Quote Originally Posted by Ayanamii View Post
    Sounds like you're attacking the tank dummy, which absolutely will 1 shot your fiend. Not sure if that is also effecting your numbers. Try attacking the damage dummy to see if that changes anything. I have no idea what would change, dps wise, from tank to damage dummy.
    Yeah, I was attacking the wrong dummy :P. I just repeated the test with the same conditions, and the results are:

t16 - 14100 dps (I screwed up the rotation a bit)
    640+ - 13900

I used Shadowfiend twice in the 5 minute combat. It seems to have made a difference, but with the t16 I still do a bit more dps, even screwing the rotation a little.
    Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

Yeah, I was attacking the wrong dummy :P. I just repeated the test with the same conditions, and the results are:

t16 - 14100 dps (I screwed up the rotation a bit)
    640+ - 13900

I used Shadowfiend twice in the 5 minute combat. It seems to have made a difference, but with the t16 I still do a bit more dps, even screwing the rotation a little.
    If you're wearing mostly dungeon blues, you'll probably notice a bit of an increase wearing T16 2pc (esp. if they're 582 4/4 upgraded pieces). Personally, I wouldn't go so far as wearing the 4pc, but I was rocking T16 chest/shoulders for a very long time as there was a bug on the loot tables for random 5-mans that prevented cloth chestpieces from being dropped. Once you get 640 gear, though, it's recommended to wear that instead. The Int and extra secondaries help out a lot.

[ twitch ][ Elhaym#1731 if you have any questions ]

^
    ^
    @Nagacoatl: Yes, T16 (or at least the 2 sets of it) will give you better DPS result on CoP single target and sometimes 2 targets as well (depends on how close to Patchwerk it would be). I have both sim'd my character and tested on dummy. However, the better your 2 WoD pieces are, the closer the gap will be (for example, when I tested earlier this week, my *sim* result already shrunk to a difference of 50-60 dps on a two targets patchwerk fight with a normal Highmaul pant and mythic chest, ~659-660 ilvl w/o using 2 pieces at that time). However, remember that by using 2 pieces (much less 4), you are giving up a lot of HP, which may not really be the best choice for progression fights, so I don't think that would be a good idea, except maybe trying to get some (tiny bit) more DPS in Butcher.

I'm almost full epic with 645+ pieces, the only slots that are still 630 are a ring, feets, and the legendary cloak (which if I read the BiS list correctly is strong as a 650 epic, more or less).

Thank you for the answers, but still I have a couple doubts. I don't know very well how sims work, what it's calculated, etc, so:

- Could be a good idea to use the 4p in a fight like Brackenspore, where adds need to be bursted down and give orbs thanks to SWD?
    - Is the 4p really strong during execute phases, or the 'burst' it gives just compensates the lack of stats during the fight?
    - What ilvl could be needed to put away the 2p/4p? I'm 644 with those three sub 630 pieces, and still the t16 seems stronger...

Of course I understand the HP problem, anyway.

Thanks again and sorry for my insistence.

Can't answer the first two questions as I never considered keeping 4pc (so I never did any research on it), but for the last - I'm doing better on both sim and dummy with my WoD set now (663ilvl) than with 2 pieces, so I think the switching point should be somewhere between 659-663.

The old 4 set is very good if you got them as Mythic pieces. I think it's around when you have 655 without them or something where the 4 set starts falling off from my own observations.

I'm 657... I just did a quick test (up to 2mil), but yeah I gotta admit the old 4p is ahead by around 0.2k dps. I havent really bothered much and I guess could be more accurate. Btw, what is supposed to be the difference between dotweave and not? On the training dummy at my level its less than 1k dps, shoudl it be more?

Food for thought, Blizzard has set a precedent where if enough players start wearing T16 over WoD pieces, they usually nerf the set bonus. (See: Fire 4-set.) It seems incredibly niche in Shadow's case, but I wouldn't put too much stock in its sustainability.

But yeah, if you're able to do more DPS with it, enjoy it while it's around. I'm 664 myself, well past the point where I'd be able to even test it.

[ twitch ][ Elhaym#1731 if you have any questions ]

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Food for thought, Blizzard has set a precedent where if enough players start wearing T16 over WoD pieces, they usually nerf the set bonus. (See: Fire 4-set.)
    You could use feral t13 2pc well into Throne of Thunder if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Food for thought, Blizzard has set a precedent where if enough players start wearing T16 over WoD pieces, they usually nerf the set bonus. (See: Fire 4-set.) It seems incredibly niche in Shadow's case, but I wouldn't put too much stock in its sustainability.

But yeah, if you're able to do more DPS with it, enjoy it while it's around. I'm 664 myself, well past the point where I'd be able to even test it.
    I wish I had the mythic pieces to test it but I didn't play WoW during entire SoO. I think it can be really strong on many fights in Highmaul from what I've seen and depending on the gear pieces you replace it can be competitive with 660 gear.

So basically, I almost need to be fully equipped with HM normal pieces just to replace those four pieces. Since I'm not currently in a raiding guild and I just pug it, it kinda sucks.

It's a bit messed up in my opinion - a old bonus set so strong that you need every slot with ~100 ilvl more just to change four pieces...

Well, thanks all for the answers for now, very much appreciated!

Just simulated my stat scaling with simcraft, got this result:

Any idea why there is a bump in the haste scaling at like +850/900 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vallelol View Post
    Just simulated my stat scaling with simcraft, got this result:

Any idea why there is a bump in the haste scaling at like +850/900 ?
    850 is gcd cap while under bloodlust (15% when not)