Question Do we know if any devs play warrior?

Serious question here. Looking at the various changes to warrior, none of the specs are really happy except prot. Arms rotation in WoD is brain dead to a large extent, and their PvP viability is being put into question (which has been the arms warrior niche since forever). Meanwhile, Fury rotation is being tampered with, which just about anyone who plays fury will say it was pretty much perfect.

Originally it was thought that blizz was just prunning abilities for varied reasons and leaving the rotations intact. In the last few weeks we've learned how wrong that notion was.

It makes me wonder if any devs actually play warrior. Because these changes are being met badly by both people who have tried the changes and those who have seen them. Even none warriors are looking at our class and laughing about it. Its the only reason I can think for these changes: No one at blizz actually plays a warrior, no one that matters when it comes to class balance in the very least.

Devs all unsubbed a long time ago.

I think they must all play hunter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is final yet. They got rid of a lot of abilities, this means they have to adjust the rotation of pretty much every class/spec. It's not gonna be perfect on the first try, there is a lot of time left until launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Nothing is final yet. They got rid of a lot of abilities, this means they have to adjust the rotation of pretty much every class/spec. It's not gonna be perfect on the first try, there is a lot of time left until launch.
    Have any other classes gone through such large scale rotation changes? Iconic abilities being lost that are part of main rotation?

In WoD warriors have a rotation, and blue posters have confirmed that their WoD rotations are complete. Reading blue posts, they think that warrior is done as far as rotation goes, so no, there is no adjusting left to them. What we have, is what we're getting unless they go back to how warrior worked before.

Deleted
    Do you know how many wow players it takes to change a light bulb?

Deleted
    Its about time. JEEZ warriors have been super buffed fora long time time. Yay i say. buff rogues now

Devs play all the classes. There are a lot of developers.
    This kind of lazy hyperbole is always embarrassing to read, especially as it's literally as old as vanilla WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Devs play all the classes. There are a lot of developers.
    This kind of lazy hyperbole is always embarrassing to read, especially as it's literally as old as vanilla WoW.
    It's a fair question. Ussually these statements are in relation to other classes getting buffed, or percieved nerfs: ussually percentage based minuses.

In this case, its a question of how the class plays at its core. Its hard to believe that anyone playing a Warrior would want the changes they are doing: unless prot of course. Not from a balance standpoint, but rather looking at how fun the class is, and how interesting it's design is. For instance, the stance dancing mechanic being reintroduced, but in such a way as to cripple us when it comes to raid utility and PvP play. Or the hack job done on Arms. Or how rage is working with no rage gainers: only spenders.

If blizz does have devs who play warriors as their mains, then I certainly would like to know what they think of the changes being made.

We know what most of the devs play, beside GC who was / is very discrete about his char(s) the other big ones on Twitter are quite open about it.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone expect this thread to yield any fruits of wisdom? I mean like, really?
    Let´s assume we could really find out which/how many devs play warrior. Depending on that the thread would go like this:
    Few devs play warrior: "Lol omg, only one dev plays warrior, no wonder it gets not enough love"
    All devs play warrior: "Lol omg, no wonder it gets changes that often, too many cooks spoil the broth"
    A fair amount of devs play warrior: "Lol omg, I bet blizzard tells them what to play to ensure each class is represented equally, fucking PR, no wonder they hate what they play"

So let me answer some unasked questions. No, the amount of devs playing a class won´t affect the class dramatically. Yes, devs are biased because human. No, being biased does not mean making false decisions. People tend to forget, that blizzard is a buisness over all, which intends to make money. Money cannot be made with a player base suffering from immense unbalancing. Yes, this is beta. No, things won´t stay as they are. Yes, the removal of some iconic warrior abilities is tragic. Will it make the game unplayable? Nope.

In the history of wow there were many decisions I deemed unfavorable or even fatal for the game. In the end blizzard always managed to convince me of their new concept. Even if I had not the utmost faith in their plans, this thread will neither change anything in the beta nor explain anything that changed.

my two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Not to my knowledge. I do urge all warriors to close your eyes and take a deep breath, say for...2 months? Then, if still living and gasping for air (wow), come back and look over the changes. Because it's going to be nothing but i bumpy road.
    If they are serious about reducing arms to a 3 button dmg spec in WoD, I hate to say it but that doesn't sound fun, and I play for fun.
    Reroll to boomie or rogue possible. BUT COME ON WUUUURRRRRIIOORRR!!

10+ Year Old Account
    As pointed out in the thread, there isn't much use to a thread asking how many Devs play xx class and how xx class is broken, especially so early into the alpha/beta phase when so much is changing.