Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BGDominate View Post
    The fact that for more than half of the expac we had no clear goal is what killed it for me following along with the immersion.
    There was a clear goals for us to be there/to do there. It wasn't just your everyday "there's big baddie in the end", not from the getgo which obviously confused the people who rely their story/character building on simple clichéd good vs evil and all united vs one themes
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is a troll thread but honestly some of the replies are just as shocking. When people say they believed the expansion had lack of creative mechanics or they found the raids boring a majority probably haven't attempted most of the bosses on hard mode which is a whole different ball game in terms of challenging yourself. I'd also like to say the same for CM gold. People seem to avoid the harder aspects of the game and then go on to say it's shit. For those who have cleared the game to it's entirety and still dislike it then I actually take your opinion to heart.

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its biggest problem is the drought it's currently in. The other end-of-expansion lulls sucked too, but this was before we were told this was going to change and new content would be churned out much faster. This... isn't really what I was expecting.

The expansion itself was fine though. I didn't really care for Pandaria's premise, but it grew on me. 5.1 and 5.2 were both solid patches and I enjoyed (admittedly casual) raiding and PVP throughout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxshev92 View Post
    I really dont like MoP for not fighting old god
    We came so close, and yet...

Eh, it wasn't too bad. It could have been better for sure. The monk class saved me from my burned out period, so I'm thankful for that. The game was bright and even though the lands were connected again, it felt further apart compared to Cataclysm.

It was a better expansion than I thought it would be when it was announced. It kept me subbed and interested far longer than Cata did. From a game mechanics perspective it did a lot of things very well (or began ideas that will be tweaked and presented in superior fashion later), even if the stories and environments weren't everyone's cup of tea.

Asian style theme not fitting for the WoW universe
    Major emphasis on panda bears
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Drove me to cancel my account for the 1st time since a year into Vanilla.

Hope to be back for WOD maybe.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Deleted
    I only played MoP during SoO, now that's done I'm unsubbed again waiting for WoD. From my relatively short time playing this current expansion I can say I have enjoyed it, but also that I'm quite happy to have missed the majority of it. For me the asian theme is fun but I'm not really into it enough for it to warrant a whole expansion based around it.

-Glad to have missed most of it (friends and other players have whined about things early in MoP)
    -Glad to have caught the tail end of it (SoO is right up there with Black Temple, Ulduar and ICC for me)
    -Glad to know that next time I play it won't be in Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Have to disagree on most of your points.

9+months of SoO is tedious...but I'd rather have that then them rush out WoD.
    Can you hear your self? a big company like BLIZZARD should NOT allow things like this happen. stop being so damn fanboy...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Honestly, other than a few things (initial difficulty of T14 breaking up a lot of guilds that did well in DS thereby showing they learned nothing from T11 which was the same thing coming from ICC, SOO for so long and overall not being an exciting raid, 4x difficulties at the end causing major burnout) I thought MoP was pretty good. It started off great; I loved the Asian style, but they didn't capitalize on it.
    Those few things are big mistakes though. As you mentioned, T11 was a huge mistake and they've acknowledged that. T14 was not much different. SoO not being exciting is a bit subjective, but overall I agree. Few interesting bosses that are hard, the difficulty has a huge spike for guilds at every level and too many "here, have some adds" fights.
    4x difficulties is a good thing, not a bad thing. I highly doubt heroic raiders raid on all difficulties aside from helping friends/guildies and alts. Either it's heroic+flex for heirlooms or normal+flex. Not as bad as ToC days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

For me, MoP mostly sucked because the guild I was in and the group of players I played with pretty much broke up thanks to shit called real life (fuck real life seriously).

That aside, it was pretty boring too; sure Panda land was fun going through once, but a lot of them are annoying buggers like that idiot Lorewalker Cho. There was no compelling reason for almost any of the raids besides Org; I mean seriously I didn't bother with 90% of the quests in jade forest and thus had no clue or didn't give a fuck about the perceived threat of the whole thunder king crap in ToT. Considering we fought beings that could have ended the world as we know it, it's laughable some long dead mogu emperor just reawakened with no clue of modern tech or magic could be such a threat. The mantid just wanted to swarm a bit soon, why not let them take out the annoying pandas and other baddies, then kill them? The whole idea that the mantid willingly listened to the old god's heart, but not any of his essence (sha) was pretty stupid too. Could go on, but it's late, late night rant is late night rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    If TBC had LFR for it's raids we'd have thought all that content was shit as well.
    that is literally a people (player) problem, not a game (design) issue. It is the lack of self control and ability to only play the content that is enjoyable for the individual (including to tell guilds that tell you differently to fuck off so you can enjoy the game). The only person to blame if you have LFR burnout, is yourself. Just don't do it. Same goes with dungeons, dailies, timeless isle, pet battles, and anything else in the game.

What has changed the most is the requirements for shit guilds who think they are better than they are, making work like schedules and overly restrictive requirements, when the core aren't good enough to do what they seek (officers aren't heroic quality raiders, blame everyone else; expect 20+ hour/week commitment to wipe on a mid raid boss week after week); and those ridiculous requirements trickling down into the PuG scene.

