Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    3 hour clear, skipped terrace room on 25man. Yeah, it's nothing more than a joke now.

DPS checks were already a joke with full team of 25 near-bis geared players, now it feels like raiding previous tier, and it even wont be for a few weeks yet that we actually have full 4/4 upgrades.
    Last edited by Vakna; 2014-05-23 at 07:08 AM.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Still stuck at the "get Tusks of Mannoroth to drop" boss. Didn't change shit.
    It allowed me to use the Coin of Wisdom to successfully coin Immerseus WF trinket. Therefore I bow to our new patch overlords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    We've been raiding together since WotLK, more or less. So I don't think a bit of wiping will make us decide to stop

Yes I don't think the item upgrade was the only reason we finally killed Blackfuse. Mainly mines were just melting even with a ranged dps busy kiting laser and the boss just died really quickly making everything easier.
    3 months on 1 boss is hardly "a bit" :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Just had to quote this back to back
    Funny how that works

Deleted
    Similar story about Siegecrafter Blackfuse 25hc as the rest.

We killed Thok on the previous week after many wipes, but after the patch, he died quite sooner on the first pull with everybody alive, so there's that. Now, onwards to Blackfuse!

Deleted
    We're still working our way up to him, since this week we needed to kill earlier bosses for drops, and our regular roster wasn't around due to personal commitments. So we'll wait and see.

Deleted
    No change here

we killed Thok faster... But thats because we dropped a healer in our 25 man for a dps, But its hard to say. Blackfuse is still giving us issues. best attempt 54% with 70 pulls

We got further on our Garrosh attempts than previously, and the parts of the fights we'd previously mastered went by that much quicker.

We're working on H Thok, and got further than before. But we steamrolled the farm bosses. Spoils in particular was ridiculously easy. We went from barely getting it out first time(think we clicked the lever with like 2 seconds left)to clearing it with ~10s to spare on our second kill. Even Malkorok, we usually kill him during the 2nd Blood Rage, but last night we killed him when he still had one more wave of pools left to spawn.

Welcome to nerfed raiding. I'm torn to be honest. On one hand I hate the fact that we only managed 10/14 before this nerf(that's essentially what has happened, ilvl upgrade = nerfed content), but on the other hand our guild may actually be able to kill H Garrosh now which would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have been done clearing but... our healer finally server transferred halfway through the week to our guild and ended up screwing our lock out --- so we had our Ret pally go heals on Garrosh and we still two shot it (he had never healed it before). So I'm assuming it softened the blow a bit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    We're working on H Thok, and got further than before. But we steamrolled the farm bosses. Spoils in particular was ridiculously easy. We went from barely getting it out first time(think we clicked the lever with like 2 seconds left)to clearing it with ~10s to spare on our second kill. Even Malkorok, we usually kill him during the 2nd Blood Rage, but last night we killed him when he still had one more wave of pools left to spawn.

Welcome to nerfed raiding. I'm torn to be honest. On one hand I hate the fact that we only managed 10/14 before this nerf(that's essentially what has happened, ilvl upgrade = nerfed content), but on the other hand our guild may actually be able to kill H Garrosh now which would be great.
    hey that's the way to look at it. don't mind what other people say --- if that's what it takes, then all the power to you. one person doesn't make a raid team it's a collaborative effort

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    The item upgrades won't get you past "walls". At this point in the game you already tend to overgear heroic bosses before the item upgrade patch, so if you are stuck at one it is a PEBKAC problem. Gear will make it easier yes and will make DPS checks more lenient, but the reason you're stuck has more to do with execution and player skill than ilvl. Either way, it's nice for making farm status easier.
    You are sadly misguided if you think gear doesn't help make "walls" easier. The littlest boost in DPS could get them over a hump that was causing them problems before. A good example would be Paragons and Xaril; the difference between a little bit more DPS could mean only facing one catalyst which could lead to less deaths, etc. The less time you spend in an encounter, the less time you deal with certain mechanics that could be causing problems. Also, more gear leads to more HP, more mana and healing power for the healers, and more...well, more something for tanks. Either way, every group gets something out of improved gear and it very well could be the difference between a boss that is a wall and a boss that is merely difficult.

You can use numbers to simplify it if you want. Think about it this way: let's say the average boss requires this to beat them --

50% gear (this number is if you are max geared how it affects the fight)
    30% execution (maxing out this number assumes absolutely perfect handling of mechanics)
    20% skill (maxing out this number assumes perfect rotations, etc)

You can change this numbers one way or the other for whichever boss suits you. Anytime one value drops, whether because your gear isn't maxed out or your strategy is flawed, the other stats have to jump up to compensate it. If your guild can't reach 100% on a fight, you don't down it. So, if gear is suddenly capable of being upgraded, now you're looking at:

58% gear (the item upgrades were put at roughly an 8% increase in player power)
    26% execution
    16% skill

Just reducing either the execution or skill portion by 1 or 2 % can lead to massive changes in how difficult the fight is. To compare, a guild like Blood Legion could look like:

5% gear
    55% execution
    40% skill
    Last edited by IxilaFA; 2014-05-24 at 12:16 AM.

Deleted
    Plowed through the first 13 heroic bosses in under 3 hours. We haven't even spent a lot of time on Garrosh yet (so just recently killed paragons). Normally we'd expect to wipe a few times on siegecrafter and klaxxi, but this week it just worked fine. Overall the bosses went down faster, skipped one or the other phase on certain bosses.
    Right now I'm expecting Garrosh heroic to die in less pulls than siegecrafter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raid group hasn't raided this week yet. QQ
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

We progressed a little more on H Garrosh, but I think that's more about learning the fight than anything else. We DID skip Terrace Transition a few times, but still working out getting through the Empowered Whirls in Phase 3 with enough DPS to only see 1-2 of them. We are lacking, but the gear improvements can only help.

I find it interesting that everyone (unless i read too fast) that replied to this was 10/14H or better. I know that we have been in this raid tier for an extended time but i wasn't sure if this upgrade change was a catch up for normal teams to try heroic fights, an incentive for returning players to move from lfr/flex, or sadly my team to try not to lose that last bit of motivation to kill the final 4 bosses before cancelling sub.

Quote Originally Posted by suizidel View Post
    I find it interesting that everyone (unless i read too fast) that replied to this was 10/14H or better. I know that we have been in this raid tier for an extended time but i wasn't sure if this upgrade change was a catch up for normal teams to try heroic fights, an incentive for returning players to move from lfr/flex, or sadly my team to try not to lose that last bit of motivation to kill the final 4 bosses before cancelling sub.
    if a raid isn't at 10/14H by now, they havent been trying. These upgrades only really help 14/14H guilds farm faster and mildly give a push to 10/14H and up. it wont really do anything to normal raiders and below.
    Last edited by adezero; 2014-05-25 at 07:03 AM.

Deleted
    Strangly my raid group just went more: HERP A DERP item upgrades!
    Resulting in less good play of my raiders and thus more wipes. When they actually did manage to not stand in shit bosses fell over lot's faster.

Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    if a raid isn't at 10/14H by now, they havent been trying.
    Thanks for that insight. I'll pass it on to the people in my team. I'm sure the rantings of an internet nobody will carry a lot of weight with them.