Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    My understanding is in the 4th orb you cast sd: p and then vt followed by mb dp etc. So your dots get full usage, I definitely got more dps doing dots after the 4th orb on dummy. I'm no pro though so could be wrong but if you VT after dp you're wasting mfi time and you'll wipe VT with your first ms
    In relevance to how to continue the buildup phase after orb 4, I like to actually to do one cast of MS then casting VT stacked with SW:P on a one second GCD, I find that my MB cooldown lines up perfectly with this as I begin cycling my insanity procs off of the double DP + MB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhho View Post
    In relevance to how to continue the buildup phase after orb 4, I like to actually to do one cast of MS then casting VT stacked with SW:P on a one second GCD, I find that my MB cooldown lines up perfectly with this as I begin cycling my insanity procs off of the double DP + MB
    K ill give this a try later

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblesasc View Post
    Hello, I'm quite geared as you can see by the link I'm about to give but with SLIGHT movement and myself having to soak bounding cleave <30% (I disperse) I think I did good DPS. I do not dot at 20% on butcher and make sure that if I am not casting MB or SW it's Insanity. However if I have time to dot the boss up just before the execute phase begins I will do it, and then just let it fall off after. Hope this helps.

Soulyouth, I loved your tweet yesterday! :P
    Reflective shield

Deleted
    Sorry if I missed this somewhere else, I check this thread pretty regularly and haven't seen anything.

What are people doing on BL pulls with no orbs? Is it better to just Devouring Plague straight away and start casting Insanity instead of waiting until 4 orbs to dotweave, to make best use of the prepot?

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Sorry if I missed this somewhere else, I check this thread pretty regularly and haven't seen anything.

What are people doing on BL pulls with no orbs? Is it better to just Devouring Plague straight away and start casting Insanity instead of waiting until 4 orbs to dotweave, to make best use of the prepot?
    I DP to capitalize on trinkets/pot. Same thing if I have ToF running out and not enough time/orbs to set up a weave. Seems like a waste otherwise.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question for you experts:

Why is Simcraft spitting out such extreme numbers?
    According to simcraft I should be able to do around 28K DPS (ilvl 652; Armory in sig | Patchwerk sim 300s, 10K iterations, no vary length)

Yet all I (and my similarly geared co shadow) seem to be able to do is like 22.5K. Butcher Warcraftlogs

Now I am not the super pro gamer when it comes to CoP-weave and I already realized that the weaving rotation I use only provides 10 insanity ticks instead of 12 (working on that), but I can't shake the feeling that we both are missing something bigger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

According to simcraft I should be able to do around 28K DPS (ilvl 652; Armory in sig | Patchwerk sim 300s, 10K iterations, no vary length)

Yet all I (and my similarly geared co shadow) seem to be able to do is like 22.5K. Butcher Warcraftlogs

Now I am not the super pro gamer when it comes to CoP-weave and I already realized that the weaving rotation I use only provides 10 insanity ticks instead of 12 (working on that), but I can't shake the feeling that we both are missing something bigger.
    What do you mean with 10 instead of 12?

Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    Proper DoT weaving should net you 12 ticks of Insanity, not 10.

In 665ish gear I would expect maybe 27 or 28k. 670 gear you start getting close to 30k. 652- I would say 22-24k is probably accetpable and as much as you could ask for, the sims are quite high for shadow right now, and really not attainable.
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspected as much, but just wanted to ask anyway.
    Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    Proper DoT weaving should net you 12 ticks of Insanity, not 10.
    Mmmm can you elaborate this? I thought dot weaving, when you have 5 orbs, was using insanity x2 and then x2 again... what do you mean with ticks?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmm can you elaborate this? I thought dot weaving, when you have 5 orbs, was using insanity x2 and then x2 again... what do you mean with ticks?
    So, one GCD is two "ticks" of insanity, we get 4 ticks per insanity cast by default so we re-cast Insanity before it drops or weave in MB/whatever which lets us get 6 ticks or 3 gcd's of insanity in the middle of other actions, Insanity x2 gets us 2/4 or 3/3 or 4/2 ticks.

- - - Updated - - -

Drop the SIM to 250s as that's pretty much your Butcher fight, for Comparison I pulled 25.4k in similar gear in our kill last week - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Looking at your gear though I'm Gemmed/Enchanted for Mastery and it looks like you have Crit on Weapon and Haste on the rest(very bad at German sorry)? If that's the case it can be enough to make up a decent chunk of the difference when added onto the extra Insanity ticks.
    Last edited by Nekusar; 2014-12-23 at 06:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekusar View Post
    Looking at your gear though I'm Gemmed/Enchanted for Mastery and it looks like you have Crit on Weapon and Haste on the rest(very bad at German sorry)? If that's the case it can be enough to make up a decent chunk of the difference when added onto the extra Insanity ticks.
    Yes, I am fond of a hasted playstyle (I blame mop 45% haste was just so much fun), that's why I did it.
    Variable haste proc on weapon + dotweave sounded .... fishy, so I went with crit.

I might try mastery after our Christmas break though. thanks for the tip.

one full channel of insanity is 4 ticks (at 100 with perk). using the dotweave rotation so you spend 6 orbs worth of DP with your dots up will get you 12 insanity ticks. if you do some sort of dp>mb>dp rotation, you'll usually only get 10 since your mb comes off cooldown right as your insanity wears off.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I am fond of a hasted playstyle (I blame mop 45% haste was just so much fun), that's why I did it.
    Variable haste proc on weapon + dotweave sounded .... fishy, so I went with crit.

I might try mastery after our Christmas break though. thanks for the tip.
    It will only at best be a 500-1.5k DPS swing depending on your gear, it's worth it to SIM out a few encounter types with scaling on to see what's going to be the best average for you, my gear at the moment is generally Mastery but is pretty close to Crit winning out so YMMV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekusar View Post
    It will only at best be a 500-1.5k DPS swing depending on your gear, it's worth it to SIM out a few encounter types with scaling on to see what's going to be the best average for you, my gear at the moment is generally Mastery but is pretty close to Crit winning out so YMMV.
    I found out why Simcraft insisted that I pull 28K.... I constantly ran with 2 targets. Single target patchwerk puts me at 25.8K.

As for the Mastery vs haste debate: Mastery rocks the boat (3.05 vs 2.01 on patchwerk lol) when it comes to non movement single target fights. As soon as movement occurs or there are more than 2 targets haste takes over.

I think I keep sticking to haste for now.

I'm putting crit enchants on my new gear as I get it. I can't wait till I get even more rage PMs. Your guide says haste, you went mastery and now you go crit, WHY?!?!

Crit really owns for any fight with adds/dotting/halo usage aka imperator

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, to be fair: I was confused by your guide as well.

But then again, our stats are so closely together now and there are no alternative gear pieces, that i'm not sure whether you will see the impact of the little amount we can influence in the real world.

I will go crit on future items as well, because my long term goal is to switch to AS anyway.

I think I keep sticking to haste for now.
    Come over to the darkside and try some mastery, all the best SPriests are doing it
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlebar View Post
    Come over to the darkside and try some mastery, all the best SPriests are doing it
    Only when I get fresh baked cookies. :<