Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Free faction change?

Hmm, that's interesting (front page MMO-C blue tracker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are people supposed to bash Blizzard for being soulless money grubbers if they offer free things!? Are they trying to ruin their image?

No but seriously, pretty neat of them.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    How are people supposed to bash Blizzard for being soulless money grubbers if they offer free things!? Are they trying to ruin their image?

No but seriously, pretty neat of them.
    Temporary patch to curb the sub bleeding is temporary.

People will be hooked by this latest gimmick for a day or two but then people will wise up to their scams like they always do.

Hope to god tjis happens on stormrage

10+ Year Old Account
    theyve done this several times before, not sure why it needs to be discussed again and again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

People will be hooked by this latest gimmick for a day or two but then people will wise up to their scams like they always do.
    Pretty much anything Blizz does is going to get the reaction of "they just did it for money", so I like to give them the benefit of the doubt once in a while. Not impossible that they actually recognize that living beings use their product and not just walking credit cards.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account

Please, please elaborate. Explain how a free faction change, which, in Blizzard's words is to fix queue issues (on Horde I wait 5 - 15 minutes per bg) and is only on ONE server is a gimmick, scam, or a way to curb "sub bleeding".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    theyve done this several times before, not sure why it needs to be discussed again and again
    When have they given free faction changes outside of PTR/Betas?
    I've never seen one before oO

Because its a cheaper bandaid to correct faction % then their realm connections atm.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Please, please elaborate. Explain how a free faction change, which, in Blizzard's words is to fix queue issues (on Horde I wait 5 - 15 minutes per bg) and is only on ONE server is a gimmick, scam, or a way to curb "sub bleeding".

Oh come on. You've been here long enough and should know better than to respond to bait.....

Not sure why you guys are so protective of him when 90% of MMO-champ can see him for what he is.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2014-05-21 at 05:30 PM.

It might be a way to fix servers where 99% of the server is on one faction. Tho in my personal view I think that connecting realms would be a better option, you have 3 servers. One with 2000 Horde - 1000 Alliance, one with 500 horde - 1000 alliance, and one with 250 horde - 500 alliance. Connect those together and you get a nice population of 2750 Horde - 2500 Alliance.

With a faction change people still have to choose to go to the unpopulated side of the server, there isn't much benefit to doing that. The auction house is less crowded so its harder to get money. I myself play on Arathor EU on the Horde side, the server itself is already pretty empty and the horde side is even worse. Its almost impossible to sell stuff on the Auction house unless its stuff people need for raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkalz7 View Post
    Hope to god tjis happens on stormrage
    I know, that way I can make my Death Knight a Blood Elf again.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account

Ooooooh, I want to hear this story. How can you say it is to curb the sub bleeding, when it is to balance the overkill of Horde on Barthilas. They do try and balance out servers, and if there's too many people to merge then I guess that it is the only option.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I have a feeling Twisting Nether EU is going to be one of the first if not the first EU server to get this if they like the results.. which I would be fine with, because it'd save me half the cost of moving from TN Horde to Ghostlands Alliance for guild stuff.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    When have they given free faction changes outside of PTR/Betas?
    I've never seen one before oO
    in the past, do you actually wants dates?
    ive only played since firelands and i remember 3 other instances where they have offered this
    and at least 3 times that they have offered free realm changes

WTB Bleeding Hollow US.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Because its a cheaper bandaid to correct faction % then their realm connections atm.
    actually they are saving alot of money by running less servers when they do connected realms, thats why they do them
    your statement is 100% incorrect

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    WTB Bleeding Hollow US.
    do you mean you want to buy the whole server? because that is what you said
    do you really mean you want the offer for that realm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    in the past, do you actually wants dates?
    ive only played since firelands and i remember 3 other instances where they have offered this
    and at least 3 times that they have offered free realm changes
    Yeah, free realm changes.
    This is free faction change, as go from Horde to Alliance.
    As far as I know, they haven't done that before.
    And even if it has happened before, actual dates are not needed, but I can't recall it in my 7 years

Yes I would like to transfer an alt or 2 over to the Alliance to use the AH. Probably won't happen since its relatively balanced for a large realm, but one can dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    Yeah, free realm changes.
    This is free faction change, as go from Horde to Alliance.
    As far as I know, they haven't done that before.
    like i said, they have offered this 3 other times before, we are talking about faction changes
    here ill repeat it a 3rd times for you in case you have issues reading which you seem to have
    they have offered this 3 times before, meaning they have offered faction changes for free 3 other times before
    ok, just for you because you cant seem to grasp a simple concept ill repeat it again for the 4th time, they have offered a free faction change 3 times before
    end of conversation, if you still have troubles grasping this have an adult explain it to you