Gen X not really both are reasonable assumptions.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I was born in 83 I'm now 30 years old (31 next month) MOre then old enough to have a 12 year old child.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
    Millennials (also known as the Millennial Generation[1] or Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates when the generation starts and ends. Researchers and commentators use birth years ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s.

This is like.... the worst kind of communism...

Seriously, this is Khmer rouge stuff.
    Call me Cassandra

Deleted
    Seems to be ingratituded in the American psyche to be a special snowflake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    congrats for being average? Why the hell would you do that
    Why wouldn't you? Why not go "Good job, you passed. You've earned that diploma. You didn't fail and that's what matters." Instead of "Excellent job! You beat 99% of the people you go to school with! You are that much more special than they are! All they could do was pass. Lets not give them anything."

The awards night at my high school was actually quite a big deal. It was a nice dinner and students were rewarded for the 4 years of hard work they had put in. What people fail to realize is that taking away these things takes away some peoples drive. You don't need a 4.0 to go to college, sure it helps, but in reality you can get into any college with a "C" or "B". Hell you can get into community college with getting nothing but the letter "D" up and down your report card.

I hate to break it to everybody, but if you take away rewards people tend to not try as hard. You see it in WoW just like you see it in real life. Just like the people who flip buggers want $15/hr for nothing. Why would you want to work a harder job for $18/hr when you can do what anybody retard with hands can do for $15/hr?

Deleted
    I was born in 83 I'm now 30 years old (31 next month) MOre then old enough to have a 12 year old child.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
    Actually, you'd be a gen X, nvm. Point still stands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    The awards night at my high school was actually quite a big deal. It was a nice dinner and students were rewarded for the 4 years of hard work they had put in. What people fail to realize is that taking away these things takes away some peoples drive. You don't need a 4.0 to go to college, sure it helps, but in reality you can get into any college with a "C" or "B". Hell you can get into community college with getting nothing but the letter "D" up and down your report card.

I hate to break it to everybody, but if you take away rewards people tend to not try as hard. You see it in WoW just like you see it in real life. Just like the people who flip buggers want $15/hr for nothing. Why would you want to work a harder job for $18/hr when you can do what anybody retard with hands can do for $15/hr?
    Because that 3dollars equates to an additional $6240 per year before tax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our award ceremonies were held in front of the entire school.

We got to be smug and superior in public, why would you want to do it behind closed doors?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I know. It is all kinda confusing since they don't put any hard dates on it.

Deleted
    Essentially you're saying we should only achieve something for rewards? That's pretty messed up

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the guys who invented the word "millennial", the birth years are 1982 to 2004, so they're a millennial/gen Y.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Wow OP, you really stretched to bash WoW, didnt you?

Edit: Now that I saw his post history, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    According to the guys who invented the word "millennial", the birth years are 1982 to 2004, so they're a millennial/gen Y.
    He would've been 10 in 93, which is the year used to coin Gen Y. Gen Y is anyone 11 or below in 93 and anyone born in the next 10 yeas.

Deleted
    He would've been 10 in 93, which is the year used to coin Gen Y. Gen Y is anyone 11 or below in 93 and anyone born in the next 10 yeas.
    Yay, I'm a Gen Y. o/