Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

X-men days of the future past questions ( Spoiler alert)

Hi ,

Yesterday i saw this movie. It was brilliant but have some questions, so maybe i missed something and you guys give me some answers.

1.I have a feeling that this xmen has nothing to do with old trilogy movies ( Xmen 1 xmen 2 xmen 3: last stand) am i right?

2.Is this like a new trilogy? Xmen : first class , Xmen : days of future past and x men : apocalypse?

3.How is possible that proffesor X ich back ? ( in present not in past, as he died in xmen 3 when jean killed him)

4.What do you think of ending regarding wolverine on the ship and mistique looks like young striker?

5. Has present wolverine adamantite skeleton or not?

6. Do you think next movie will be focuses on present and young xmen are gone forever ( young xavier and fasbender as magneto?

7. After credit scene is obviously refering to apocalypse and four horseman but i dont really remember them from xmen cartoons i know they were there but who were those 4 hoursemen? I guess they will have names pestilence war death etc... like in the bible

This is enogh for now if i get news question i will update post. Thanks for answers!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidisko View Post
    Hi ,

Yesterday i saw this movie. It was brilliant but have some questions, so maybe i missed something and you guys give me some answers.

1.I have a feeling that this xmen has nothing to do with old trilogy movies ( Xmen 1 xmen 2 xmen 3: last stand) am i right?

2.Is this like a new trilogy? Xmen : first class , Xmen : days of future past and x men : apocalypse?

3.How is possible that proffesor X ich back ? ( in present not in past, as he died in xmen 3 when jean killed him)

4.What do you think of ending regarding wolverine on the ship and mistique looks like young striker?

6. Do you think next movie will be focuses on present and young xmen are gone forever ( young xavier and fasbender as magneto?

7. After credit scene is obviously refering to apocalypse and four horseman but i dont really remember them from xmen cartoons i know they were there but who were those 4 hoursemen? I guess they will have names pestilence war death etc... like in the bible

This is enogh for now if i get news question i will update post. Thanks for answers!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

1: As far as I know, this one is more of a sequel to First Class, but does involve *some* bits and bobs from the old trilogy.

2: As far as I know, no, it's not a new trilogy per se, but they'll likely re-boot the X-men franchise for the 700th time.

3: Dunno.

4: Meh.

5: Yes, he does. The directors posted some jibberish about how Magneto, off screen, created a new one for him - quite silly.

6: I hope not, young Xavier annoys me so much.

7: Apocalypse and his Four Horsemen are ancient Marvel/X-men lore. Many different mutants have been the Four Horsemen over the years, Wolverine was, for example, Death at one point. And yes, they do have the Biblical names.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

1. It has everything to do with the old trilogy.

2. Here's the order, chronologically (not necessarily the best order to watch it in though): X-Men: First Class, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men, X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, The Wolverine, X-Men: Days of Future Past (which creates a new timeline 1973-forward, which we will see in X-Men: Apocalypse).

3. The after credits scene in The Last Stand showed Professor X having transferred his consciousness to the brain-dead body seen earlier in the film. The after credits scene in The Wolverine showed Magneto and Professor X seeking Wolverine's help. X-Men: Days of Future Past takes place 10 years after that, at least the future-parts does.

4. The ending shows that time has changed because Mystique didn't kill Trask. What it has changed to, we won't know before X-Men: Apocalypse (which takes place in the 80's with the young versions of some of the mutants).

5. In the new timeline? We don't know yet. At least I don't remember him showing his claws.

6. We know that Apocalypse is focused on the First Class peeps. I'd be sad if we never saw the old cast again, and that they would instead build up the 50 new years, but they are getting old. We'll see what happens after Apocalypse.

7. I don't know the comics, but here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsemen_of_Apocalypse

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    1: As far as I know, this one is more of a sequel to First Class, but does involve *some* bits and bobs from the old trilogy.

2: As far as I know, no, it's not a new trilogy per se, but they'll likely re-boot the X-men franchise for the 700th time.

3: Dunno.

4: Meh.

5: Yes, he does. The directors posted some jibberish about how Magneto, off screen, created a new one for him - quite silly.

6: I hope not, young Xavier annoys me so much.

7: Apocalypse and his Four Horsemen are ancient Marvel/X-men lore. Many different mutants have been the Four Horsemen over the years, Wolverine was, for example, Death at one point. And yes, they do have the Biblical names.
    The X-Men franchise has never been rebooted in the normal sense of the word.

I believe Magneto created a new one for him in the decade between The Wolverine and Days of Future Past, but we don't know if he has one in the new timeline. Although, I think it was only the claws he needed to get the adamantium back in? Didn't he still have it in his skeleton by the end of The Wolverine?

Young Xavier is an awesome actor.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-05-22 at 12:59 PM.

Deleted
    Still wonder how he magically got out of his wheelchair.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Still wonder how he magically got out of his wheelchair.
    He takes a drug that gives him his ability to walk back, but also "mutes" his mutant powers.

yeah It is explained alot in the movie (just saw it, would say it is better than Captain america 2) I haven't felt such joy in my soul/brain/whatever for quite some time after watching the movie... The ending was as satisfying as eating endless icecream on a hot summers day, while on vacation.

