Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Am I threatening?
    Yes... Little Timmy would like a word with you...
    OT: Of course everyone has prejudices the important thing is to not act on them.
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I agree to a certain extent. But even though you may have these feelings, i belive you have to overcome them. I've been mugged once for being too trusting, but even so i belive that is no basis to judge an entire community.

Even though people have these feelings it does not make you a racist. Racism occurs when you give in to these feelings and stereotypes.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Anybody who has tattoos is threatening. Usually there is a reason for that too. 99% of convicts have them
    I have a tattoo, but I'm not a criminal. Am I threatening?

Deleted
    Yeah, everyone has prejudices, I will trust a white man wearing an expensive suit over a black teen wearing sports gear, prejudice exists and anyone that denies it is just ignorant

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody who has tattoos is threatening. Usually there is a reason for that too. 99% of convicts have them
    I am sorry that I scare you, but tattoos are very common nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Make sure to look for me. I'll be the naked guy terrorizing a Walmart at gunpoint with a boa constrictor hanging out of my ass.
    You'll have to be more specific.

Deleted
    I have a tattoo, am I a threat to you then?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Oh god I designed the tattoo. Am I threatening?

- - - Updated - - -

We both grew up in the middle of nowhere.
    I think the fear of tattoos is one entrenched with the association of gangs. Be it prison gangs, biker gangs, the big notorious gangs (bloods, crips, latin kings, ms-13). Not saying it's as valid as it used to be but there is a reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Yeah, everyone has prejudices, I will trust a white man wearing an expensive suit over a black teen wearing sports gear, prejudice exists and anyone that denies it is just ignorant
    Just like I'm sure you'd trust a black man wearing an expensive suit over a white teen wearing sports gear.

Tattoos are fine, I think it starts to worry people when you have your entire neck tatted with face tattoos as well...

If he didn't say "in hoodies" no one would say anything but since he said the word hoodie hes a racist because trayvon martin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    I think the fear of tattoos is one entrenched with the association of gangs. Be it prison gangs, biker gangs, the big notorious gangs (bloods, crips, latin kings, ms-13). Not saying it's as valid as it used to be but there is a reason for it.
    I have a friend whos got her daughters birth date etc tattooed on her arm. Is she a threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    I have a friend whos got her daughters birth date etc tattooed on her arm. Is she a threat?
    Only to taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a tattoo, am I a threat to you then?
    He did qualify that females with tattoos were promiscuous. So, in your case it would be whether or not you were sexually promiscuous, rather than physically threatening.

Nope, just someone with a really bad memory that they need to tattoo their child's b-day to remember it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Are people going to get worried when they see someone that looks threatening? Yeah, nothing wrong with that.
    Okay, now you're ignoring biological subconscious reactions that date back as far as humans history. There's nothing wrong with it. It's how you react negatively to it that's the problem. And I'm not talking about just walking on the other side of the street.

Let's not pretend appearance isn't important. If you don't think it is than I suggest you go apply for a meaningful job dressed as a hobo. The same analogy applies to what Mark Cuban is saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Cuban said Is just as bad or worse than what Sterling said. I wonder if he's next on the PC hit list.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    If he didn't say "in hoodies" no one would say anything but since he said the word hoodie hes a racist because trayvon martin.
    The guy knows how to stir controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    Okay, now you're ignoring biological subconscious reactions that date back as far as humans history. There's nothing wrong with it. It's how you react negatively to it that's the problem. And I'm not talking about just walking on the other side of the street.

Let's not pretend appearance isn't important. If you don't think it is than I suggest you go apply for a meaningful job dressed as a hobo. The same analogy applies to what Mark Cuban is saying.
    Wait what? I'm not ignoring anything, I said people get worried when they see someone that looks threatening. Did you quote the wrong person?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    He did qualify that females with tattoos were promiscuous. So, in your case it would be whether or not you were sexually promiscuous, rather than physically threatening.
    Well, I am, by a lot of peoples standards.

Must mean he's right, that tattoos mean women are promiscous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Just like I'm sure you'd trust a black man wearing an expensive suit over a white teen wearing sports gear.

Tattoos are fine, I think it starts to worry people when you have your entire neck tatted with face tattoos as well...
    Exactly, appearances matter, in this country a white man wearing sports gear is either a fitness fan or a chav, chavs all deserve to be beaten.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dekal View Post
    I agree to a certain extent. But even though you may have these feelings, i belive you have to overcome them. I've been mugged once for being too trusting, but even so i belive that is no basis to judge an entire community.

Even though people have these feelings it does not make you a racist. Racism occurs when you give in to these feelings and stereotypes.
    And that's what Mark Cuban said during the interview. Although I really don't even disagree with him and the hoodie comment. I see to many people wearing hoodies on warm nights that it makes me suspicious. All Mark Cuban is doing is erring on the side of caution. Maybe his life experiences have involved black people+hoodies = bad shit going down. To be fair he also made a white example with the tattoos.