Page 1 of 21
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,222

    Chinese president says America should "stay out of Asia"

    China's President Xi Jinping has called on Asian countries to avoid strengthening military alliances with "third party" powers.

    Addressing neighbouring countries at a summit, Mr Xi also said that issues and problems in the region should be resolved by Asians themselves.

    His comments come as the United States seeks to increase its presence in Asia.

    China is locked in disputes with several neighbours over claims in the South China Sea.

    The Philippines, which has accused China of building an airstrip on a disputed reef, recently hosted President Barack Obama, who pledged "ironclad" support for the US ally.

    Mr Obama also made stops in Malaysia, South Korea and Japan on his tour last month.

    Speaking at the Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia (Cica) on Wednesday, Mr Xi said: "Strengthening military alliances with a third party does not benefit the maintenance of regional security."

    "Matters in Asia ultimately must be taken care of by Asians, Asia's problems ultimately must be resolved by Asians, and Asia's security ultimately must be protected by Asians," he said.

    Read more: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-27498266
    Let's just look at the breakdown of where the chips fall.

    Pro-US
    Afghanistan
    ASEAN
    Bangladesh
    Bhutan
    Brunei
    Cambodia
    East Timor
    India
    Indonesia
    Japan
    Korea (ROK)
    Malaysia
    Maldives
    Pakistan (also somewhat pro-China)
    Philippines
    Singapore
    Taiwan
    Thailand
    Tibet (in exile)
    Vietnam

    Pro-China
    Myanmar
    North Korea


    It looks like Asia has decided.

  2. #2
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,849
    Pakistan and Afghanistan are pro-USA? LOL, just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  3. #3
    Splitting them between "pro" and "against" without any middle ground is silly.

    Age hasn't slowed you down one bit.

  4. #4
    Titan Nixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ooo es eh
    Posts
    12,661
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Pakistan and Afghanistan are pro-USA? LOL, just no.
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk willtron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    they just need democracy and to be freedomed
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    "Hey Middle East guess what I got for your birthday!"
    "What?"
    "Democracy!"
    "Wow, thanks!"

  7. #7
    Brewmaster Darkis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Behind cover
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    Let's just look at the breakdown of where the chips fall.

    Pro-US
    Afghanistan
    ASEAN
    Bangladesh
    Bhutan
    Brunei
    Cambodia
    East Timor
    India
    Indonesia
    Japan
    Korea (ROK)
    Malaysia
    Maldives
    Pakistan (also somewhat pro-China)
    Philippines
    Singapore
    Taiwan
    Thailand
    Tibet (in exile)
    Vietnam

    Pro-China
    Myanmar
    North Korea


    It looks like Asia has decided.
    How the hell did you come up with that list?
    AFK: Attack, fight, kill! Healer is bored with spamming hots.
    WTF: Way to fight! Healer loves you for pulling three trash packs.
    OOM: Out Of Mobs! Healer needs a challenge.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    How the hell did you come up with that list?
    Logic™
    /10char

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    How the hell did you come up with that list?
    The same way anyone comes with such a list, compiling facts, trade agreements, defense treaties, governmental sentiments, etc.

    Try educating yourself: https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...orld-factbook/

  10. #10
    Banned Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    6,565
    where's the biased poll?

    you disappoint me.

  11. #11
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,645
    How about tell China to get out of Asia first!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  12. #12
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    China is right. Asia is Asia, it's not the US.

    And the list makes no sense at all.
    I like my neighbours a lot, I still don't want them to put soldiers in my bedroom and store nukes in my basement.

    I will just ignore that you named Pakistan, Tibet and Afghanistan as pro-US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Ooh, I doubt you'll dare to be anti-US when there are military bases in and around your country
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    How the hell did you come up with that list?
    Narcotics.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  13. #13
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    The same way anyone comes with such a list, compiling facts, trade agreements, defense treaties, governmental sentiments, etc.

    Try educating yourself: https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...orld-factbook/
    No Nakura, it is you that needs to educate yourself if you think Afghanistan and Pakistan are friendly to the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  14. #14
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,539
    I say we annex China, make it the 51st state and rename it Panda Express

    'Murica and salty orange chicken.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  15. #15
    Needs a terrible poll.

    Do you think China is right?
    A) No!
    B) I eat puppies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    No Nakura, it is you that needs to educate yourself if you think Afghanistan and Pakistan are friendly to the USA.
    Afghanistan is a bit more of a toss up. Pakistan is officially "pro-US," but they've long been using us to help them counter-balance India. The US is moving towards a more pro-India foreign policy though.

  17. #17
    Titan Nixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ooo es eh
    Posts
    12,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh, I doubt you'll dare to be anti-US when there are military bases in and around your country
    We have the most US military bases in the world in our country and plenty of people dare to be anti-US.

  18. #18
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    We have the most US military bases in the world in our country and plenty of people dare to be anti-US.
    Now you've done it.
    Next thread by Nakura: "ooo es eh" vs US; who would win in an all-out war?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  19. #19
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    Afghanistan is a bit more of a toss up. Pakistan is officially "pro-US," but they've long been using us to help them counter-balance India. The US is moving towards a more pro-India foreign policy though.
    So make a 3rd list and put them as neutral, to say they are pro-US just because they are not pro-China is daft. It is like asking people their race and only listing Black and White.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  20. #20
    Brewmaster Darkis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Behind cover
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Now you've done it.
    Next thread by Nakura: "ooo es eh" vs US; who would win in an all-out war?
    Rofl, that made my day =)
    AFK: Attack, fight, kill! Healer is bored with spamming hots.
    WTF: Way to fight! Healer loves you for pulling three trash packs.
    OOM: Out Of Mobs! Healer needs a challenge.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •