Page 79 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TanksBosses View Post
    My favorite part is where you focused on just farming. I said timeless isle style because it encompassed dailies, rares, pet collecting, worlds bosses or any other task in the game (ie. getting the most out of the content)

But i'll bite on just farming since you wanted laser focus on it.

I dont know about you but i'm going to a fair bit of farming just to get my garrisons up. I'm not 100% sure how they work but i'm sitting on like 600g right now and have no intention of returning till WoD.
    Ok, let's have a look at timeless isle. It was Tol Barad with Purple Pinatas, and rare spawns. Dailies were such a drag in 5.1, that in 5.4, they blew up the Golden Pagoda, completely destroying that Daily Quest Hub. As for hunting rares, collecting pets, and getting to world bosses, all of those things are done more efficiently from the sky. If you tried to get a group together in the Shrine, and then ride your ground mounts out to the Sha, and then ride them again out to Oondasta, you would be sitting a LONG time trying to get a group to do a World Boss Tour. If people assumed world boss tours in WoD will be more fun going from boss to boss on ground mounts, I wish them luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ckb1978 View Post
    IN my honest opinion in WOD please "DO NOT" give us flying mounts get people back out exploring the world again instead of getting to lvl 100 then afking in major cities all day atm in game all you see in game on busy servers is hundreds and hundreds of people on mounts afk in major cities

have a nice day
    The penalty of no flying will push people from out in the world to cities and garrisons. Want people out in the world? Create content that we want to participate in at level 100. They have tried to do this in the past and for my opinion they have failured.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon is the Answer View Post
    flying is an essential part of how we play Warcraft. Taking away flying for us, what we use as a tool in our end game, would be like removing raiding for you, and leaving you with LFR, Dungeons, and Challenge Modes (ground mounts, flight paths, or walking).
    Flying isn't essential to anything, it's nothing more but a luxury and more convenient way to travel.

- - - Updated - - -

Raiding is a TOOL used to get gear.
    Stop trying to compare raiding to flying it's not even in the same ballpark...In fact it's not even the same sport. Flying isn't content.

Lol raiding aint just a tool for gear. A lot of us raid for the story, social interaction, and the challenge. Gear is just a byproduct, especially because most raiders know they will be replacing that shit asap anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Flying isn't essential to anything, it's nothing more but a luxury and more convenient way to travel.
    And ground mounts aren't essential to anything, it's nothing more than a luxury and more convenient way to travel. Lets delete ground mounts too!

Not everything has to be essential to be enjoyed. Should we delete these since they aren't essential? Pet battles, archaeology, ore, herbs, skinning, exploring, pet collecting, dailies. fishing, garrisons and professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    And ground mounts aren't essential to anything, it's nothing more than a luxury and more convenient way to travel. Lets delete ground mounts too!

Not everything has to be essential to be enjoyed. Should we delete these since they are essential? Pet battles, archaeology, ore, herbs, skinning, exploring, pet collecting, dailies. fishing, garrisons and professions.
    I think he was just saying don't compare raiding to flying mounts, not ground mounts to flying mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I think he was just saying don't compare raiding to flying mounts, not ground mounts to flying mounts.
    Some people don't raid at all and raids have zero importance in the game to them, I bet they still use flying mounts. People enjoy different aspects of the game. Should we just delete everything you don't like?

Some people don't raid at all and raids have zero importance in the game to them, I bet they still use flying mounts. People enjoy different aspects of the game. Should we just delete everything you don't like?
    You need to calm down friend, no one is talking about that in the post you mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to calm down friend, no one is talking about that in the post you mentioned.
    Yes he did.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop trying to compare raiding to flying it's not even in the same ballpark...In fact it's not even the same sport. Flying isn't content.

Yes he did.
    ....exactly. He isn't talking about deleting flying. He's saying not to compare it to raiding. Dude, how do you link something that showcases how you didn't read it lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Apparently, you live on a planet where programming is free.
    As a programmer I can attest, Programming is most certainly not free. :P

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that it bothers you so much tells me it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol raiding aint just a tool for gear. A lot of us raid for the story, social interaction, and the challenge. Gear is just a byproduct, especially because most raiders know they will be replacing that shit asap anyways.
    I farm flying mounts for the achievement, the adventure, and the challenge. Then, much like a raider who shows off their gear (in current content), I too wish to show off my flying mounts (in current zones, 10 feet or more above the ground).

I farm flying mounts for the achievement, the adventure, and the challenge. Then, much like a raider who shows off their gear (in current content), I too wish to show off my flying mounts (in current zones, 10 feet or more above the ground).
    You still can show off the flying mounts you farmed, just grounded. If showing off your farmed item is all you're interested in (which you're not), then there's no reason to fly as more people can see it on the ground.

You still can show off the flying mounts you farmed, just grounded. If showing off your farmed item is all you're interested in (which you're not), then there's no reason to fly as more people can see it on the ground.
    Ground animation is a far cry different from flight animation. The Iron Skyreaver shows us that.

Has nothing to do with what people like and don't like. It's what features overall are having a negative impact on the game and causing certain behavior and decision making to a majority of players. Blizzard holds all the data and they didn't like what was happening and much of it had a direct link to Flying. That's pretty much end of story.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that it bothers you so much tells me it is.
    Bothers me how exactly? And how did you get that impression? Doesn't bother me at all, i think it's fantastic Blizzard is taking more charge of their game and guiding it in the way it should be going.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....exactly. He isn't talking about deleting flying. He's saying not to compare it to raiding. Dude, how do you link something that showcases how you didn't read it lol?
    English isn't your first language I take it.

- - - Updated - - -

Has nothing to do with what people like and don't like. It's what features overall are having a negative impact on the game and causing certain behavior and decision making to a majority of players. Blizzard holds all the data and they didn't like what was happening and much of it had a direct link to Flying. That's pretty much end of story..
    It is completely about what people like or don't like. It's only your opinion that flying has an overall negative impact on the game. For me, flying clearing has a positive impact on the game.

This is all about what we don't like and do like and it's just your opinion against mine.

LOL it's not "pretty much end of story" OMG!

- - - Updated - - -

I could care less if people see me on my flying mount LOL!

Bothers me how exactly? And how did you get that impression? Doesn't bother me at all, i think it's fantastic Blizzard is taking more charge of their game and guiding it in the way it should be going.
    Raiding is a tool, as is flying. Raiding is fun, as is flying. Raiding helps you progress your character. Flying helps you do the same thing via achievements and other forms of progression.

Your game =/= my game. But we are both playing WoW.

It is completely about what people like or don't like. It's only your opinion that flying has an overall negative impact on the game. For me, flying clearing has a positive impact on the game.

This is all about what we don't like and do like and it's just your opinion against mine.
    It is in this forum discussion but it isn't why the change is being made. It's a much bigger picture that branches of in many different directions. What you like or what i like is irrelevant and no concrete ground to base a opinion that warrants a reversal. It's not a manner of liking, it's a manner of how this is effecting the game play and experience overall. What their doing is the correct decision regardless on how you feel.

What their doing is the correct decision regardless on how you feel.
    Logic instead of emotion. Not all of us are Vulcans. Some of us have emotional vestment in the game after so many years.

I could care less if people see me on my flying mount LOL!
    Replying to Bacon, not you, learn to read please.