Mistweavers outside of raids

I'm currently playing a BM tank, but I'm kind of bored with it. I'm pondering switching to Mistweaver full time, but I always cringe at the thought of struggling to do dailies or old content.

Are Mistweavers able to solo Timeless Isle elites for Emperor rep? Or is it pretty painful and slow?

What about Brawler's Guild or old raids? Are you able to pump out enough damage to not be a total joke?

Not sure about MW doing dailies (though I did see few running around on TI).. But I do TI as Brewmaster, just pulling like half map at once..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They have Dual spec so you don't have to switch full time. You can be MW in raids and anything else for TI or BG
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I know what dual spec is for. I was hoping to avoid having to carry around two sets of gear and be able to play a single spec that I enjoy full time.

My monk is MW (561) and BrM (550), I do my dailies as MW the damage is vastly superior and thanks to BoK cleave you also can pull several mobs at once.

I also completed brawlers guild as MW up to Nibbleh, then my damage was not enough. My best attempt was 8%, so I guess with the new item upgrades it may suffice.
    I also solo LK 25H as MW every week, it definitly is faster than BrM.

Thanks Puri, that's exactly what I was wondering. Do you stick to Crit and use Jab? Or do you do the Haste and Lightning route?

I usually stack crit and go melee.
    On TI I usually simply pull with CJL und finish the mob in melee.

MWs are actually very potent when it comes to solo content. As Puri said you can pull an almost infinite amount of mobs and cleave them down, easily outhealing any damage they throw at you (not that quest mobs hit hard), not only this but I find there's an added level of security from the opposing faction (I'm on a PvP realm), and if anyone attacks a MW monk, they're not exactly going to win 1 on 1, it'll either be a stalemate or your damage will be enough.

With enough gear you're able to solo LK HC 25, Yogg 25 0 Keepers, all of Brawlers Guild and many others, I have a few videos on my YouTube.

I dislike the whole LightningWeaver business (personal preference - mainly due to mobility and me wanting to hit buttons as much as possible), I usually stick to the whole Jab/TP/BoK thing, using Expel Harm to maximise damage where possible.

What I do like to do though, if it's plausible, is throw out a full CJL channel when I have trinket procs at ~1 second or less, since CJL snapshots, you gain a fully buffed CJL (as long as you cast it before the procs fall off).

After the buffed CJL I go back to the usual Jab/TP/BoK/EH.

Hope this helps, and have fun! I've literally gone through the whole expansion as MW; questing, PvP, dailies, dungeons, raids - even when Muscle Memory didn't exist... that was however quite painful but I'm quite stubborn.
    Last edited by Redfern; 2014-05-22 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks Redfern! I'll definitely go check out some videos.

I do most things as Mistweaver , if I switch to Windwalker its just for faster movement and more mobility. But overall you can do dailies or solo old content as mistweaver fine and you won't ever die lol.

MW is arguably far superior to WW and BrM in every way for soloing old content, especially the slightly more difficult to solo cata raids.

MW is the best spec in solo old content, MW is nearly immortal with good dps.
    Dps of BrM (without vengence) is far lower than MW.
    MW is the only healing class that can pull a lot of mobs and cleave them down without dying and stay nearly 100% full health.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    I'm currently playing a BM tank, but I'm kind of bored with it. I'm pondering switching to Mistweaver full time, but I always cringe at the thought of struggling to do dailies or old content.

Are Mistweavers able to solo Timeless Isle elites for Emperor rep? Or is it pretty painful and slow?

What about Brawler's Guild or old raids? Are you able to pump out enough damage to not be a total joke?
    150% AoE Blackout Kicks and SCKs are surprisingly strong for AoE. MW definitely doesn't pull the same damage BrM does but they can AOE pull non-stop and never die, then again when played correctly so can BrM. BrM is also one of the best gold farming classes solely because they can farm in traditionally ranged only spots like Windward Isle more than any other melee in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post

Mistweavers can do everything you've asked. The better the gear you have, the better the results.