Biggest Fansite Forum for SWTOR?

STWOR's biggest forum is.....the official website forum but I'm not a subscriber and apparently you have to be a subscriber of the forum to post on it. Just wondering what's the biggest forum for SWTOR for both unsubscribers and subscribers? Is it MMO-Champion? Are there any others? I think there's also a Reddit but you can never get a response from anybody on Reddit.

Deleted
    I don't think it's profitable to run a SWTOR fansite, hence there are very few to none

There isn't another forum that has any reasonable amount of SWTOR postings other than the official one. There's a handful of us that creep through here and answer questions. Might be a day or two sometimes =P.

There's a fair bit of discussion that goes on in the comments on Dulfy and they (mostly) keep their information up to date.

@ZwuckeL - As a guy who use to actively make fansites for games, we don't make fansites for profit. If you make money off of a fansite, then great, but most of the time, the purpose of running a fansite is to share information to other fans of the game and have fun sharing discussion about the game. Fansites are made to create a more open environment for the community of the game because sometimes the official game forum is a bit restricted. It just shocks me that as popular of a game as SWTOR is, there are very few fansites. Hell, even WoW is a p2p game and it has more active fansites.

@Uproot - I'll have to check Dulfy out. Thanks.

Outside of the official forum this is actually the only active SWTOR forum I can really think of now that Darth Hater got shut down. But the official forum terrifies me and I can't post there, so meh.

While it doesn't seem to have an active comments section or any kind of forum: http://www.hyperspacebeacon.com/ has a ton of articles on it and it's generally got some good stuff. Larry is a huge fan of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Outside of the official forum this is actually the only active SWTOR forum I can really think of now that Darth Hater got shut down. But the official forum terrifies me and I can't post there, so meh.

While it doesn't seem to have an active comments section or any kind of forum: http://www.hyperspacebeacon.com/ has a ton of articles on it and it's generally got some good stuff. Larry is a huge fan of the game.
    lol why does the official forum terrify you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by windrider07 View Post
    lol why does the official forum terrify you?
    Probably because of the Nazi moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Probably because of the Nazi moderators.
    Partially, but the biggest thing was the posters there. They were absolutely horrid in general, attacking any who dared criticize the game and being insular as hell.

heh really? is it really that bad? I thought a game company's forum moderator team was supposed to be friendly and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Partially, but the biggest thing was the posters there. They were absolutely horrid in general, attacking any who dared criticize the game and being insular as hell.
    Even constructive criticism?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by windrider07 View Post
    heh really? is it really that bad? I thought a game company's forum moderator team was supposed to be friendly and stuff.
    They are until you say something that isn't 100% complete happiness about the game. Blizz and Carbine seem to be the best in the industry about customer service, and fairness.

Blizz has had a lot of bumps on the road, and Carbine hasn't had a game release yet. Things will change.

really? I never was there a lot, but whenever I am I have the feeling everyone hates the game. complaining about everything. but thats usually how official boards are, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    really? I never was there a lot, but whenever I am I have the feeling everyone hates the game. complaining about everything. but thats usually how official boards are, in my experience.
    Really dude, it is that BAD. I've only been there for a month and behold my amazement of how the ultra defenders gonna gang up on every thread that criticize the game. Lots of people are complaining about problems logging in for days with the latest patch and some of the answer you might get are somewhere like:

"stop whining you little kid"

"you trolls are not entitled to anything"

"get a life, its only 3 days, game X has worst patch problem" etc etc

In many game forum I've been, this is the first one that I feel that the Defenders are worst than the Trolls.

MMORPG.com's SWTOR board is slightly more active than this subforum, but not by much. Sometimes both can go a few days without new posts.

The moderation on the official boards is really horrendous, I've been permabanned without ever swearing, the reports that gave me infractions were always over calling someone out as a paid poster off-handedly. The last post that actually got me banned wasn't even serious, it was a joke to one of the regulars I was friendly with, that's how little they pay attention waving banhammers. Cut my subscription and payment info that minute, never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelda82 View Post
    The moderation on the official boards is really horrendous
    It really, really is. I used to report dozens and dozens of posts while lurking (since you can report but not post if you have an account) calling out the mods for being horrible at their jobs and not discouraging shitposting like what apanbest mentioned. They were literally doing nothing to curb the toxicity of the community and its extremely insular mindset that was beyond hostile towards the most mild criticism of the game. That's expressly why I stopped lurking over there, but that was around the time of the F2P transition. I doubt anything has changed though, sadly.

It's not (quite) as bad as it used to be. Though hilariously, I still recognize a hunk chunk of the current poster names from years ago. It's like they can never move on.

Well back to the OP question, apart from forum, there are some nice reference site you can look at.

dulfy.+++/category/swtor/ (general news and annoucement)
    swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear (gear database)
    tor-fashion.***/ (gear collecting)

sorry about the messed up link, the forum does not allow me to post link since i'm new here. just replace +++ = net, *** = com