Thread: Warframe

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Warframe

Hi all . like a lot of you i get bore on waiting for WOD so i check the net for some games to make the waiting a little more pleasent.
    many seems to be real fun but one caught my attention more than the others , i was on the first test of warframe i thought the game was good but not that good , about 6 months ago i come back to warframe and oh boy was a complete different game and a fun one too.

https://warframe.com/

Maybe some of you remember a game that kinda slipped under the radar back in 2009 called " DARK SECTOR " .
    well WARFRAME is the sequel to that game , so the lore or history really plays an important roll here .

Today we have a very nice f2p game with a very pleasent community and very dedicated team of devs and one thing that really think is important
    is that DE ( Digital extremes ) devs really heard the community and work with em to expand the game and its mechanics or systems , along with making fan made content into the actual game .

give a try and see for your self GL .

Been playing Warframe on and off since beta, coming back every now and then when the updates come. I wish they would implement the long awaited infinite dungeon or expand upon more PvP though.

10+ Year Old Account
    update 14 is this week, and its big deff looking foward to it , lots of cool new stuff and UI improvements and more

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy co-op shooters but Warframe never held my attention for long. I'd get into a game and be paired up with people that are way too experienced and 'outfitted' for the instance and they'd blow through the whole thing. 90% of my time was spent just running to the end of the level and trying to keep up. If I was lucky I'd get a couple shots off.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont espect too much PVP on Warframe its not a game about PVP its a coop online game but .
    update 14 will bring a new type of game mode in which PVP is a must as well as PVE
    you should deff play it to see if it is for you .

I love warframe... so much.

Very few MMOFPS have grabbed me as much as that game, other than Firefall.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    HBpapa at first it can be like that but the more stuff you get things get real fun maybe your first frame wasnt the ideal but you can get em all theres 19 different frames , each with its own set of skills and customizations options and very different gameplay , and theres a new frame comming up this week on update 14 should give it a try .

Lv 70+ T4 survival/defense/interceptions are AMAZINGLY fun.

I have like 150 hours played, but I gave up on it because they refused to actually put in content that is a challenge once you level up your gear. So I had all this maxed out stuff and if I ever actually use it, it trivialized the game... leaving the other option of just continuously maxing out new frames and weapons by farming the exact same stuff over and over.

Apparently the point is just to trivially slaughter stuff... Oh wait, I guess there is endless defense where if you waste like 30 minutes on the lower waves (each time!) they get high enough to not instantly die... but there is no reward for doing that so unless you have a premade group, some one is guaranteed to leave after 15-20 waves.

I also got kinda tired of the massive power creep when they added new weapons / frames. I do think it can be a fun time sink, but its lack of any real depth in the gameplay department keeps it from truly being a good game.

Its fun in short bursts i come back every few months play like 20-30 hours then go back to my old games because the game is really just grind out weapons over and over again.

Deleted
    I love it, but wish there was more end-game than tier 1/2/3 and derelict surv/defense. If it had real PvE dungeons with actually difficult bosses, it'd be awesome. You can do only so many 50+ wave ODD's before falling asleep.

Yeah, corrupted vor is only lv 50. Need more of that sort of stuff.

Like, lv 70 vlad/zanuka lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I love warframe... so much.

Very few MMOFPS have grabbed me as much as that game, other than Firefall.
    warframe isnt an mmo
    "it's being bound to work or study that allows us to live like people." Illya

Deleted
    Tried when it came out; it is really fun. I just hope they have made an effort in making a tutorial to actually understand the crafting system and how missions work

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    warframe isnt an mmo
    :P

Not really in the mood to argue whether or not lobby based MMOs like Vindictus, Waframe, and Starconflict are MMOs.

It just comes down to semantic and which definition you subscribe to.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2014-07-13 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Tried when it came out; it is really fun. I just hope they have made an effort in making a tutorial to actually understand the crafting system and how missions work
    check this week for update 14 , tutorials and starter gameplay are revamped

- - - Updated - - -

not to mention that crafting and and missions have been explain and made easier atm
    check it out

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    :P

Not really in the mood to argue whether or not lobby based MMOs like Vindictus, Waframe, and Starconflict are MMOs.

It just comes down to semantic and which definition you subscribe to.
    Off topic for a moment...but what is a lobby based MMO?

Not asking to be a jerk...just would like to know. Is it persistent stats + crafting + ???

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it awhile ago but the game felt really clunky and extremely repetitive. I don't mind the repetitiveness as much, but the movement felt really clunky IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    I tried it awhile ago but the game felt really clunky and extremely repetitive. I don't mind the repetitiveness as much, but the movement felt really clunky IMO.
    It starts out that way.

About 20 hours in you develop a 'flow' where wall running, sliding, kicking, ect all becomes second nature.

The 'clunkiness' is due to the complexity of the controls which gets ironed out with experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Off topic for a moment...but what is a lobby based MMO?

Not asking to be a jerk...just would like to know. Is it persistent stats + crafting + ???
    A lobby based MMO is an massively multiplayer online game which, typically, lacks or has a minimalistic open world.
    Sessions are usually hosted through the players.

The 'persistent' world is usually some sort of construct like you see in Starconflicts galaxy map rather than, say, eastern kingdoms.

Some people feel that because it isn't like warcraft, it must not be an MMO.