Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Only when I get fresh baked cookies. :<
    I know a mage.

On another note, I'm completely ready to start seeing some nicely optimized gear drop, instead of a little bit of everything lol.
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

Deleted
    I found out why Simcraft insisted that I pull 28K.... I constantly ran with 2 targets. Single target patchwerk puts me at 25.8K.

As for the Mastery vs haste debate: Mastery rocks the boat (3.05 vs 2.01 on patchwerk lol) when it comes to non movement single target fights. As soon as movement occurs or there are more than 2 targets haste takes over.

I think I keep sticking to haste for now.
    But why when most of highmaul are mainly single target fights lol even on mythic most are single target

Bladefist, Butcher, Brackenspore is at most a 2 target fight so mastery is still better for that, Same with twins, Koragh is mainly a single target fight and Imperator is a single target fight with adds that are bursted down quickly so you don't really have any sustained multi targets unless your on add duty which would never happen because well spriest are terrible at it lol

So the only fight really is Tectus and because there's so much of an execute phase I'm not even sure haste is better than mastery or crit on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    But why when most of highmaul are mainly single target fights lol even on mythic most are single target
    Yes but mastery also falls in value when you add movement.
    CoP Dotweave sucked on Kargath M because I constantly had to move. (Personal feeling, no hard data to back it up)

Single target heavy movement sim -> Haste 2.35 / Mastery 2.16 (Normalized to int: 0.56 / 0.51)

How big is the stat budget we actually have control over (not counting weapon procs)?
    100 food
    100 cloak
    100 both rings
    75 neck

375 stats we can influence. Now if Simcraft were to tell me that mastery is 0.05PP better than haste, I would effectively gain 18,75PP by swapping over to mastery.

Sorry but I am nowhere even near elite enough to make THAT matter in real boss encounters.
    1s of unnecessary movement would probably have more impact.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2014-12-24 at 08:11 PM.

I really think mastery is the way to go for Highmaul. Mastery on a two target fight is pretty comparable to the other stats and on single target it's far ahead of everything else. No fights right now have enough long lived stuff past 2+ mobs without long periods of single targets besides tectus but our job on that fight especially on Mythic is to make sure we hit the DPS checks for the upheavals, and single target/two target trumps there. Gearing for AoE when our AoE is trash is pretty dumb, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree with you if we had more control over our stats like back in the day of reforge.
    But this no alternative "take the item as is or leave it" situation right now makes this discussion rather moot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only when I get fresh baked cookies. :<
    I'm a crit priest and I have cookies! JOIN THE CRIT-SIDE
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I really think mastery is the way to go for Highmaul. Mastery on a two target fight is pretty comparable to the other stats and on single target it's far ahead of everything else. No fights right now have enough long lived stuff past 2+ mobs without long periods of single targets besides tectus but our job on that fight especially on Mythic is to make sure we hit the DPS checks for the upheavals, and single target/two target trumps there. Gearing for AoE when our AoE is trash is pretty dumb, imo.
    Most of our damage comes when the boss hits 20%, and in that scenario mastery is probably our worst stat. Currently SWD and DP make up 65-70% of our damage done after 20%, which both skills receives nothing from mastery. Once a boss hits 20% our dps can easily jump up by 15-20k. So I don't think its right in going full out stacking mastery. Not saying not to go mastery, just I don't think having 1300 mastery and 200 crit and multistrike is the way to go.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree with you if we had more control over our stats like back in the day of reforge.
    But this no alternative "take the item as is or leave it" situation right now makes this discussion rather moot.
    Yep, no control of stats means take whatever is good that drops, enchant/gem crit, and focus on improving play over gearing strategy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    Most of our damage comes when the boss hits 20%, and in that scenario mastery is probably our worst stat. Currently SWD and DP make up 65-70% of our damage done after 20%, which both skills receives nothing from mastery. Once a boss hits 20% our dps can easily jump up by 15-20k. So I don't think its right in going full out stacking mastery. Not saying not to go mastery, just I don't think having 1300 mastery and 200 crit and multistrike is the way to go.
    Ya definitely not, Crit or die fools! ^.^

(Disclaimer: I'm not saying crit is significantly better than the other stats, provably they are all almost too close to even call - but crit just feels right)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I'm a crit priest and I have cookies! JOIN THE CRIT-SIDE
    3, 2, 1, SOLD!

Crit side for 3 cookies it is.

Sorry, Mastery dudes. :>

i'm gonna stick to haste :x

Homophobia is so gay.

I'm going to stick to Versatility. All the cool boyz enchant Versa.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Yeah, to be fair: I was confused by your guide as well.

To be fair, it is explained on 39 of 40 pages of it as to why people are doing it

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    To be fair, it is explained on 39 of 40 pages of it as to why people are doing it
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye H2P
    The reason crit is recommended, is because the way I'm viewing stats, is that haste = mastery = Crit = multi >>>> Vers. Going specific gems or enchants isn't going to give you some massive dps increase, you actually wont see a difference unless some placebo effect comes into play.

Which is basically what my own math told me. Hence no rage PMs from me ^^
    Last edited by Granyala; 2014-12-26 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Could you link your guide? :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Could you link your guide? :-)
    [H2P] Drye's Shadow Guide

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked Drye's guide enough to just not bother posting one of my own, but I am somewhat tempted now - just so I can do a simplified guide (more like a List of Answers) for people who don't want to read full sentences: kind of like my short pre-amble guide last time. Thoughts?

Edit: I also just liked how this thread worked more than the usual guide discussion, previously guides would become a "Fix My DPS" thread after the initial posts/suggestions/revision cycles - whereas new discussions would be short 2-10 page threads - but this thread has managed to consolidate all the Shadow discussion together in one place - and there is something to be said for that.

The flip side is that I wouldn't want this thread to grow to like 1000 pages or something, then it just becomes an unwieldy mess. A guide resolves that better - since it creates a minimum basis of knowledge - eliminating most of the simpler questions about rotation or gemming that crop up otherwise.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-12-26 at 03:59 PM.

Personally, I think a "Fix my DPS" thread would be beneficial, as well as a general Guide. It'd cut down on the "How do I breathe?" questions which are asked routinely. I think a "I want to bitch, whine and moan about CoP" generalized thread would help, too, since that's how most threads seem to go these days. >_>;

Quote Originally Posted by Drye's Guide
    Dot weaving rotation consists of: MB(4th orb) > MS > MS > SW:P > MB(5th orb) > VT > DP > MFI > MB(3rd orb) > MFI > MFI > DP > MB > MFI > MFI > MFI > MB > MS spam
    Does that mean that we should never end insanity prematurely, or does this assume 0 haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Does that mean that we should never end insanity prematurely, or does this assume 0 haste?
    Each MFI in that rotation denotes one GCD worth of channeling. The idea is that you *always* clip the channel to cast MB as soon as it comes off cooldown.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    "I want to bitch, whine and moan about CoP"
    Come to my Bitch and Complain forums! I need more power, sustain me!
    http://howtopriest.com/viewforum.php...2df7cd8f778b86