The idea that you have to do every difficulty available to you is a social stigma, not one forced on you by WoW. The idea that you had to do every daily,every day was a community issue, not an actual requirement. It is the obsessive compulsiveness that has seeped into parts of the community that it really isn't an advantage to that is the problem. If you aren't going for world/server firsts; most groups could focus on execution and teamwork and get much, much further in their raid nights than a piece of gear here and there could ever give them.

I see this today with people still trying to progress. You have raid groups mostly heroic SoO geared struggling at say, H Thok ... when the world first guilds were clearing it in mostly H ToT gear. The problem is skill/execution/teamwork/strats; the gear is a crutch and it cannot replace a tank using cds intelligently or calling out when they need an external one; it doesn't fix people ignoring mechanics and their subsequent death/wipes.

Mists was not a bad xpac. What people feel is a disagreement with the design direction of the game as a whole. WoD will not be a bad xpac, as far as I can tell, overall ... but for me? the xpac will be shit. Reduced CCs, reduced mobility, no flying at max level for exploration, class changes and ability pruning, leaving in the previous changes I've never agreed with such as role homogenization and some major restrictions. But, if those don't bother you, then WoD brings a lot of QoL stuff and other new things to the table.

To be completely honest, if I never played another MMO, I'd probably not judge so harshly. But I have, and I know other games I have more fun with, that don't suffer from some of the same issues. I also can see many things WoW has tried to adapt or copy, in their own way, and I still see it as a not as good copy and prefer the original implementations in the other games far better. I don't see a problem with them trying, nor do I see their efforts worthless; but it is better to have the ferrari and not the fiero with a body kit ... for me, now, WoW has become the fiero with a body kit; and I understand and respect many still feel the opposite.

Even Cata wasn't a terrible xpac; they just tried to be as lazy as possible and it bit them in the ass. T11 was GREAT. T12 should've been bigger/had a companion raid. T13 should've been bigger and a few more unique assets in the additional fights that could've been would've changed the whole feel of the end of the xpac. More 5s, better effort at rebuilding the world (and phasing it so it was all max level content instead of destroying the timeline/lore for new players) ... so much could've been done a bit differently for a completely different impression.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    I really didn't like MoP for many reasons:
    1-Pandas as playable race: fuck that
    2-The whole Panda lore (sha of fear and sha of pride and what not; fuck that give me bad ass big monster with a lore so I can kill it).
    3-The Heroics: Disgusting.
    4-The Dailies: Disgusting.
    5-The Legendaries: Disgusting.
    6-WTF happened to my hunter??
    7-Did I mention the fat fluffy Pandas that are not even bound to a faction? How about not making them playable?
    8-Monks: Nope, didn't like them.

Overall; I think I might not play wow again because of MoP.
    Good and don't come back. I think the game and community might be better off without people who feel this negatively about a game.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepra View Post
    Can you hear your self? a big company like BLIZZARD should NOT allow things like this happen. stop being so damn fanboy...
    People who use the term fanboy should have their argument automatically dismissed, the term is dismissive in itself and it basically classifies anyone who doesn't agree with you as someone who is wrong in their opinions.
    Last edited by Anevers; 2014-06-10 at 07:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Stupid rarely sees stupid.

funny, yesterday i was watching kungfu panda and it once again made me realize how fantastic an expansion mop was.
    I shouldnt forget to mention that my sub expired 2 months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought (organized) raiding was fantastic in MoP. ToT and SoO are both great raids.

The things that weren't so great:
    - Scenarios in general.
    - The decline of 5man content.
    - The entire JP/VP currency system.
    - lolPvP, but that's true of every expansion after BC.
    - LFRs role as the catch-up mechanism instead of 5mans and JP/VP.
    - 5.0 Dailies.

Deleted
    Raiding in MoP was amazing, not a single bad tier.

I love Challenge Modes, Brawlers Guild and Proving Grounds.

So no MoP was a very very good expansion.

Am I now desperate for an expansion? Sure ofc I am!

But I know how to hit the unsub button.

Deleted
    I like it...not much more to say than that

Gameplay wise it was good. Story wise it was bad. Pandas, tentacle monsters and stupid Garrosh .... awkward.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I really liked MoP

I even have reasons:
    I absolutely love the idea of reintroducing world bosses; even when gear became irrelevant, they still drop 4 of the rarest mounts, which really don't look that bad either. I'm definitely enjoying that aspect of the game.

Second reason are the Challenge Modes. Nothing to really add here, it's brilliant. Well maybe it could be changed that all who got Challenge Conqueror could've kept the title, it'd be apt.

The raids themselves were ok, I really thought they brought in some nice and fresh mechanics. I must admit, I really hate the Immerseus encounter, but it's something new at least.
    Siegecrafter: I REALLY disliked that boss when I began raiding, because I somehow ended up dying everytime in the end; but when I actually got to understand the mechanics, it turned out into one of my most favorite bosses.

With that being said; pre-MoP I was really excited for Pet Battling, but I didn't do almost any of it. I was somewhat of a rare pet collector before, and this somehow defeated the purpose of pets. It meant much more to me, when I finally got that drop from I don't know where.

I started raiding pretty regularly, at least SoO, so in the end, I think this is really one of my most fav. expos, if not the number 1.