Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    He is comparing orcs to pandas, because orcs are based on mongol society. He is comparing titans to pandas, because titans are based on greek and norse mythology. Yes, he is playing with semantics, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    I really don't get what the big hype about TBC is and why every thread about every other expansion derails into how "awesome" it was.
    Obviously because it's true for most people.

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    ToT was released 1 or 2 months too early. it went live 3 months after i killed sha of fear hc (world 21) and that includes the christmas/new year period, so technically 2 months. considering that was a world 21 kill then you can see why ToT was released too early.

likewise, because of ToT being released so early it meant ToT was out for ages - this was because they couldn't release SoO earlier. why? look at the gap between SoO release + new expansion, it's gonna be almost 14~ months. imagine if SoO came out 2 months earlier. would be awful.

basically the patch timings for MoP were really bad. for everyone: for hardcore guilds, for mediocre progression guilds and casuals.
    I thought the patch timing was excellent, and so did all my friends. Huh, Blizzard can't win; either they release patches too fast or too slow...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    If they did a WHOLE Egyptian expansion, I wouldn't like it either. And ya, that zone did not fit either - and most people even said that at the time.
    Mongol is pretty much hand in hand with Asian.
    What is native american? I would say the closest to that is Shaman, and that has been in warcraft forever.

Where is this Greek theme you speak of?
    Tauren are the native American, and the greek theme would be all the Night elf and Naga ruins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    He is comparing orcs to pandas, because orcs are based on mongol society. He is comparing titans to pandas, because titans are based on greek and norse mythology. Yes, he is playing with semantics, move on.

Obviously because it's true for most people.
    Part mongol, part native African tribes really.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I thought the expansion was pretty well, and I enjoyed Cataclsym too up until dragon soul. The only thing I would have changed for Mists was to have two starter zones instead of the jade forest.

I don't think the Asian style itself was the problem. The issue is that Blizzard didn't implement it correctly. They went with the cliche, stereotypical "vision" of Asia which completely undermined any attempt to flesh the Pandaren out as a serious civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I don't think the Asian style itself was the problem. The issue is that Blizzard didn't implement it correctly. They went with the cliche, stereotypical "vision" of Asia which completely undermined any attempt to flesh the Pandaren out as a serious civilization.
    Yes because when I think of WoW the first thought is "wow, super cereal".

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Very true, though the same could probably be said (and likely has been said in this thread) for a lot of WoW's races. I mean, the Tauren and the Trolls are just a couple of shakes away from being racist stereotypes themselves. I think the lesson here is an unsurprising one: Blizzard's writing has a long and celebrated history of being kind of fail.