In your opinion, why was Mop a big let down of an expansion? What did they do wrong in Mop compared to their other expansions so far? What could they have done better?
For me it was:
- Lack of interesting raids
- Lack of creative raid mechanics
- Asian style theme not fitting for the WoW universe
- Major emphasis on panda bears
- Terrible, complicated gearing system / ilvl system
- Instant gratification gear catch up system
- 9 months of SoO and counting...
- The illusion of a ton of things to do, when in reality it was still a "sit in town and que up expansion"
This is just scratching the surface, I didn't even mention how much of a pain it was to level from 85-90 in the new continent.
If they did some things differently, like not focus an entire expansion on pandas, and actually created legitimate reasons for the heroes of Azeroth to go into the raids and defeat the enemies, my interest would have been captured much more than it was.
The theme of WoD is already by far the best change they could make for the game. Get players out of the asian style panda land and back into WoW history and real lore.
What made this the worst expansion yet for you, and what are you looking forward to in WoD?