Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Gilneas alone was better than all of Pandaria.
    I fear you're just plain wrong. But don't worry, that error can happen to all at times
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Why is Jaylock not permabanned yet?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-06-16 at 02:06 PM.

MoP was pretty much the worst expansion so far.

The atmosphere is just pandacartoonland. You go from killing Illidan's forces, the Undead and Twilight cultists/elementals to stopping monkeys stealing fish and rabbits stealing carrots. It was just too cartoony and childish.

It wasn't a good expansion, I'll agree with you. But its better than Cataclysm by far!
    There is no Smoke without a Fire.

I actually really enjoyed MoP. Granted I came in a little late (was unsubbed due to Cata) to MoP, around Patch 5.2 I believe. But I enjoyed the change of scenery, the story of Pandaria and the Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    The atmosphere is just pandacartoonland. You go from killing Illidan's forces, the Undead and Twilight cultists/elementals to stopping monkeys stealing fish and rabbits stealing carrots. It was just too cartoony and childish.
    You don't have to do Valley. It exists for people who enjoy such things. You can always go to Krasarang Wilds instead and deal with Saurok.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I enjoyed Cataclysm more than MoP, that's how bad this expac was for me. FOR ME.
    I bet during Cata you were saying how much you hated it but now in MOP you look back on it slightly differently... While you are saying you hate MOP now you will probably see positives in it when WOD comes.

I liked MOP (apart from terrace of endless springs and SoO being the current content for so long). TOT is 1 of the best raids WOW has ever had in my opinion. I don't see the raid mechanics as being any less creative than previous xpacs either. After 10 years they are bound to be reusing a lot of mechanics but is this really much different to Cata or Wotlk ?

No xpac has added as many features as MOP. From pet battles and brawlers guild to Flex. It offered a lot of things besides just new raid bosses and quests which is what most other xpacs have offered.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-06-16 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    MoP was my least favorite expansion and the worst parts for me were

1. Reputations being only being able to be gotten through dailies, tabards might have been bad but they made 5 mans popular which is think is good
    2. Valor gear tied only to reputations, wrath and cata had a "neutral" valor vendor that sold decent gear
    3. Item level is completely out of control, in WOTLK I was doing 12k on my shadowmourne warrior at the end of the expansion single target, that was double what I could do in full heroic dungeon gear.
    4. 5 man content was stale, poor and never updated
    5. The pvp zone was terrible (more dailies), but the story was pretty cool. Pvp was non existant though.
    6. Timeless isle seems like a lazy excuse for not adding more 5 mans, Isle of thunder was awesome though.
    7. Class homogezination
    8. Lfr was worse than Cata
    Yeah no except you didn't do 6k in dungeon gear

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Wow, the general opinion that TBC was bad is really gaining steam. It was significantly more popular than Cata/MoP, how bad could it have been?
    I can't really judge since I started playing near the end of TBC, but everything I heard/saw about it appeases me.
    Looking at TBC on paper compared to WoW now it LOOKS bad, but players who actually played it tend to enjoy it. I liked Vanilla and BC, and I liked MoP. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You don't have to do Valley. It exists for people who enjoy such things. You can always go to Krasarang Wilds instead and deal with Saurok.
    Sure but it kinda ruins the overall feel. They could have done it like in D3 and added it as a funny secret level. Nothing wrong with that..

this expansion is the worst -> BC nostalgia googles set to max -> last expansion was not as bad as we had thought at that time

Not my opinion but an opinion-macro that can be used for 75% of the vocal crowd. works for every expansion. Guaranteed! Or you'll get your money back.
    Story is a lie, there is only cuteness.
    Through cuteness, I gain lolis.
    Through lolis, I gain waifus.
    Through waifus, I buy merchandise to fund the industry
    The Moe shall free me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    this expansion is the worst -> BC nostalgia googles set to max -> last expansion was not as bad as we had thought at that time

Not my opinion but an opinion-macro that can be used for 75% of the vocal crowd. works for every expansion. Guaranteed! Or you'll get your money back.
    Nah I dont think so.. I dont think many people bring Cata out as the best expansion and most people still say that Trial of the Crusader was a terrible patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Nah I dont think so.. I dont think many people bring Cata out as the best expansion and most people still say that Trial of the Crusader was a terrible patch.
    Nobody said cata was the best expansion, and unless you count the voices of people so pumped up with hallucinogenic drugs that they couldn't tell a gnome from a tauren, noone ever will. But people are already saying that cata wasn't as bad as they had thought.
    Story is a lie, there is only cuteness.
    Through cuteness, I gain lolis.
    Through lolis, I gain waifus.
    Through waifus, I buy merchandise to fund the industry
    The Moe shall free me.

The more this expansion is dragging on without new content... the more I start to dislike this expansion. Which is a real shame because it used to be my 2nd favorite expansion, but now it dropped to the 4th place only behind Cata.

2 in a row now imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    This as well.

ToT was/is the best and only good thing from MoP for me. The first tier and SoO sucked

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    MoP was pretty much the worst expansion so far.
    dont u worry with how current alpha builds look like WoD will beat all previous expansions in how bad it is while in ptr stage - it doesnt even has to ho live to be much much much worse then mop or cata

MOP is my second favorite expansion behind Wrath I think it did a lot more right than most people give it credit for. If I was to change anything it would be presenting the Pandaren differently but even than I dont mind them.

and about the raids Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar are amazing. Not the lifespan but I think Siege should set the standard for what we expect from raids. It had great lore and pretty fun bosses besides norushen

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont u worry with how current alpha builds look like WoD will beat all previous expansions in how bad it is while in ptr stage - it doesnt even has to ho live to be much much much worse then mop or cata
    Looking at the Horde starting zone (I know its alpha blablabla now give me a cookie) it won't have much difficulty to dethrone Cata/MoP from the worst expansion throne