Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    I like it although I'm not a fan of the helm.
    It looks a lot better here: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...tier17Monk.jpg.
    This is how I saw it on the front page as well, think it lookd sexy as fuck there. Gonna replace the head with rogue tier 3 from Bmah, the eye color should match the rest of the art then

Monks can wear plate now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    I'd imagine it's suppose to be the leathery skin of gronns, I could be wrong though.
    Would make sense for monks to wear really thick leather around the gloves and boots and since it's warcraft we need really big shoulders, doesn't matter if it makes sense, it's gonna happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    my thoughts exactly, also the helm does not go with the set at all. not impressed with it so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    All these comments about "plate." I dont see a single shard of metal on that set.

People are having trouble seeing the appeal in an armor with giant stone arms for a class that primarily punches? O.o

I guess it's bathrobes or bust for monks.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I think it'd look better if those were smaller.

It's hard to picture a martial arts ninja when your arms are boulders.
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

Deleted
    Reminds me of Hellboy's fist, I love it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post
    I think it'd look better if those were smaller.

It's hard to picture a martial arts ninja when your arms are boulders.
    No ninjas in this game, friend. That goes double when talking about rogues.

Think of it more as a traditional Monk (see the undergarb on the set) who's using the power of the stone as his weapon. Something like this:

I mean give them a little credit. Only so much you can do with traditional monk attire, especially for a 'class' known for its cloth robes in a game that forces them to wear leather.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    No ninjas in this game, friend. That goes double when talking about rogues.

Think of it more as a traditional Monk (see the undergarb on the set) who's using the power of the stone as his weapon. Something like this:
    Yeah it honestly makes sense. Seeing for most of our attacks we don't use weapons but hand and legs it fits having stone gauntlets to punch a bunch of savage orcs in the face.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    The interior doesn't match the exterior
    I think what you mean to say is that its bigger on the inside.

That said, eh, its different.

Why would my agile light super fast monk be wearing enough stone to drown a whale?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by odoylerules View Post
    Why would my agile light super fast monk be wearing enough stone to drown a whale?
    the same reason they can fire lightning out their hands and getting smashed lets them dodge hits from a three story high dragon - its a video game

This. 1000 times, this.

10+ Year Old Account
    They wouldn't. You'll be spending time in MogIt.

Meanwhile, my powerful, rooted, crushing-blows type monk has been waiting for something like this since level 10.

Point is, it's good that there's a little variety rather than giving everything prayer beads and rope belts. You're not going to love every set every time.

Deleted
    The Concept design is "fine". As has been said, its a class that uses fists, so the gloves being made of stone is a nice idea for the design, however huge bulky arm length gloves and big stone shoulders just look stupid next to the lackluster detail of the chest, legs and boots.
    It give the armor set the appearance of just being in the gear transition period of last tier and the current tier - think back to TBC's clown leveling gear...

The set actually looks better on Pandaren than the other races, but that is because I think Monk tier sets are designed for Pandaren, while the other class armor sets are based on the Human and Orc Models.
    Last edited by mmoc51fd6321b2; 2014-05-24 at 03:52 PM.

I think it looks awful and I want to know what the Blizzard dev was smoking when they produced the idea in their head.

I totally get what you're saying Ryngo.

They use their fists. Got it.

No ninjas in this game, friend.

Shado-Pan aren't Ninjas?
    You're also telling me that a rogue who has throwing stars and samurai swords isn't a ninja?

You have a view of your monk as the brawling type. That isn't how monks are portrayed in MoP at all. Maybe the Brewmasters, but they aren't called Brawlmasters
    The arms stand out so much from the rest of the tier they almost look like they belong to a different set. It looks hamfisted into the set, hastily chiseled into weapons.

I guess in Draenor the monks are forgetting all that harmony and balance business and have decided to shove their arms through golems and swing wildly. There's no grace in those arms, no style. Just ...

ME MONK WITH ROCK HANDS. MONK SMASH! ME NO NEED CHI. ME SHAMAN NOW. MONK BREAK YOU.
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post
    ME MONK WITH ROCK HANDS. MONK SMASH! ME NO NEED CHI. ME SHAMAN NOW. MONK BREAK YOU.
    to be fair, monks were always kung fu shamans.

they use elements like storm (water and wind), earth, fire, mists (water in the air), they put imagery imbued with power on the ground to empower themselves (totems/statues), they use a lot of spiritual power (shamans are all about spirits, and chi is the pandaren word for spirit), and they even summon feral spirits (though wise and elevated, xuen is a very feral spirit lol)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    to be fair, monks were always kung fu shamans.

they use elements like storm (water and wind), earth, fire, mists (water in the air), they put imagery imbued with power on the ground to empower themselves (totems/statues), they use a lot of spiritual power (shamans are all about spirits, and chi is the pandaren word for spirit), and they even summon feral spirits (though wise and elevated, xuen is a very feral spirit lol)
    Don't ruin it for him. He wants to be Naruto.