Spoilers below

seeing the "Older" beast (Kelsey Grammer) Jean and Cyclops, and the new charles Xavier was nice... Seriously it was amazing, the only question i have left is how will the next Wolverine movie make sense :P I mean, X-men origins got sort of retconned in the new timeline

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidisko View Post
    Hi ,

1. It does for the fact of the same actors, yes, but the story alone was wiped clean, because time travel is lovely like that, so everything that happened in X-Men 1-3 ended with 3, or possibly the second the time alters for the final time in this one. Depends on how you look at it.

2. It's a first class trilogy, yes. Apocalypse will mostly take place in the 80s.

3. It's possible because who said it's the first time Kitty used her ability to time travel, and agian, everything with the first 3 X-Men have been wiped clean due to this movie.

4. It's the only question I had that the movie can't really answer, cliffhangers yo. If she's truly evil, he'll still get his claws and Magneto will rip them from his body, like in the comics, thus actually killing the dude in a way so gruesome, if shown, cold make the movie rated R just for that.

5. We'll see in the trailers for Apocalypse. Depends on what Mystique does with him.

6. Past, already confirmed by the director himself. And it's on wikipedia, and IMDB.

7. It's going to be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    yeah It is explained alot in the movie (just saw it, would say it is better than Captain america 2) I haven't felt such joy in my soul/brain/whatever for quite some time after watching the movie... The ending was as satisfying as eating endless icecream on a hot summers day, while on vacation.

Spoilers below

seeing the "Older" beast (Kelsey Grammer) Jean and Cyclops, and the new charles Xavier was nice... Seriously it was amazing, the only question i have left is how will the next Wolverine movie make sense :P I mean, X-men origins got sort of retconned in the new timeline
    Agreed on all points, this movie just..damn, no words to express, because my expectations were very very low, but DAMN this movie is impressive on so many levels. Apocalypse will come out in 2017 and Wolverine "3" in 2017, and still no deadpool standalone, so, if they want to do anything with that character, put him in Apocalypse. After all, won't be Ryan Reynolds, due to this movie erasing that past. Which on that point, I hope Yukio can come into play, as The Wolverine(2013 film) timeline should (hopefully) remain untouched for the most part. Because, well, he had bone claws when older X and Magneto came to him to start this film, than got his claws somewhere in between OMG I just discovered a plot hole here fuck me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like mentioned, Xavier "survived" through the braind-dead host body (believed to be his brother?) in the post-credits scene of x-men 3. Or time-travel retcon/whatever!

I never saw the Wolverine or the Origins: Wolverine. Something I need to know before watching Days of future past? Particularly about his state of being adamantium-ed or not? I have tickets for the new movie movie today :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Like mentioned, Xavier "survived" through the braind-dead host body (believed to be his brother?) in the post-credits scene of x-men 3. Or time-travel retcon/whatever!

I never saw the Wolverine or the Origins: Wolverine. Something I need to know before watching Days of future past? Particularly about his state of being adamantium-ed or not? I have tickets for the new movie movie today :P
    Really all you need to watch The Wolverine(2013) to get that part of the story(of how his claws get taken), but it's not really needed because I just remembered he had bone claws in his after credit scene for that movie, and at the beginning of this one, he has adamantium. The Wolverine was my favorite X-Men film till this one, both movies had nice after-credit scenes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Really all you need to watch The Wolverine(2013) to get that part of the story(of how his claws get taken), but it's not really needed because I just remembered he had bone claws in his after credit scene for that movie, and at the beginning of this one, he has adamantium. The Wolverine was my favorite X-Men film till this one, both movies had nice after-credit scenes.
    I just peeked at the end of wolverine to see the scene where Xavier and Magneto turned up. Unfortunately won't have time to see the whole movie until I see this new one tonight.

Saw the bone claws! But hey, he seems as suprised as any to see Xavier alive, perhaps trying to validate that the events that occured in xmen 3 still, in fact, sort of happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I just peeked at the end of wolverine to see the scene where Xavier and Magneto turned up. Unfortunately won't have time to see the whole movie until I see this new one tonight.

Saw the bone claws! But hey, he seems as suprised as any to see Xavier alive, perhaps trying to validate that the events that occured in xmen 3 still, in fact, sort of happened?
    Everything has happened fully and completely. Future Past just erases anything beyond First Class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only have like a few questions about the movie after watching it. Why does Professor X still need a wheelchair if he's in his twin brother's body? Not at the end, because I realize the timeline has been changed so Jean never killed him.

And what happens to Magneto after they spared Trask? Him still being a criminal doesn't really make sense since Prof X achieved what he wanted, relative peace between mutants and humans. He would just be a criminal to be a criminal, which...isn't what Magneto is about. He's not really a villain like that.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2014-05-23 at 10:59 PM.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    I only have like a few questions about the movie after watching it. Why does Professor X still need a wheelchair if he's in his twin brother's body? Not at the end, because I realize the timeline has been changed so Jean never killed him.

