High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Warriors: Proven Defender

Hey, everyone. I'm working towards my Proven Defender title. I've had two wipes at wave 29 (the rage was intense!). I'm currently just running in my standard PvE gear (full avoidance), but was wondering if perhaps a mastery build would be better, despite the Riposte buff we've received. Thoughts?

Deleted
    Stick to riposte and just refine the way you do the waves, if you have wiped two times at 29 you're very close as the hardest wave is generally wave 26.

Did it in avoidance build. For the last waves you just need to be extra careful, dont try to do something that you obviously wouldn't be able to take. Always use you control skills - Shockwave, Intimidating shout, disrupting shout or piercing howl. Intervene to your banners to escape etc. Take the out one by one basically whenever it's possible.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I just stuck to my regular set up. I switched back to my standard glyphs, and the only chance made to my talents was swapping Dragon Roar to Shockwave. I easily made it all the way to 29. Actually, it's a really funny and god-awful story:

As I said, after reverting back to my normal talent/glyph setup, the Endless Tank challenge was a breeze! The only CD I ever felt I *had* to use was Shield Wall. I popped it at the beginning of Wave 7 and at the beginning of Wave 9 (and, of course, 17, 27, 19, 29, etc.). So, there I was - Wave 29, and let me tell you guys, it was perfect. I had every cooldown up (except for Shield Wall, obviously), and knew that wave 30 would be easy (the 10th wave of every set was always easy for me). I had it - "Proven Defender" was surely mine.

But, right as I was about to enter Wave 30, something happened. My game froze completely. I frantically asked my buddy who was in Skype with me if I had disconnected from the game yet, and he said I hadn't. So, naturally, I started spamming my Naga buttons which activated my Last Stand, Demo Banner...you name it, I popped it, hoping that my game would come back into focus. I didn't, so I windowed out and back in. Upon windowing back in, the most horrifying sight was in front of me. No, I was not dead - that would have been preferred. No, my friends, it was much worse:

"You have used up your prepaid time for this account."

In other words, had I waited an extra 120 seconds before typing in my credit card info 31 days ago, I'd have a badass title right now.

Typed into my account info? "000*******0000FFFFF" from where I was trying to spam my defensive cooldowns.

I'm reactivating and getting my title today.

I got my title without any reforging / regemming(I made a point of doing it this way as I don't think Blizzard expecting you to do this for a sideshow is particularly good gameplay just because your gear is being scaled down). My best advice is to judiciously make use of your 3 healthstone charges in the last 6 waves or so. Particularly in Wave 6, 7, and 9 as these are definitely the most dangerous waves in endless(in my opinion) due to the fact that you can't blow CDs on some of them due to needing them for wave 10. Being able to enraged regen AND healthstone through a lot of the damage you take in wave 29 for example is VERY helpful when your kiting abilities are on CD and you're taking hits from the whole mob of guys.

My second piece of advice is to bring up a notepad or something and make a strong plan of what CDs you're using in which wave(both defensive and CC). It'll really help you get a picture of which CDs you are not using when you could be using them to help reduce risk of dying to something silly or a particularly dangerous wave.

If you need further help in refinement it would help to outline your game plan in the last 5 waves(6-10) so we can help tune your strat a bit.