15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really liking Glyph of Mind Blast for PvP with Clarity of Power - I only wish Crit was a good PvP stat

I haven't tried Glyph of Silence yet, it's been like a decade of 5s/45s Silence - I'm scared of 3s silence, even if it is every 20s!

Speaking of Tauren Mill, I run Bender+ToF+Cascade+CoP - and the damage we can do in a situation like that is pretty incredible - I was 50% above the next highest DPS on either team in both my last games. The biggest factor to that BG though seems to be Death Gripping enemies over and bursting - and CoP / ToF / Death does that VERY well
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-11-23 at 02:12 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Glyph of Silence is pretty much mandatory in 5 mans unless you don't want to help interrupt stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I'm really liking Glyph of Mind Blast for PvP with Clarity of Power - I only wish Crit was a good PvP stat

I haven't tried Glyph of Silence yet, it's been like a decade of 5s/45s Silence - I'm scared of 3s silence, even if it is every 20s!

Speaking of Tauren Mill, I run Bender+ToF+Cascade+CoP - and the damage we can do in a situation like that is pretty incredible - I was 50% above the next highest DPS on either team in both my last games. The biggest factor to that BG though seems to be Death Gripping enemies over and bursting - and CoP / ToF / Death does that VERY well
    With the MB glyph I've been going with Mastery>Crit>Haste>Multistrike>Versitility for pvp. Multistrike only gets 1 chance at a 30% extra hit in pvp rather than the 2 chances it gets in pve. I'd run haste over crit without the glyph, but that root is to good.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about why I liked CoP+GoMB so much, and realized it's because it feels like Blackout procs again! You can spam an instant while running away from a melee to peel them off you for a bit, and that feels like something we haven't had in ages - I only wish it was more consistent (ie. not tied to Crit chance) - maybe something like:

Glyph of Mind Blast - your next Mind Blast will Paralyze the target, rooting them for 4 seconds. 20 second cooldown.

Then at least we could set up a weak aura to know in advance if Paralysis would proc or not - take some of the RNG out of it. RNG in my experience isn't fun for either side - I can't rely on Paralysis to peel a melee off me, and I can't imagine it's fun for melee when I get 2x Paralysis procs back to back (though there are certainly worse offenders of Root-spam than Shadowpriests, so maybe they are used to it).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong right now but Shadow Priest in dungeons is a mess. Dotweave is so clunky in multi-target add fights. You can't dot properly and you can't single target properly.

Quote Originally Posted by 1989 View Post
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong right now but Shadow Priest in dungeons is a mess. Dotweave is so clunky in multi-target add fights. You can't dot properly and you can't single target properly.
    yep, you're doing something wrong. post some logs and information on your rotation

Hey guys, I have a few questions about CoP that don't really warrant their own thread. Hopefully you can help? I'm going preface this however by saying that I play on pretty high ping at times (250~) so that probably has a factor on the questions I'm asking.

First, is there a set opener at the moment? I usually just dot weave when maxed out on orbs, but I feel like I'm missing a lot of burst that other classes have there. Should I mind spike and DP in the gcd with it, then dot up?

Secondly, what should I be doing with Halo and shadowfiend? Do I just pop shadowfiend in place of an insanity/MS?

Finally, should I be keeping my dots up when the boss is below 20%, or just spamming MB and SWD on cd and throwing up DP in between? I feel like I don't have enough time between the cd of MB and SWD to get them back up.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by wolfgur; 2014-11-23 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Kind of figured out my first question

Yeah.... that's you, not the spec =)

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Yeah.... that's you, not the spec =)
    It's not him stop defending the awful dot weave thing.
    It is clunky on multi-target,it's clunky with high haste, it's clunky with BL, it's clunky in general, it's not even hard to do it don't feel special if you manage to master it fast, it's just awful.

They should at least buff VEnt, CoP was an alternative for those who wanted a dotless rotation not make the dots inferior as they did.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2014-11-23 at 05:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    They should at least buff VEnt, CoP was an alternative for those who wanted a dotless rotation not make the dots inferior as they did.
    Definitely agreed here. I don't mind the new rotation, but I don't play a SPriest to be a "burn phase" class.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Yep, wish this was an option. Should be an alternative playstyle, not the de facto spec to be.

