Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    122,5% * 2 = 245% not 250.

And also according to my research Mind Spike with Clarity of Power does
    115,5% (0,825 * 1,4) damage.
    If it's multiplicative then yeah it would be worth to PH granted you don't overcap Orbs as the cost is refunded. I wasn't able to check because I was on my phone :/
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by methz View Post
    So instead of answering the original question, we've branched off to how I should have my mind reading powers on when you post. At least you're being constructive, I guess.
    Well, if you misinterpret every post you respond to then no one can really have any discussion with you. I said versatility and dispersion had nothing to do with 4 set. I also explained what I meant with 4 set the sentence before that. So I defined the word before I used it and you still somehow misinterpret what I write.

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    On Beastlord Darmac really shows how good Searing Insanity is now. Makes us one of the best AoE on the pack beasts.

Anyone else that did testing noticed AS being bugged and causing SA to not do damage still?
    Searing insanity is definitely a nice addition to our toolkit, but it certainly doesn't make us "one of the best aoe" class/spec on beastlord darmac.
    Most of the time, I found myself being flooded with shadow orbs so I could cast at most 2-3 seconds of searing insanity before spamming devouring plague.

SA definitely does 0 damage with AS, but I think that'll be fixed with the upcoming new ptr build.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulle View Post
    Most of the time, I found myself being flooded with shadow orbs so I could cast at most 2-3 seconds of searing insanity before spamming devouring plague.
    I don't see why you would stop searing insanity to use DP, unless your 4pc was about to fall off. You will do more damage searing insanity pack beasts, boss, and weapons.

Searing insanity does 50% per target, 6 pack beasts spawn at a time + 1 boss = 7 targets * 50% = 350% per second or 350% * GCD
    Devouring plague does 600% per cast = 600% per GCD.

Except that half the time the boss isn't on a beast and you completely ignored the weapons. Just because you want to DP over Searing insanity doesn't change the fact that it made shadow one of the best burst aoe class.

My understanding is that you are doing 150% -100% base spell for 50% per right? So why would DP be 300+300 for 600 when it should be 200+200.
    Last edited by supersnap; 2015-01-30 at 03:25 AM.

We may be seeing different things in terms of how many targets are near the adds due to differences in tactics. When adds spawn, we tanked them right next to the boss for cleave. Weapons also spawn on top of a random ranged player so it's not likely that you'll have a lot of spears in range for mind sear, unless ranged players stack on top of each other at all times. Also since we tank the adds next to the boss, there's 0 spear in range for searing insanity when the adds spawn.

Searing insanity = 250% over 5 seconds, 50% every 1 sec or 75% per GCD
    Devouring plague = 300% initial hit + 300% as dot or 600% per GCD

Searing insanity * number of targets = Devouring plague
    75 * X = 600
    X = 8

You need 8 targets for searing insanity to do same damage as devouring plague on a GCD basis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by methz View Post
    So instead of answering the original question, we've branched off to how I should have my mind reading powers on when you post. At least you're being constructive, I guess.

Any chance you're using a macro to swap items out because the gear set panel doesn't work for it? For some reason I can't save some item slots in my sets, wondering if it's just me
    /equipset naked
    /use pot
    /equipset shadow

(Optional: kick the ninja pullers from the group.)

Done.

Blizzard should however cancelaura anytime you unequip a tier bonus set though. I don't understand why that still isn't active, since this has been abused so many times. I remember on my mage abusing the ICC tier bonus set in start of Cata for 12% extra burst DPS for 30 sec. IMO they should even get rid of prepotting altogether as well. Oh and resources. When I play my lock in PuGs I seriously lose hairs on my head from having my demonic fury decay which destroys my rankings. Using SG to start with 5 orbs and save augment is also annoying.

Deleted
    Do you guys think we'll get the changes next week when brf is out or we'll have to wait for 6.1? It would be kinda lame for Blizz to buff us a bit because they know in BRF we are too weak atm, but give us the buffs weeks after the content is out...

None of these changes are coming with BRF...................

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    None of these changes are coming with BRF...................
    How can you be sure?

Whats the point to give us buffs we need for BRF but not when BRF opens?

The only confirmed changes that'll come in with BRF are the new profession items (ilvl680 upgrades, new alchemy trinket)

Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    How can you be sure?

Whats the point to give us buffs we need for BRF but not when BRF opens?
    Because these changes are for patch 6.1 and brf releases before 6.1??????????????

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Because these changes are for patch 6.1 and brf releases before 6.1??????????????
    Uhm... hello? That's MY point. Why would they buff us for BRF but give us these buffs after BRF is released? Makes no sense at all.

Uhm... hello? That's MY point. Why would they buff us for BRF but give us these buffs after BRF is released? Makes no sense at all.
    Because they're not buffing us for BRF. They're buffing us for 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Which while true, one has to admit makes no sense at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    They are OBVIOUSLY buffin us for brf considering they are giving us a decent aoe (which is needed for several bosses in brf) and the chance to use AS over COP (another talent that we will often use in brf considering the kind of bosses we find there).

So unless you think it's just a coincidence that they are buffing what we need in BRF, i would say that they planned these buffs thinking to BRF.

Which goes back to my original question... makes no sense at all to delay BRF related buffs after BRF is opened.

Which goes back to my original question... makes no sense at all to delay BRF related buffs after BRF is opened.
    Oh I couldn't agree more, but sadly that's the way it is. Tuning until 6.1 unless (very unlikely) announced otherwise.

I'm just hoping that maybe they'll push the class changes out when mythic brf opens and just leave the other stuff until 6.1 actually drops.

I'm pretty sure 6.1 is gonna be released before BRF mythic anyway.