Deleted

Looking for some gearing advice

Hello friends,

I came back to WoW after a 1,5 year long break about 3 weeks ago and I'm looking for some gearing advice on my monk, since I've not really kept up to date with things in the time I was away. Since I'm pretty damn clueless about SimCraft, I was wondering if people here could give me some advice on gearing.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Liuwen/simple <- this is my monk, there are many like it, but this one's mine. So as you can see at the moment I've been going for a lot of haste, sometimes even at the expense of socket bonuses, cause that's what MrRobot told me to do once I had put in the stat weights that I got from my ex guild leader...

But it just doesn't feel right to me. I know there's various gearing paradigms when it comes to monk, depending on what kind of content you're looking to do. For me, I'm not really actively raiding at the moment, not doing heroics or anything and in general my gear is still pretty bad. For my current gear-level, what would you guys suggest me to do?

Cheers for any feedback!

7+ Year Old Account
    For which spec do you want advice? Your Brewmaster or Windwalker spec?

Deleted
    Oh sorry, for brewmaster, yes.

Deleted
    Main priority is hit to 7.5% and expertise to 15%, this make sure none of your attacks miss wich will be the best way for you to generate chi through jab and keg smash.

For brewmaster you dont NEED any haste at all. It is however very good for you and I would recommend to get atleast 4000 in low gear levels. I'm raiding 10m heroic and I have 8k, I wouldnt recommend going over 8k though.

After those 2 check points you can either choose crit to increase your dps and the rate you get elusive brew at, if you arent raiding I would suggest you take this route.

The second strategy wich is more or less inferior by far until you go up against hard hitting bosses(I would say this is heroic raid bosses)would be to get a ton of mastery wich will increase your stagger amount so you take less damage up front.

But as a conclusion to this, if you arent raiding you can do whatever the hell you want as they are all very balanced. Only checkpoint that is absolutely NEEDED is hit and expertise.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ng-Guide-5-4-0

You have to set a haste cap for AMR or it will tell you to stack haste forever. Find a number for haste that works for you and put that as the haste cap. The rest of your stats should go to mastery for survivability. 15% exp > 7.5% hit > Haste (to your cap) > Mastery > Crit
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

7+ Year Old Account
    First you'll want to get expertise to 15% (5100 expertise rating) and hit to 7,5% (2550 hit rating).

After that there are three ways to gear:

- Mastery > Agility > Crit > Haste (between 4-11k, depending on personal preference (I stick to 6-6,5k myself).
    This build smooths the incoming damage.

- Agility > Crit > Haste (between 4-11k, depending on personal preference (I stick to 6-6,5k myself) > Mastery.
    This build increases the uptime on your Elusive Brew, gives you higher dps, and lowers the total damage you take the most, but the damage you do take is a bit more unpredictable.

- Agility > Mastery = crit > Haste (between 4-11k, depending on personal preference (I stick to 6-6,5k myself).
    This build is a mix of the previous two. It increases your damage a bit, reduces the total damage you take a bit, and smooths out the damage you take a bit.

If you're not confident playing Brewmaster, the first build (the Mastery one) is the safest to follow.

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice so far, guys. I did struggle a bit when I had just started playing brewmaster (was playing prot warrior before), had trouble with my shuffle uptime. Now though, muscle memory has kicked in and I've tweaked my interface with weakauras a lot, so my shuffle uptime is 100% on most fights now.

I guess the problem is that I didn't set a haste cap on Mr Robot. The reason I use that tool (with custom stat weights) is because reforging/gemming/enchanting really is a whole bunch of math nowadays, and it gets a bit tedious when you want to replace one piece of gear and you have to change basically everything about your gear.

Since I don't really plan on going 25man or heroics right now, I guess I'll stick with the agi > crit > haste build for now, and see how I do. Now I just need to figure out simcraft and get some stat weights so I don't have to do aaaall of that math myself.

Cheers!