And what happens to Magneto after they spared Trask? Him still being a criminal doesn't really make sense since Prof X achieved what he wanted, relative peace between mutants and humans. He would just be a criminal to be a criminal, which...isn't what Magneto is about. He's not really a villain like that.
    1) I don't know if anybody has explained that in an interview, but if not, we probably don't know.

2) We don't know this either before X-Men: Apocalypse. Presumably he continues his path, finds like-minded mutants and gets other good reasons for why humans should be killed and mutants should reign supreme.

10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts on a few points.

The timeline doesn't necessarily change X-Men 1 and 2 from happening. Because in order for Wolverine to be at the school and as a teacher means something similar to that effect must of happened. It does however look like it has retconed X-Men 3 (thank god!)

This is the second movie in the first class trilogy that also happened to include the past cast. As far as anyone has said the next movie will not have the old cast back apart from maybe Wolverine (Jackman has hinted to this)

Wolverine did have his bone claws at the after credits scene of The wolverine, however 10 years passed between that and this movie and it was said that there was a stockpile of adamantium so I guess they just want the audience to figure he got them re bonded for the war.

As far as Prof X being back well they haven't officially said how that happened (there was that after credits scene but that didn't explain it all) but it's not really a big deal because X-men 3 shouldn't have existed (and now hopefully doesn't) in the first place.

We won't really know what changes have happened like with wolverine and Stryker etc until the next movie.

And it's probably safe to say that Magneto had a pretty similar life to that of the old movies, was seen as a criminal and got together a group of mutants to put forward the mutant's rule agenda, with the X-Men there to stop him etc. Mystique showed that not all Mutants are evil (just like humans) so humanity shouldn't just go after them all.

Overall great movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    2) We don't know this either before X-Men: Apocalypse. Presumably he continues his path, finds like-minded mutants and gets other good reasons for why humans should be killed and mutants should reign supreme.
    Considering we see the "core" members of the classic Brotherhood of Mutants, I think we can assume he ends up gathering them together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well looks like it retcons origins, last stand, and wolverine. The bad thing about this, is it retcons the wolverine, which I liked him having a thing with Mariko and Yukio no longer being his companion. =( Good thing is, it Retcons both Origins and Last Stand =D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Well looks like it retcons origins, last stand, and wolverine. The bad thing about this, is it retcons the wolverine, which I liked him having a thing with Mariko and Yukio no longer being his companion. =( Good thing is, it Retcons both Origins and Last Stand =D
    Yea ,sadly I'm going to miss those characters too, they could have some scenes in Wolverine's standalone film in 2017 after apocalypse. And from Wolverine's point, it can go either way because Younger X went through basically all of Wolverine's memories from that point up till the future. And the "we have alot to talk about" ending could be him telling him all about the memories he went through, and having basically two different "past" to go forward with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Considering we see the "core" members of the classic Brotherhood of Mutants, I think we can assume he ends up gathering them together.

Pretty much, it explains why you don't see any of the mutants that were outside the entire time except for Storm at the end. Because they're all on Magneto's side. I also think there's a little hint/nod/easteregg/excellent choice of words of him saying "any you who wish to join my Brotherhood" during his speech in front of the White House. Shame, cause that means if X and Mag don't get together, I have to watch Blink die a 3rd time, but this time, for reals. She throught with portals like a boss, dat gravity jump. Hell, dat teamwork from all of them was amazing.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2014-05-24 at 11:50 PM.

Blink confuses me a bit.

1. The actor says she's signed a deal for 5 X-Men movies, so she'll show up for quite a few.
    2. She did not look old at all in the future.
    3. The Apocalypse movie takes place in the 80s.

So either she skips this next one and shows up later on, or something else will be at play that changes the timeline further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blink confuses me a bit.

1. The actor says she's signed a deal for 5 X-Men movies, so she'll show up for quite a few.

So either she skips this next one and shows up later on, or something else will be at play that changes the timeline further.
    well, the actress is hot. And shes from china. soooo... Maybe she comes into next one, simply as a cameo, as prof xavier tells wolverine about the past. You no just pops in, be like hi, im hot. or a post credits scene. But if she says she is in the next 4 (5 picture deal included dofp), then she probably is. I have not heard of chinese actresses getting canned. Plus. Shes hot.

Though, during the movie, I wonder if master mold was ever thought of. =( As it is, we barely got to see mk1 sentinels preform, and wished to see more of them. It basically just turned into a magneto centered film. And I doubt sentinels will ever be brought up in future films, as they were technically delt with in this film. -.- ahhh a comic book/1990's cartoon fan's nightmare.
    Last edited by Skayth; 2014-05-25 at 05:47 PM.

Blink confuses me a bit.

confused me too considering Blink's real name is suppose to be Clarice Ferguson and she isn't Asian and why didn't she just drop portals on the Sentinels and cut em in half or port em away