Deleted

Looking for an advice in class decision-making

Hello Monk-Community.

As you can see I am new to this forums, but I followed a lot of threads for a long time now.
    I am not sure if this is the right place for my question, but I think a class forum should be the best choice and the Monk-Community might know more about differences and strenghts between Monks and other classes.

I've found a new group to raid with (flex mostly) and need an advice for deciding which class I should use. I know none of you could tell me what is the most fun to me, but this isn't the problem (sadly).
    I want to decide between a Windwalker Monk and a Retribution Paladin (third possibility would be a Frostmage, but I like playing Melee a lot more, because I am better at it.)
    Simcraft and Raidbots are giving contradictory results and I know I have to be careful with these tools, so I wanted to ask for your help and experience.
    Is one of them stronger or are they so close to each other that it doesn't matter which one I play? Equipment (557 and 558) and skill should be equal. Second specialization is not important, because as the strongest DD they don't ask me to change to tank or heal. We have all Buffs available. I know Retribution brings some useful Support-Skills, but most of the time our problems are a result of missing damage, so I want to know if WW or Ret might be the better choice damagewise. Or should I focus on my Frostmage (553; bad luck with Ordos) if damage is the problem?

I hope my english isn't too bad (I'm not used to ask questions in english^^").

Best regards.
    Loewenherz

Deleted
    Ret has some nice raid utility, but its DMG suck balls. WW can do much better now, but has close to none utility that retri can provide. Also for me, WW is much more fun to play.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ret is very boring, the spells that should be your big hitters like TV don't hit hard enough. You get more dps out of the HP generators than the HP finishers.

WW is exciting and requires fast reactions and planning ahead to do well.

And yes I am biased.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, please refrain from making "which class should I play" threads. The guide threads generally give a good description of the class's strengths and weaknesses.