Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Techies, Y U Take so long?

Where is he? Taking so damn long. No recent hero updates in the past 5 months or so.
    Is valve going FU playerbase, we got our money? How can one justify keeping out one of the most played chars for so long.

Deleted
    Because you didn't pay enough last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Techies will be cancer on release, everyone will be playing them, and everyone will suck at it, making it 4v5 game
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Techies will be cancer on release, everyone will be playing them, and everyone will suck at it, making it 4v5 game
    Isn't it cancer with any hero?

That's new.

And yes, I want Techies. Or at least a new hero soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    Isn't it cancer with any hero?

That's new.

And yes, I want Techies. Or at least a new hero soon.
    People being fed because Techies player have seen chicken train bait into mines is not fun. At all.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

My theory is (and I really hope I'm right) is that techies isn't going to be released until he sees a serious rework, or he won't be released in Dota 2 at all. Hero is a bigger failure than Easy Mode.

The hype train keeps getting speed from all the people who have a handful of fond memories from DotA, but I can promise to you now that if Techies were released today it would take a few weeks at most for a massive anti-Techies movement to build up and beg Valve to remove Techies from ranked, CM, CD, Allpick and literally every mode people actually play.

It's kind of like Meepo - his release was preceded by a massive amount of hype in the community, but it just died out completely a few short days after the release. By that time pretty much everyone who wanted to try it had had a go at it and realized they sucked or it would actually take practice to be good at, and soon Meepo was one of the least picked heroes in the game as only those few who ever bothered to learn him would play him. Techies is going to be like how Meepo would be if he was really really popular, and every other game you played there would be a really bad Meepo player in either team.

there are multiple reasons why new heroes are scarce

there is no need to get a larger hero pool like pre ti2 anymore, so they allocate people to do other stuff

new heroes need to be able to be put inside the workshop at shipping, and probably shipped with an arcana at this point

they do hero lines in batches

more heroes already in the game means more interactions which means way more testing is needed now before a hero is launched than pre ti2 (just look at how many bug fix patches came after 6.81)

etc

also i might stop playing -ap in pubs once they add techies

what a god damn cancer hero

Deleted
    I look forward to the techies, easiest hero in the game to counter - free win if they are on the other team

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    easiest hero in the game to counter
    Techies isn't hard countered by any item in the game. Sentries only help so much and are useless in many narrow tree juke passages, so you can never really chase him. Anyone with a moderately early gem is getting force staff suicided. Melee tower push becomes a nightmare. You can't really ever relax knowing there's a techies wandering around. 6 second AoE stuns are horrible if you let even 1 of them get off. He's the 4v4 maker, and usually, you're losing someone way more valuable.

People who think "Sentry at secret shop and gg" haven't played a decent techies.

Personally I'm going to try and combine a lot of dark seer vaccuum / batrider lassos with some techies play if valve is ever stupid enough to release this hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Techies isn't hard countered by any item in the game. Sentries only help so much and are useless in many narrow tree juke passages, so you can never really chase him. Anyone with a moderately early gem is getting force staff suicided. Melee tower push becomes a nightmare. You can't really ever relax knowing there's a techies wandering around. 6 second AoE stuns are horrible if you let even 1 of them get off. He's the 4v4 maker, and usually, you're losing someone way more valuable.

People who think "Sentry at secret shop and gg" haven't played a decent techies.

Personally I'm going to try and combine a lot of dark seer vaccuum / batrider lassos with some techies play if valve is ever stupid enough to release this hero.
    "Melee tower push", haha, i've seen Techies who blasted his own turret with mines. Fucking scrubs.

But, i will enjoy playing Techies again, because, well, if you play Techies, you don't really care if you lose or win. Actually, if you are loosing, you will get even more fun from chain stunning enemies under tower and, well, overall defending base. But your team will hate you. And playing in a two man stack (aka, tini-mid-friend-leveling-toss-first-tossing-creep-at-enemy-then-tossing-Techies-with-auto-cast-suicide-to-get-easy-first-blood)

Also, i remember when Techies were really broken (aka, stun trap didn't removed nearby stun traps, so you could chain them and have ~18 second stun at enemy)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-05-23 at 01:30 AM.

Deleted
    I don't play Dota 2, but from what I learned over 3k+ DotA Allstars games, I fully support if Valve doesn't release Techies at all, or give them a huge remake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post

Techies are hard countered by gem and obs wards so hard, its not even funny.

Same shit as riki, people at lower MMR moan he is op - no, just buy a gem and keep the map warded = riki useless.

Techies after TI4

"Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Techies after TI4

Damn, beat me too it.

Guess I was wrong. Well, luckily I'll have other games to explore in that period of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Guess I was wrong. Well, luckily I'll have other games to explore in that period of time.
    They still may give him a big overhaul, can't see him getting into Dota 2 in his current state.

Deleted
    wow, lots of butthurt people here apparently who never played with or against techies that now how to build him Oo

just get a fucking euls and bkb and you are set for ez teamfights. Obviously the competitive viability is highly doubtful, but so what? meepo also sees barely any play, as well as other heroes such as lina or whatever.

Techies is a hero that completely changes the flow of the game, and thats exactly the reason he needs to be ingame. We dont need stupid practices as in LoL where we only get heroes which are similar variations of the same shitty concept over and over.

edit: remembering how long its been since i last played dota1 and techies, it might also be that i do not understand how broken techies is i last really played dota when we went from the old, slow loading version to 5.84c and then a bit around 6.3 and 6.4, so it might be i missed some changes :O
    Last edited by mmoc4b8d679785; 2014-05-23 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Techies are hard countered by gem and obs wards so hard, its not even funny.
    Maybe in Low - No req ELO that may be true. A good techies will manipulate fog of war high ground on any aspect of the map that he can and operate easily outside range of the 2 observer wards that your team is going to need to have near frequently contested points of the map. There are so many heroes that can force team fights and when you have to go running in to save a teammate, a wall of explosives may as well be an ES fissure.

Understand that I'm not saying he's OP. He's obviously not the best hero in the game, but I think it's unfortunate when people call heroes "easy to counter" when they haven't played anyone of decent ELO. You're missing out, because he's really interesting when used correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I have no experience playing online games in DotA 1, I have a feeling he'll overtake Pudge for most played hero after the 'dust of newly released hero' settles.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    While I have no experience playing online games in DotA 1, I have a feeling he'll overtake Pudge for most played hero after the 'dust of newly released hero' settles.
    He's got so many different little tricks that are so annoying.

You can have 3 mines in almost any spot on your half of the map before the game starts. Result = Instant 1shot OR keeps people out of spots you don't want them in.

His mines are permanent and also act as spawn blockers for jungle camps AND trees grow back over the mines. Tango down a tree, place a mine, repeat, now if the enemy team doesn't buy sents before the trees grow back, They either suffer an empty jungle OR they now have to tango/quel their way through your jungle like idiots to find the mines.

Won't even get started about how nasty force staff can be with this hero. Hopefully the enemy team is facing the "right" direction the entire game..

But the main reason people will be playing him is so they can say "BOOM" in all chat after someone runs over a stack of 4 mines when trying to buy claws of attack at the side shop.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2014-05-23 at 01:23 PM.