Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    was a hell of a lot better than cataclysm I can tell you that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In your opinion, why was Mop a big let down of an expansion? What did they do wrong in Mop compared to their other expansions so far? What could they have done better?

For me it was:

• Lack of interesting raids
    • Lack of creative raid mechanics
    • Asian style theme not fitting for the WoW universe
    • Major emphasis on panda bears
    • Terrible, complicated gearing system / ilvl system
    • Instant gratification gear catch up system
    • 9 months of SoO and counting...
    • The illusion of a ton of things to do, when in reality it was still a "sit in town and que up expansion"

This is just scratching the surface, I didn't even mention how much of a pain it was to level from 85-90 in the new continent.

If they did some things differently, like not focus an entire expansion on pandas, and actually created legitimate reasons for the heroes of Azeroth to go into the raids and defeat the enemies, my interest would have been captured much more than it was.

The theme of WoD is already by far the best change they could make for the game. Get players out of the asian style panda land and back into WoW history and real lore.

What made this the worst expansion yet for you, and what are you looking forward to in WoD?
    Why? What makes it less valid then any other lore? A planet as large and diverse as Azeroth would not have a large monolithic western culture system. I actually consider it a point against WoW that the various cultures on offer are not more diverse.

You might not personally enjoy "asian" themes and lore but to call it not fitting to the WoW universe is just... silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, aspects of the expansion has, like PvP and such, but as far as the raid end game and leveling experience, we might as well flush this expansion down the toilet unfortunately.
    Do you have some type of sick thrill/ attention seeking syndrome that causes you to constantly create threads like this?...

Lack of interesting raids
    Lack of creative raid mechanics

Lolok mejt. MoP probably had some of the best raid boss mechanics in years. Don't compare LFR to real raiding tyvm.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a dungeon-lover and raid-hater this expansion sucked.

Deleted
    In your opinion, why was Mop a big let down of an expansion? What did they do wrong in Mop compared to their other expansions so far? What could they have done better?

For me it was:

• The illusion of a ton of things to do, when in reality it was still a "sit in town and que up expansion"

This is just scratching the surface, I didn't even mention how much of a pain it was to level from 85-90 in the new continent.

If they did some things differently, like not focus an entire expansion on pandas, and actually created legitimate reasons for the heroes of Azeroth to go into the raids and defeat the enemies, my interest would have been captured much more than it was.

The theme of WoD is already by far the best change they could make for the game. Get players out of the asian style panda land and back into WoW history and real lore.

What made this the worst expansion yet for you, and what are you looking forward to in WoD?
    This is well known now, just look at the stats.

I and many others liked it though because it meant we could quit and not miss the game in the slightest.

Guys, let's not give up on MoP yet. Still got half a year, could still surprise you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Why? What makes it less valid then any other lore? A planet as large and diverse as Azeroth would not have a large monolithic western culture system. I actually consider it a point against WoW that the various cultures on offer are not more diverse.

You might not personally enjoy "asian" themes and lore but to call it not fitting to the WoW universe is just... silly.
    Never in the history of Warcraft have there been asian styled themes. It has always been medieval, gritty, alien worlds... the asian theme was created out of thin air because of a April fools joke from the Warcraft 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    was a hell of a lot better than cataclysm I can tell you that

I would've worded it exactly like this.

For me it was:

Opinions are subjective.

I've played since Early Vanilla and MoP is my 2nd favourite expansion. It was a very very good expansion.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Never in the history of Warcraft have there been asian styled themes. It has always been medieval, gritty, alien worlds... the asian theme was created out of thin air because of a April fools joke from the Warcraft 3 days.
    The american styled theme in the goblin zones (especially their starting city) is far worse and doesn't fit at all. Draenei/Naaru stuff doesn't really fit either.

Someone needs to walk into Darnasus or Silvermoon...

Deleted
    I'll list some random things I didn't like about this expansion:

Lack of dungeons
    Dungeons too small
    PvP gear was boring
    Pandaria too small, levelling didn't feel like a big adventure.
    Raids were boring, uncompelling imo
    Lack of world pvp incentive
    World bosses failed to deliver epic outdoor experience, except for oondasta when he was released.
    Legendary quest chain too easy.
    Didn't like the overall art theme.

Hate being negative so I'll finish this off with some positive things about the expansion:

AoE loot - best feature by far.
    Pet battles are awesome and collecting them is fun, they're a good way to make money and make it a little easier to transfer gold to another realm.
    Black market is pretty cool.
    Challenge modes look fun but I haven't tried them.
    Scenarios were just OK, not really enjoyable but not bad either, good for casuals (people with limited time that want to play with friends and get a little gear) I guess.
    PvP gear better than PvE gear for PvP.
    CRZ despite the controversy makes the world feel a little bit more alive.

TL;DR - I give MoP a 6/10, somewhat enjoyable expansion, maybe I would have enjoyed it much more if I had a solid guild to play with and the server was balanced 50/50 H:A.

Judging by the replies so far, it would seem that (yet again) there are people on MMO-C with reading comprehension problems.

If I were to take a guess, the OP's question is aimed at people who think MoP wasn't a very good expansion.

People disagreeing with and stating that it was a good expansion are just unnecessarily hijacking this thread. The OP did not posit any questions to people who thought this was a good expansion (or best expansion ever).

Look, i know most of you (not all...just most...relax) haven't played from vanilla to current like Jaylock and I have. If you guys could of just known what it was like to play an enjoyable game like we did back in the day, your opinions would be different. You only know what you have in front of you, thats why you might think that this expac was so great, you have nothing to compare it to. Except for cata, of course. So take it from someone who knows and has gone through truly great expacs before. MOP isn't good or even ok, just accept that and move on.

It's all subjective, there's really nothing else to say in this thread, it's that thin and pointless. I enjoyed it way more than previous expansions personally.

The thing that I really dislike about this expansion is the whole pandaren theme, never got into that Chinese stuff. Its still better then Cataclysm atleast. For the rest lorewise it didn't do much for me, find the playable pandaren and monk race very boring. Definately one of the weaker expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxtab View Post
    Look, i know most of you (not all...just most...relax) haven't played from vanilla to current like Jaylock and I have. If you guys could of just known what it was like to play an enjoyable game like we did back in the day, your opinions would be different. You only know what you have in front of you, thats why you might think that this expac was so great, you have nothing to compare it to. Except for cata, of course. So take it from someone who knows and has gone through truly great expacs before. MOP isn't good or even ok, just accept that and move on.
    too bad vanilla was a pile of garbage that only succeeded because it filled the market with sorely needed casual content and tbc was good for its time however would crumble into oblivion within seconds if it was released now.

Which means...in the history of Warcraft Asian themes did exist=P

And really that is a stupid reason. We would have to cut so many things simply because it didn't exist in prior works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Are you sure about that Jaylock, are you really sure?
    Shush... You'll ruin his fun before its all cut short again for a few weeks.

And my answer, its a great expansion and not a disappointment. So its your loss, Jaylock. It really is.