Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it only me or does the new engineering stuff look amazing?

Items like Neural Silencer or the Aoe Stealth item. Can't wait.

Probably will be banned from pvp

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's an aoe stealth. Looks like it's just personal.

Myself I'm most excited about the battle ress and the item that lets you swap position with another player. That item got so much potential. And let's not forget about the Blingtron fighting other Blingtrons! It's going to be the new Crashin' Trashin' Robot. The coolest item noone wanted to buy.

Swapblaster looks amazing. I really hope it won't get scrapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the wormhole lets me choose my destination again I'm happy.

TBH Engineering is looking utter crap to me

A new jeeves, mail box, army knife and loot a rang... yay! Oh wait i already got all of those already so whats the point updating them? Just so i can hock them to other people why not make the old items BOE?

2 new pets that sound meh and i will prolly have a hard time offloading them.

Only the new bling sounds fun and i bet that will get old real fast and just be like old bling that gives out utter crap.

I know alpha is alpha and im hoping for some more new original crazy shit to come but im not hopeful.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2014-05-26 at 12:44 AM.

The new items that have been engineering only make me really happy. Like the new loot-a-rang; Timeless Isle has made me desperate to have one on my non-engi alts!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brummiehorde View Post
    TBH Engineering is looking utter crap to me

A new jeeves, mail box, army knife and loot a rang... yay! Oh wait i already got all of those already so whats the point updating them?

2 new pets that sound meh and i will prolly have a hard time offloading them.

Only the new bling sounds fun and i bet that will get old real fast and just be like old bling that gives out utter crap.

I know alpha is alpha and im hoping for some more new original crazy shit to come but im not hopeful.
    The reason these items, the new jeeves, box, etc are yay, is they're not bind on pickup. You can get them to your alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboard View Post

The reason these items, the new jeeves, box, etc are yay, is they're not bind on pickup. You can get them to your alts.
    I edited my comment just before you posted where i said why not just make the old items BOE.

Maybe im just hoping for new stuff for me and not old stuff that i already got just so i can hock them in the ah.

Given this past expansion we'll be lucky if we're given the ability to even make a gun beyond heroic level. I don't want to make the old items BOE. Farming titansteel for hours, gems that aren't easily found anymore, just to make another jeeves? Pass. Going back to old content to farm now that they've 'adjusted' spawn rates is a blindingly awful chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    As long as the wormhole lets me choose my destination again I'm happy.
    4 hour cd instead of 15m so it will
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I just hope we can actually make gold out of this expansion..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    Myself I'm most excited about the battle ress
    https://twitter.com/TheCrafticus/sta...88213713358848

Not a combat res unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    4 hour cd instead of 15m so it will
    Oh, good. I much prefer choosing the location myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciante View Post
    Aw, bummer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, well damn. That could have been useful.

so whats the benefit of being the engineer yourself? Seeing a lot of the cool things being made BoE but what will make someone want to be eng themselves instead of just buying the stuff?

7+ Year Old Account
    Gonna have to level another engineer :/ have like 5 or 6 already but it sucks dropping my only JC for it.... on the other hand, LIFE WITHOUT NITRO BOOTS IS JUST NOT WORTH!

Damnit, would of been cool.

Nitro Boosts Permanently attaches overpowered nitro boosts to your belt, allowing you to greatly increase run speed for 5 sec. They rarely explode violently, so don't worry about that. The nitro boosts can only be activated every 3 minutes and require an Engineering skill of at least 400 increase run speed for 8 sec. (1 Min Cooldown) Nitro boosts share a cooldown with potions. Engineering. 5 sec cast.
    Source

When they say potions, do they mean dps pots or health pots (which, iirc, are getting different cooldowns)? Either way, that stinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    Source

When they say potions, do they mean dps pots or health pots (which, iirc, are getting different cooldowns)? Either way, that stinks.
    I think the 1 min CD is great though, for general purposes at least. I don't mind sharing CDs with potions though, it then makes it a choice you make based on how the fight is going. Need the dps? Use a pot. Have an "oh crap!" moment? Use the boosts to help you get out of trouble. I'd say that's a reasonable choice to have. I'm assuming that if dps/health pots do have different CDs this would be tied to the dps pot CD.

Depending on what pot you use will determine the CD of course.

Invis pots have a 10 min CD, so if you use them all other pots and Nitro Boosts go on a 10 min CD.
    Health/Mana/Dps have 1 min CD so all other pots and Nitro Boosts will have a 1 min CD.
    Nitro Boosts has a 3 minute CD so all other pots will have a 3 min CD as well.

Unless Blizzard changes anything in WoD this looks kinda "meh"
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!