Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Arms is straight up unplayable. It isn't even funny.
    Agreed. You don't generate enough rage to use any abilities, your auto attacks are too slow etc, and everything costs too much rage to use.

No one is going to play Arms in PvE like that. PvP is a whole different matter with anyone and their mom waiting for a burst window and unloading all of their rage.

And Fury, LOL. Archi said it perfectly on twitter - https://twitter.com/Archimtiros/stat...26477458714624

My new Arms writeup on Alpha forums. The spec is terrible, just no way around it. Has more problems than a math book and zero spec identity or depth of mechanics to carry it.

That's a good write-up. Let's see how they consider this feedback. Hell, if I have to make a poll on every forum to show numbers of warriors not playing either spec anymore because of recent changes, I'll do it.

I just got back onto the alpha servers and I've been trying arms on the 100 premades.

This just feels so beyond wrong and bad. I spend 3-5 seconds between mortal strikes doing NOTHING. like, i could fill all that time running out and charging back in for some extra rage, and it probably would be an increase because you have nothing else to hit.

It's awful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Arms is straight up unplayable. It isn't even funny.
    WTF are they doing man?!
    Straight garbage. They surely must know this, I do not want a 3 button warrior, no facking way. Pruning has gone off the rails and turned into a fiery ball crashing towards the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    My new Arms writeup on Alpha forums. The spec is terrible, just no way around it. Has more problems than a math book and zero spec identity or depth of mechanics to carry it.
    Collision's Fury write-up paints just as bleak a picture.

This can't go live. Neither of them.

Surely.

Surely?

Quote Originally Posted by The Caretaker View Post
    Collision's Fury write-up paints just as bleak a picture.

This can't go live. Neither of them.

Surely.

Surely?
    For once we are in agreement. I like Gladiator though. I don't want to like it, but god damnit I do.

Seriously it basically is Fury, just... easier without quite as much cunning applied to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    WTF are they doing man?!
    Straight garbage. They surely must know this, I do not want a 3 button warrior, no facking way. Pruning has gone off the rails and turned into a fiery ball crashing towards the ground.
    Funny thing, its not even about the # of buttons. Sure, 3 button rotation is pretty dumb, but the bigger issue is the interaction of the abilities. There is simply nothing engaging about the spec.

Deleted
    A spec with no procs, no bleeds, half the time doing nothing but auto-attacking and the other half struggling to use any of the buttons because it's primary source is solely based on something the player has no effect on.

I read some tweets days ago, from Celestalon I think, saying they are trying to bring back the feeling of Arms being a hard hitting truck again
    but they are doing it wrong... well, waiting for 10s doing nothing to build suficient rage and spend in 2~3 attacks isnt engaging or fun to me...
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    A spec with no procs, no bleeds, half the time doing nothing but auto-attacking and the other half struggling to use any of the buttons because it's primary source is solely based on something the player has no effect on.
    At this stage, it wouldn't shock me to see Flurry make a cross-spec comeback for rage generation...

And was called Deathwish.

I think that Arms did not need any overhaul at all! During MoP, while reading one of the watercooler articles, I remember stumbling upon an opinion from blizzard that macroing stances is pretty much bad design. I also remember them saying that a player has something to do while pressing the rotation. The last implementation of arms warrior is everything that is bad design! MoP arms design is great, why not just do some tuning and leave it alone? I like the idea behind the new execute implementation. I just hate the idea of building rage from autoattacks! Stances also suck. I do not see any "depth" improvement by just macroing it all over warrior abilities. It specially sucks for PvP. Oh hell, probably it is time to reroll to some other class, like feral for instance, which makes me even more mad at the stupid game designers. Make warriors' life harder while making it easier for every single class in the game...

Deleted
    At this stage, it wouldn't shock me to see Flurry make a cross-spec comeback for rage generation...

...This wouldn't shock me as much as I'd like it to.

Deleted

Wouldn't mind DW back, nothing to do with flurry tho.

Having seen the video Collision posted on the alpha forums, the best thing I can come up with is - just revert everything and tune the numbers.

Alpha is alpha and all that but for something so abysmal to even make it to testing...

10+ Year Old Account
    So it seem blizzard just fucked up both warrior dps spec. Good job as alwyas Blizz. Much love from warrior players <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Trillebartom is currently streaming Arms lv 100 arenas, if anyone is interested.

Looks awfully boring between the 5 minute games/extreme downtime/I swear he's not ever pressing whirlwind.

Next change will be to make arms into the vanilla ret paladin, all damage comes from Colossus Smash, a buff that costs 100 rage that you apply to yourself that lasts 20 seconds and has a chance to proc dealing x% weapon damage(whatever damage makes it viable) that ignores the opponent's armor. Execute costs X rage and can be used to consume the Colossus Smash buff and instantly deal the Colossus Smash damage +x% damage. Mortal Strike, and Whirlwind have been removed.