Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    this expansion is the worst -> BC nostalgia googles set to max -> last expansion was not as bad as we had thought at that time

Not my opinion but an opinion-macro that can be used for 75% of the vocal crowd. works for every expansion. Guaranteed! Or you'll get your money back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    this expansion is the worst -> BC nostalgia googles set to max -> last expansion was not as bad as we had thought at that time

Not my opinion but an opinion-macro that can be used for 75% of the vocal crowd. works for every expansion. Guaranteed! Or you'll get your money back.
    Nah I dont think so.. I dont think many people bring Cata out as the best expansion and most people still say that Trial of the Crusader was a terrible patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Nah I dont think so.. I dont think many people bring Cata out as the best expansion and most people still say that Trial of the Crusader was a terrible patch.
    Nobody said cata was the best expansion, and unless you count the voices of people so pumped up with hallucinogenic drugs that they couldn't tell a gnome from a tauren, noone ever will. But people are already saying that cata wasn't as bad as they had thought.

The more this expansion is dragging on without new content... the more I start to dislike this expansion. Which is a real shame because it used to be my 2nd favorite expansion, but now it dropped to the 4th place only behind Cata.

2 in a row now imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    The atmosphere is just pandacartoonland. You go from killing Illidan's forces, the Undead and Twilight cultists/elementals to stopping monkeys stealing fish and rabbits stealing carrots. It was just too cartoony and childish.
    This as well.

ToT was/is the best and only good thing from MoP for me. The first tier and SoO sucked

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    MoP was pretty much the worst expansion so far.
    dont u worry with how current alpha builds look like WoD will beat all previous expansions in how bad it is while in ptr stage - it doesnt even has to ho live to be much much much worse then mop or cata

MOP is my second favorite expansion behind Wrath I think it did a lot more right than most people give it credit for. If I was to change anything it would be presenting the Pandaren differently but even than I dont mind them.

and about the raids Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar are amazing. Not the lifespan but I think Siege should set the standard for what we expect from raids. It had great lore and pretty fun bosses besides norushen

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont u worry with how current alpha builds look like WoD will beat all previous expansions in how bad it is while in ptr stage - it doesnt even has to ho live to be much much much worse then mop or cata
    Looking at the Horde starting zone (I know its alpha blablabla now give me a cookie) it won't have much difficulty to dethrone Cata/MoP from the worst expansion throne

Wrath was number one for me, it's were I started raiding and joined a proper guild and the 'real' game opened up for me. Cata isn't as bad as people are saying, yeah it had it's issues but Firelands and DS were both quality raids with interesting bosses. I've also enjoyed MoP quite a bit but worry about WoD. Only time will tell.

Deleted
    For me MoP has been pretty good. The panda/Asian theme isn't the greatest but I do like the raids and mechanics of the fights though.

One downside I can think of, although I'm not a big PvP'er at all, it just doesn't feel as nice as previous expansions for PvP

MoP had the best raiding, best tanking situation, best DPS situation.

MoP had the worst patch release timings, worst healing situation, worst alt-grind ever.

I'd say it's a solid 2nd (BC > MoP > Wrath > Cata > Vanilla)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coppas View Post
    This is a needed change IMO pallies have been sadly lacking this xpac and now at least they will be able to compete with other healers.
    Kappa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    MoP was one of the best Expansions if you put down nostalgia glasses and try to be objective.
    I'm being objective (lol, cant sorry, its all subjective, you want a dictionary?), and I'd go Wrath>TBC>cata=MoP

Your milage may differ, but plain fact is, its all opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    I'm being objective (lol, cant sorry, its all subjective, you want a dictionary?), and I'd go Wrath>TBC>cata=MoP

Your milage may differ, but plain fact is, its all opinion.
    One more thing to add to this:

TBC Last Tier: 20 raid bosses (completely new and varied environments)

Mop Last Tier: 14 raid bosses (50% rehashed raid environments, Vale of eternal blossoms, first half of orgrimmar, lol they even rehashed from rage fire chasm)

You do the math.

TBC Last Tier: Spread out between 3 raids, two of which were released in one patch, the other released on the final patch. One raid completely rehashed from WC3 with all it's bosses. Other two smaller raids.
    MoP Last Tier: a 14 raid boss that had a siege of a Horde capital. About 25% of it was in the world before the patch.

Now what you should do is compare the last raid of each expansion.
    TBC Last Raid: 6 bosses
    MoP Last Raid: 14 bosses.

You do the math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    TBC Last Tier: Spread out between 3 raids, two of which were released in one patch, the other released on the final patch. One raid completely rehashed from WC3 with all it's bosses. Other two smaller raids.
    MoP Last Tier: a 14 raid boss that had a siege of a Horde capital. About 25% of it was in the world before the patch.

Now what you should do is compare the last raid of each expansion.
    TBC Last Raid: 6 bosses
    MoP Last Raid: 14 bosses.

You do the math.
    Your math skills are terrible, even if you were trying to somehow say that the battle for mount hyjal was somehow not new (which it was)

9 bosses in Black Temple, 6 in Sunwell. That makes 15 even if the 5 in Hyjal were "not new"

The battle for mount hyjal was a completely new raid dungeon. We didn't get to raid in Warcraft 3 now did we? As far as the MMO is concerned it was brand spanking new. Seige of Orgrimmar is not brand spanking new. like i said 50% of it was already there before the decided to put a raid into a horde capital city.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Your math skills are terrible, even if you were trying to somehow say that the battle for mount hyjal was somehow not new (which it was)

9 bosses in Black Temple, 6 in Sunwell. That makes 15 even if the 5 in Hyjal were "not new"

The battle for mount hyjal was a completely new raid dungeon. We didn't get to raid in Warcraft 3 now did we? As far as the MMO is concerned it was brand spanking new. Seige of Orgrimmar is not brand spanking new. like i said 50% of it was already there before the decided to put a raid into a horde capital city.
    More like 30%, as the first part and the third and fourth part either container parts never seem before, or were completely new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    MoP had the best raiding, best tanking situation, best DPS situation.

MoP had the worst patch release timings, worst healing situation, worst alt-grind ever.

I'd say it's a solid 2nd (BC > MoP > Wrath > Cata > Vanilla)
    Care to elaboreret on the patch release timings?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    More like 30%, as the first part and the third and fourth part either container parts never seem before, or were completely new.
    I include the vale of eternal sorrows as part of the rehash. We already saw nourshen, we already saw the areas where the protectors are, we already saw the mine via a scenario, we already saw the room where the sha is chillin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Do you really need to keep making threads like these? I thought you got plenty of responses in your other thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ous-expansions
    This. How can mods not do anything about this already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
    This. How can mods not do anything about this already?
    It would be considered a necro if I were to post in that thread. The mods have already said if its more than a few months old, create a new thread.