If CoP was slightly better at single target than the other two, and the other two were slightly better in other situations I.E. AoE/Cleave fights, I would take the hit and be those specs. CoP to me is boring. DoTweave is definitely not some complicated rotation that anyone who isn't new to spriest will have a hard time with.

Deleted
    So what are we gemming/enchanting for as CoP?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    DoTweave is definitely not some complicated rotation that anyone who isn't new to spriest will have a hard time with.
    Who keeps saying it's complicated? Yeah, it's more involved than putting two dots up and flaying, but I haven't seen anything pushing this "new super-complex dotweave" thing.

No one is forcing anyone to use it, nor is anyone forcing anyone else to change their talents and optimize their gems, but it's what we have right now.

How is it clunky though? The timing of the dots falling off and moving back into the MS/MB rotation seems pretty smooth to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by methz View Post
    How is it clunky though? The timing of the dots falling off and moving back into the MS/MB rotation seems pretty smooth to me.
    On single-target it's perfect. On multi-target it's clunky. Dots fall off randomly, targets' health drop randomly and you have to SWD but you also have to MB and you also have Shadow Word: Insanity which you can't use or you have to use while seeing all your dots fall off. You also can't bank orbs for too long in case you can double tap SWD else you have to tap SWD once and use DP and SWD again and meanwhile your MB came off CD. You have to interrupt Shadow Word: Insanity for MB. You also have to adjust your target depending on priority but it changes constantly in dungeons and you are often GCD locked so you won't get SWD off and SWD is clunky as fuck if you use the glyph, which you need to glyph to be able to do something while moving but you can't use it a bit early because then you get no orbs due to WoW's outdated health update mechanic SWD doesn't proc exactly at 20% but some delay after that.

Dotweave is not fluid at all on anything more than one target and its major problem is that it's too focused GCDs and being forced to play around MB's cooldown in an awkward way.
    Last edited by mmoc5554cae7b0; 2014-11-24 at 02:06 AM.

On single-target it's perfect. On multi-target it's clunky. Dots fall off randomly, targets' health drop randomly and you have to SWD but you also have to MB and you also have Shadow Word: Insanity which you can't use or you have to use while seeing all your dots fall off. You also can't bank orbs for too long in case you can double tap SWD else you have to tap SWD once and use DP and SWD again and meanwhile your MB came off CD. You have to interrupt Shadow Word: Insanity for MB. You also have to adjust your target depending on priority but it changes constantly in dungeons and you are often GCD locked so you won't get SWD off and SWD is clunky as fuck if you use the glyph, which you need to glyph to be able to do something while moving but you can't use it a bit early because then you get no orbs due to WoW's outdated health update mechanic SWD doesn't proc exactly at 20% but some delay after that.

Dotweave is not fluid at all on anything more than one target and its major problem is that it's too focused GCDs and being forced to play around MB's cooldown in an awkward way.
    You say clunky, I say it has lots of competing priorities for the player to make decisions about, raising the skill cap.

The fact that dots fall off is neither here nor there. Your job is not to maintain any % of dot uptime, your job is to do the most damage. Having an add without dots on it just gives you another option to use a high DPET dot instead of MS filler.

Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    You say clunky, I say it has lots of competing priorities for the player to make decisions about
    This exactly. I'll take it over "keep dots up, nuke, filler" any time.

I think CoP dot weave feels great and not clunky at all. Our single target is one of the best in game atm. But yes, our aoe is down right awful. Mind sear is straight trash.
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com

I want Vampiric Embrace to be the same as it was in the beginning but with a little change like : you gain X% of Leech (and maybe an increase % of leech from all source) and the active should be "you grant everyone in your raid Y% of leech".

But i guess it may be too strong, i dunno.

Homophobia is so gay.

Anyone else feel that Surge of Darkness is a much better talent than Mindbender or Insanity for COP Dot Weaving? I've been toying around with it in challenge modes and with all the movement involved those instant mind spikes actually results in higher DPS in almost every fight. There are no patchwerk fights so a scenario when I can complete a flawless dot rotation rarely exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    This exactly. I'll take it over "keep dots up, nuke, filler" any time.
    That's great and it's a mater of personal taste, but when you have 2 different play-styles for the same spec then you should try to do your best to balance them so people who don't like one can try the other.
    Having a dot spec "forced" to play dotless rotation with dot injections is flawed.

At the moment CoP too good to be ignored , VEnt it too weak and AS need much more crit to be viable, so this could change.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2014-11-24 at 08:47 AM.