Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Mop wasn't a very good expansion...

In your opinion, why was Mop a big let down of an expansion? What did they do wrong in Mop compared to their other expansions so far? What could they have done better?

For me it was:

• Lack of interesting raids
    • Lack of creative raid mechanics
    • Asian style theme not fitting for the WoW universe
    • Major emphasis on panda bears
    • Terrible, complicated gearing system / ilvl system
    • Instant gratification gear catch up system
    • 9 months of SoO and counting...
    • The illusion of a ton of things to do, when in reality it was still a "sit in town and que up expansion"

This is just scratching the surface, I didn't even mention how much of a pain it was to level from 85-90 in the new continent.

If they did some things differently, like not focus an entire expansion on pandas, and actually created legitimate reasons for the heroes of Azeroth to go into the raids and defeat the enemies, my interest would have been captured much more than it was.

The theme of WoD is already by far the best change they could make for the game. Get players out of the asian style panda land and back into WoW history and real lore.

What made this the worst expansion yet for you, and what are you looking forward to in WoD?

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP has grown on me!
    Mop wasn't a very good expansion...
    Are you sure about that Jaylock, are you really sure?

Deleted
    Night Elves do have some asian theme to them (like architecture and stuff) but as Beefy points... maybe you should revise your signature then. Jus' sayin'.

Do you really need to keep making threads like these? I thought you got plenty of responses in your other thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ous-expansions
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In your opinion, why was Mop a big let down of an expansion? What did they do wrong in Mop compared to their other expansions so far? What could they have done better?

For me it was:

• Lack of interesting raids
    • Lack of creative raid mechanics
    • Asian style theme not fitting for the WoW universe
    • Major emphasis on panda bears
    • Terrible, complicated gearing system / ilvl system
    • Instant gratification gear catch up system
    • 9 months of SoO and counting...
    • The illusion of a ton of things to do, when in reality it was still a "sit in town and que up expansion"

This is just scratching the surface, I didn't even mention how much of a pain it was to level from 85-90 in the new continent.

If they did some things differently, like not focus an entire expansion on pandas, and actually created legitimate reasons for the heroes of Azeroth to go into the raids and defeat the enemies, my interest would have been captured much more than it was.

The theme of WoD is already by far the best change they could make for the game. Get players out of the asian style panda land and back into WoW history and real lore.

What made this the worst expansion yet for you, and what are you looking forward to in WoD?
    There were things to do you just didn't enjoy them. That sounds like a personal problem. The threats the horde and alliance created with their fighting would have spread farther then panda land. We also dethroned Garrosh and we have a semi reasonable war chief instead.
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-05-22 at 04:44 PM.

It was OK nothing more. Btw haven't played since Siege of orgrimmar very glad i haven't.

I liked ToT but I'm not really a fan of SoO. The whole Horde rebellion thing is stupid imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Are you sure about that Jaylock, are you really sure?
    Sure, aspects of the expansion has, like PvP and such, but as far as the raid end game and leveling experience, we might as well flush this expansion down the toilet unfortunately.

Have to disagree on most of your points.

9+months of SoO is tedious...but I'd rather have that then them rush out WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

In your opinion, why was Mop a big let down of an expansion?

It wasn't.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion it was a great expansion. It offered tons of choices and I rarely felt like I HAD to do something to keep up, specially for a heroic raider. Tons of stuff to do on alts and in offtime without getting too repetitive.

- - - Updated - - -

but as far as the raid end game and leveling experience, we might as well flush this expansion down the toilet unfortunately.
    What about raid end game is poor? Some of the most challenging bosses we've ever seen? Several difficulty choices for whatever level of player you are? Flex raiding keeping you from having to stick to a preset number of friends?
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

For me it was:

• Lack of interesting raids (they were pretty interesting in my opinion)
    • Lack of creative raid mechanics (I saw quite b it of new stuff)
    • Asian style theme not fitting for the WoW universe (I think it fit fine. Pandaren were introduced in WarCraft)
    • Major emphasis on panda bears (Orcs, Spacegoats in other expansions)
    • Terrible, complicated gearing system / ilvl system (It was complicated?)
    • Instant gratification gear catch up system (My Alts enjoyed it)
    • 9 months of SoO and counting... (I dropped sub in January)
    • The illusion of a ton of things to do, when in reality it was still a "sit in town and que up expansion" (There is a ton of things to do. Some people just don't like to do them all)

This is just scratching the surface, I didn't even mention how much of a pain it was to level from 85-90 in the new continent. (Easiest leveling content by far)

I thought it was one of the better expansions. I will probably give WoD a try depending on how Wildstar works out. Looking forward to seeing some of those old school names pop up. I'm also an Orc junkie so I'll probably nejoy it more than most.

Deleted
    Lack of interesting raids
    All raids in MOP were interesting. Some better than others but all of them were enjoyable.
    Lack of creative raid mechanics
    Some encounters were somewhat based some older boss fights, but it was still fun to play.
    Asian style theme not fitting for the WoW universe
    This is your personal taste. I loved it.
    Major emphasis on panda bears
    Not enough emphasis on panda bears - there were no faction developments and pandaren racial leaders were non-exsistant throughout the expansion.
    Terrible, complicated gearing system / ilvl system
    Not perfect but still good. Based on previous expansions + ilv upgrades.
    Instant gratification gear catch up system
    This was great, but there should be more catch up mechanics to catch up mid-patch.
    9 months of SoO and counting...
    Can't disagree. It seems this patch will last more than 12 months.
    The illusion of a ton of things to do, when in reality it was still a "sit in town and que up expansion"
    Ton of things to do - its not an illusion. If somone restrict themselves only to queue-up content its their fault for getting bored.
    Timeless isle was fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Cataclysm more than MoP, that's how bad this expac was for me. FOR ME.

Deleted
    well there were pandas and fugly asian architecture and oh yeah pandas had this whole pseudo wisdom bullcrap going on and oh yeah there's the fact that they destroyed the Horde ohhh and yeah I almost forgot there were pandas

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing how even with the dead giveaway avatar, thread topic conflicting with signature statement, and post history, people still take the bait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Amazing how even with the dead giveaway avatar, thread topic conflicting with signature statement, and post history, people still take the bait.
    what if I told you some fish like to chew on the bait

haha, raids weren't good? mop has had some of the best raid content ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    what if I told you some fish like to chew on the bait
    That much is obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I don't agree with you on any of these points really.

There aren't any constructive posts that could come from this thread but the mods will somehow let a random WoW bash thread stay open anyway and continue to degrade these forums.