Deleted

Help with super bad blood DK dps [hc]

Hello everyone,

I have som problems with the dps on my blood DK. I used to play as a rogue before but one of ours tanks left so i had to fill his spot with my blood dk alt. And I'm having super big problems to get some dps out of him. It's frustrating because I really feel that I'm stuck and could use some pointers.

I have read the "active mitigation..." thread and looked around in different blood dps related threads and it has helped som. But now it feels like i've hit a plateau and cant get any more out of him. I feel that it would be good if i could get some direct pointers on my performance through logs and such.

About my specc. I'm trying around to see if I can get som more dps. Right now I have capped my mastery at 180 % and trying to bump up my dodge and parry to see if I can increase my dps with Riposte. But it just seems as it's all over the place right now.

And it seems MMO-Champion ain't letting me post links since I just registred this user. Sorry for that. I hope its ok if you guys search for my profile and the logs on WOL.

Dödshelmut EU The Maelstrom
    Guild: Homer

And one thing thats probably good to know is that our other tank puts out pretty good dps. And therefor we tend to favor him tanking as much as possible on bosses like Norushen and so on. So my dps gets automatically hurt on bosses where we can really push his tanking. Fallen protectors are a good example where we do the same amount of tanking. There's a log from yesterdays run where we killed him.

Well thats that. Hopefully you guys can help me some. Now lay the harsh truth on me.

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elmut/advanced
    logs: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/290119/

armory: go straight parry, don't bother balancing with dodge. switch to FC runeforge. you forgot to enchant your bracers

from your IJ kill on 4/5:
    why were you out of blood presence? to get to mines faster?

really bad disease uptime. Make sure to refresh your dots before you go and grab mines

you have no blood boil casts and only 1 death and decay, what exactly are you using your crimson scourge procs on?

no soul reaper casts

You should be able to fit in more heart strikes

are you putting up double sets of diseases with DRW and using DRW only while you're tanking? Looks like you could have another DRW cast during the fight.

replace glyph of antimagic shell with regenerative magic. Use it often to get rp for more rune strikes (should be your top damage by a decent margin). you can use it on ignite armor and constantly during siege phase.

no potions used

that's all I can see, someone else can probably help more. You might have fixed some of these since then since it was a few weeks ago but IJ is the only decent single target fight besides Malk. Tell your logger to log more consistently! (unless you are actually skipping half the raid every week)
    Last edited by bals; 2014-05-23 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    Well a few things right away:
    If you want to go for damage, make sure it doesn't go at cost of survivability!
    If you are struggling to stay alive, theres no reason to care about how much damage you do.

If you can stay alive without problems in EVERY situation, here are some basics for doing damage (remember, only go as far as you are still a viable tank):
    1. Don't pick BT, pick RC, gives you way more DS.
    2. As a weapon enchant use fc.
    3. replace rooks with a dps trinket, but keep the vial (I personally am using vial+skeers)
    4. replace glyph of anti magic shell with glyph of regenerative magic.
    5. try reaching but not surpassing hit and exp caps
    6. try and get the 4 piece

That alone should give you a nice damage boost.

Next:
    Don't waste resources! DS>RS>>HS. If you are about to cap RP but have both blood runes off cd, use RS anyway.
    Use crimson scourge procs on DnD>BB.
    Always have your diseases active.
    Standing in fire is not worth it, vengance gains from aoe has been severely nerfed.
    Use AMS to gain RP, spam RS while active.
    Use DRW as a dps cd, but have it ready for BL.
    Use ERW as a dps cd, don't use it during BL. If you don't have the 4piece, use it together with DRW.

if you do that you should do some nice damage. There are some advanced things like taunting the boss without switching to keep vengance up, or running oor from sha to get a few of his range attacks, but only do that when everyone in your raid also knows what you're planning and you are absolutely sure you won't die.

- - - Updated - - -

Also what bals said.
    Last edited by mmoc16149473f9; 2014-05-23 at 04:34 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for your thorough answers!

About the UP incident on IJ. It was probably a boo-boo from running between the bosses or something. I really dont know. To bad you had to use such an old log but I'm definitely getting why you used it.

Some things have gotten better from that point, mostly my crimson scourge usage. That's what I've been trying to work on the most. And using DRW for the double decease.

The tips are great. I'm gonna re-do my specc to fix what you said. One question though. I'm using robot to mix around with my weights and try different reforges. How concerned should i be to always gem so i get the socket bonus? Is it more important to reforge the optimum stats or reforge as good as i can while still getting the socket bonuses?

I'm gonna try to work on all this stuff on the next raid to see if it gets any better. I will also add some WeakAuras to see if i can get better usage of my procs and switch to RC. I will especially work on my Soul Reaper and pot usage as those are pretty non existing right now. And of course my resource usage and DS>RS>>HS priority. There's many times when i feel that I'm just spamming the buttons instead of properly using the runes.

Thanks!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use DPS trinkets (Thoks and Skeers are excellent for blood).

Stack parry, don't worry about balancing it with dodge. More avoidance is always better and you can be north of 40% crit with riposte up in a raid, it makes a big difference.

RoTFC from a survival stand point isn't the much worse than the other alternatives. While 15% strength won't be as big of a factor as vengeance and crit from riposte, it does indeed make a difference.

Don't waste stuff as a general rule. DK is fairly straight forward. Try not to overflow on RP and don't sit on two death strikes ever because you're wasting time that a set could be refreshing. Soul reaper when it's within the health threshold and other than that, use procs. If you're actively tanking and have enough avoidance most of your button presses are literally going to be DS/RS, there are times where I go long periods without pressing anything but those buttons even though I have crimson scourge procs ready. Depends on SoB and RP from AMS though.

If you have skeers, try and refresh your diseases right before the proc runs out. For 30 seconds your diseases will pretty much always crit, and that's a lot of damage.