Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Nobody cares about levling, Blizz should save some time.

    Why put so much time and effort into making all these new levling zones to get 90-100 when nobody cares about levling? Everyone is just rushing to max level anyways and then rest is a queue fest from town. Blizzard could save both us and themself alot of time by just not making them.

  2. #2
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,514
    Can you support proof that "nobody cares for levelling". Funnily in another thead, a guy claimed "Blizzard lost 7 million subs because levelling is too easy, it should be hard because it is the window into the game"

    So...you are now a game designer and expert based on anecdotal evidence? I levelled 13 characters and I am not using my boost that comes with WoD because....wait for it....


    I LOVE LEVELLING AND QUESTING!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Saeran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, Uk
    Posts
    690
    I really hate posts where people think that they have the right to think for everybody. Whilst YOU may not like levelling, there is a substantial part of the player base who do not mind levelling as part of the whole gaming experience.

  4. #4
    I guess they should stop designing anything except 5-man dungeons and 10-15-man battlegrounds then, since nothing else is all that popular.

  5. #5
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,241
    Um... I love levelling and questing, not everyone rushes to max level and endgames the rest of their gametime.

  6. #6
    I would like to think that nobody is stupid enough to make a grossly disproportionate all-encapsulating statement like that but thanks for proving me wrong.

    I care about leveling because it provides a suitable vehicle for viewing zones and the storylines they provide whilst also providing a minor buffer to prevent any burnout within the release content patch.

  7. #7
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I guess they should stop designing anything except 5-man dungeons and 10-15-man battlegrounds then, since nothing else is all that popular.
    Apparently pet battles are hugely popular and so is Timeless Isle

    All according to Blizzard ofc and that is the point where people come in and claim that "Blizzard lies"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  8. #8
    I care about leveling thus your opinion on this matter is invalid.

  9. #9
    a lot of people play solo and only level....

  10. #10
    OP: YOU don't care about leveling. Some people do. In fact, some people play this game exclusively to level characters.

    So... yeah, maybe don't make threads about your own pet issues and claim that everyone else agrees?

    edit: And this is coming from someone who does not, in fact, like leveling.

  11. #11
    High Overlord Merador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    100
    I don't care about levling, Blizz should save some time.
    Would be a better thread title.
    I like leveling and think that even at max level there should be more quests (not daily, real questlines). This game has thinned out enough rpg elements already.

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,744
    I love love love when people generalize - Nobody does X Nobody likes X.

    Who are you to know what people like?

  13. #13
    I think someone should make a mmorpg that has no character progression, you all get stuck into a group and completes a raid or a pvp scenario. Like LoL or Dota 2 or Hon.

  14. #14
    Myself and three friends have recently rolled Horde alts on another server with full heirlooms and have been leveling them from scratch, mainly through dungeons, but I can honestly say it's the most fun I've had on WoW in months.
    Don't assume that because YOU don't like leveling, that you speak for everyone.

  15. #15
    Pandaren Monk Issalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Area 52 US
    Posts
    1,947
    Don't generalize the entire game's player population and assume everyone agrees with your point of view. I enjoy leveling, sorry you don't but this is an mmoRPG....leveling is part of the RPG. I can't stand the idea and the mindset that this game is 100% about end game. If that is what you enjoy, fine. But you need to understand that not everyone is like you, and there are people out there that enjoy things that you may not.

    The game has always had leveling, if they took it out this wouldn't be WoW anymore.

  16. #16
    I love leveling in expansions. There goes your entire argument OP.

  17. #17
    After 10 years of questing, I'm sick of it. At least (significantly) nerf the exp requirement -_-

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Why put so much time and effort into making all these new levling zones to get 90-100 when nobody cares about levling? Everyone is just rushing to max level anyways and then rest is a queue fest from town. Blizzard could save both us and themself alot of time by just not making them.
    While your not entirely correct, apparently blizzard thinks skipping 90 levels of leveling is a good thing so I doubt you're very far off base.

  19. #19
    Herald of the Titans Sibut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,717
    I'd agree with you that leveling a set of levels after the first time is just a means to an end and I'd like to see a shortcut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Come to Detroit for the beer and crumbling architecture.

    Stay in Detroit because someone stole your passport.

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral Rivyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hell's out house (Missouri)
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Why put so much time and effort into making all these new levling zones to get 90-100 when nobody cares about levling? Everyone is just rushing to max level anyways and then rest is a queue fest from town. Blizzard could save both us and themself alot of time by just not making them.
    Lets say they remove leveling, all that will happen is that there will be some alternate form of progression that takes its place and then some people will cry about that.

    I don't want to have to earn talent points it takes to long.

    I don't want to have to earn gear it takes to long.

    Eventually, the the instant gratification players will design them self out of a video game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •