Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I personally am not happy with spriest tbh. Yeah, we are ok on single target, but we blow at everything else. Our multi-dot is not impressive, our AoE is trash, we have no utility for CMs/dungeons.

I guess we will be possibly top damage in a decent guild on single target by a couple hundred DPS in raids? Not sure why everyone is so excited at that prospect when we lost so much more. At least we were more well rounded in MoP with great multidot, average-good aoe, and average single target DPS, while having decent offhealing.

Not to mention CoP is boring. Not sure what the hype is about DoTweaving, it's not anything tough or special to do. My opinion but I definitely prefer old spriest more. The only way this would be valid is if we were destroying single target, but we are not since we are matched or outclassed by a few specs.
    50k instant shield for tank. Vampiric Embrace with the glyph.

We have insane utility and great single target. AoE is definately poor, but we cant have everything. I'm just grateful that we can compete on the meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponkster View Post
    Vampiric Embrace with the glyph.
    Pretty much useless outside of a 20-man. There should be a "Glyph of old Vampiric Embrace" or something for 5 man/solo.

The good thing is that even with crappy AoE and situational utility we're way better than we were in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Pretty much useless outside of a 20-man. There should be a "Glyph of old Vampiric Embrace" or something for 5 man/solo.

The good thing is that even with crappy AoE and situational utility we're way better than we were in MoP.
    Bold statement to make.

Its very strong, especially in challenge modes.

We have insane utility and great single target. AoE is definately poor, but we cant have everything. I'm just grateful that we can compete on the meters.
    I have 1 gold cm and a bunch of silvers, and I don't feel that way at all. Most other specs have everything except maybe shamans, they don't have to pick between being good at one thing and mediocre at everything else.

50k shield is a crit shield. Shield is great, yeah, but that does not make up for our insanely poor AoE which all these cms require if you want gold. I get carried hard on AoE and I would be better off rolling just about any other class in there. My group feels the same way and I can guarantee you none of them misses my shield now that I'm playing my DPS monk.

Great single target depends on your definition. We are no slacks by any means but with the comp I run with having every single buff, those guys match me most of the times with good potions/flasks/foods etc. I was beating them more often than not, but it's not a wide enough margin to make me feel like, "ok, I'm the single target carry in this group" like how they feel when it comes time to AoE or cleave. Good single target also does not make up poor everything else. I will acknowledge we have pretty good self sustain though with DP compared to most other classes, and that is a life safer sometimes.

Guess we have different definitions of what being good is. I guess everyone is so happy we finally have "good" single target coming from MoP that they are not acknowledging all the downfalls we have now.

VE with the glyph is really crap healing too for a 5 man, by the way. Not sure why you brought that up. VE in MoP healed way more in a small group than VE does now relative to healthpools.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2014-11-20 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Most other specs have everything except maybe shamans, they don't have to pick between being good at one thing and mediocre at everything else.
    Or they can adjust glyphs / talents accordingly. That's one of the things that annoyed me the most about MoP: You sucked on single target no matter what you did, while most other DPS could adjust. I hope it's not the same with AoE for Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Or they can adjust glyphs / talents accordingly. That's one of the things that annoyed me the most about MoP: You sucked on single target no matter what you did, while most other DPS could adjust. I hope it's not the same with AoE for Draenor.
    Seriously, on large packs Halo shoots us ahead, then we roll Mind Sear and just plummet to the bottom by 20-30% from the next closest, and if its a pally or bear tank they're doubling our dps. It's not even a valid argument that we "can't be good at everything", this is just straight up broken to the point of a completely non-viable spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wutheals View Post
    Seriously, on large packs Halo shoots us ahead, then we roll Mind Sear and just plummet to the bottom by 20-30% from the next closest, and if its a pally or bear tank they're doubling our dps. It's not even a valid argument that we "can't be good at everything", this is just straight up broken to the point of a completely non-viable spell.
    Yeah it's pretty horrid, but it's our only flaw, and if I had to choose (which we shouldn't) between Mind Sear and single target, I'd choose single target every day.

The sad thing is, Blizz got the feedback in Beta, applied a miserly 10% buff which still left it shit.

Halo is decent, but there's a lot of pulls where it's too risky given pack proximity and the problematic nature of pulling more packs in crap gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Are the BiS lists on h2preist by Drye right?

Mainly talking about the pre raid BiS as that's what im gearing to atm but surely their would be different ones depending on what 100 talent you choose? also he doesn't use all 3 BoE slots you can have, Also doesn't have the legendary ring item
    It needs to be updated but its a good place to start.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

i am having hard time getting a group for cm.
    everyone knows how awful our aoe is at the moment.
    people see spriest as a liabilty and dont get into cm.
    even guildies are reluctant to hardcore carry us as we slow them down for gold.

very worried we might have to sit out for raids sooner or later.
    why cant blizzard see this issue and buff our aoe.
    so annoying when they say "LF hunter /mage for cm. no spriest plz"
    so we have come to this state...

10+ Year Old Account
    On Hesp's armory, he gemmed 35 multistrike for his gloves. Why that and not 10 haste 10 crit like his other gems? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...as/Hesp/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Shraug View Post
    On Hesp's armory, he gemmed 35 multistrike for his gloves. Why that and not 10 haste 10 crit like his other gems? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...as/Hesp/simple
    cant put old gems in new gear

Even if you could, you'd be using a 20 secondary stat budget where you could get 35.

Deleted
    So I was thinking about going SoD + COP cause the two effects stack apparently. MS starts hitting for 20k+ on procs. And with 1 or 2 VT's and a DP out you'll get quite a few procs. Just keep one target clean of dots for your MS spam.
    If there is only one target up though it's kinda bad. Do you guys think this would be a good choice on some bosses?
    And if there is one target would you have to clip DP dots or go MF cause it still got that +50% from COP then? So it's basically half an insanity.

Might have come across already sorry then :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    So why wouldn't he put a crit or a haste in there instead of multistrike? I feel like im missing something

Quote Originally Posted by Shraug View Post
    So why wouldn't he put a crit or a haste in there instead of multistrike? I feel like im missing something
    You'll have to ask Hesp for his reasons. My guess is that with stat weights being so close, stat interaction will have a non-trivial effect on your output; and increasing your lowest stats will give you more bang for the buck, so you'll want to avoid hoarding your "best stat" while neglecting your "worst stats". This is for my character some days ago:

To find the sweetspot you'd probably have to run 3d surface plots with a constant stat. As a good starting point though, you'll want to keep your stats balanced, while favoring slightly crit and haste but without neglecting mastery and multistrike.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-11-21 at 07:09 PM.

Old gear can only have old gems. Old gems don't have multistrike options. Multistrike is my lowest stat and it's also my preferred stat for general cop use, so I'll gear for it where possible.

Looks like every trinket with an on use or proc effort got nerfed, but static trinkets didn't change, so the BiS list might need a revisit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So gemming for Multistrike is the best option atm? I have a neck and ring slot open so I need to fill them with gems.

I make no claims what is best. I just wanted multistrike.

We have insane utility
    Is this some kind of a joke? Insane utility? lol I can think of many more classes with more utility than an Spriest.