Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Weird I never noticed that, on beastlords mine only multistriked 1.2%

However it could be because it has so many hits that the multistrike might only be able to multistrike on the first target or something to stop it being stupidly OP with people who have high multistrike. As mine hit like 203 times and if each one of them had a chance to multistrike then that could become pretty OP with lucky RNG / high MS levels
    God forbid we have a talent thats strong for shadow!

Cascade is epic, heres hoping to it remaining strong.

Interesting thing about cascade!

looking at our kromog wipes last night : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1713&wipes=1

The multistrike chance for cascade seems to be 10% of whatever your % is. My multistrike is 15%, the other shadow in the raid Fnord is 10% and we got 1.5% and 0.9% over 10 wipes. Hopefully more logs will show the same!

I didn't even notice that. Cascade was 23% of my damage on darmac, 0.9% multistrike from it. Currently at 22% MS. Almost afraid to report it so it doesn't get too strong, because fuck knows it'll be toned down

Quote Originally Posted by methz View Post
    I didn't even notice that. Cascade was 23% of my damage on darmac, 0.9% multistrike from it. Currently at 22% MS. Almost afraid to report it so it doesn't get too strong, because fuck knows it'll be toned down
    It's a strange state of affairs for SPriest to be afraid to report an obvious bug; had this been a Warlock or Mage bug, there'd be seven pages of people threatening to unsubscribe.

in return, Blizzard would fix the bug and give them a 40% buff to their main nuke to compensate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davie View Post
    Interesting thing about cascade!

looking at our kromog wipes last night : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1713&wipes=1

The multistrike chance for cascade seems to be 10% of whatever your % is. My multistrike is 15%, the other shadow in the raid Fnord is 10% and we got 1.5% and 0.9% over 10 wipes. Hopefully more logs will show the same!
    Holy crap that cascade damage O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    However it could be because it has so many hits that the multistrike might only be able to multistrike on the first target or something to stop it being stupidly OP with people who have high multistrike.
    It wouldn't be stupidly OP, that high multistrike comes at the cost of other secondary stats. I checked my logs and i'm also getting ~2% multistrikes.

Cascade is bugged in more than one way...

... only the initial hit can multistrike
    ... when exactly two targets are stacked together, Cascade will only hit twice.
    ... when two targets are stacked together and you cast Cascade on a ranged 3rd target, Cascade will hit 10 times.
    ... the stacked cast can probably be extened to any case with multiple numer of targets stacked, and your initial hit placed differently (say beastlord - cast on spear while all adds are stacked)

Deleted
    I haven't really been following Shadow lately, especially not after 6.1. So please excuse me if I ask questions that has already been answered here or over at Howtopriest.

Nr 1. Is Void Entropy still the worst out of the 3 lvl 100 talents? If that is the case, is it due to fight mechanics, or rather that it just does very low damage? Would be great to know if it would be able to shine on some specific fight. Maybe Iron Maidens, or a council type of fight.
    Nr 2. After the Insanity buff to mindsear, and scaling getting abit different, what is the new "to go" number of adds for you to Insanity - Mind Sear instead of just Insanity - Mind Flay? I guess that it differs between CoP and AS since DoTs are considered to be much more efficient for AS and Mind Sear hitting harder for CoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    I haven't really been following Shadow lately, especially not after 6.1. So please excuse me if I ask questions that has already been answered here or over at Howtopriest.

Nr 1. Is Void Entropy still the worst out of the 3 lvl 100 talents? If that is the case, is it due to fight mechanics, or rather that it just does very low damage? Would be great to know if it would be able to shine on some specific fight. Maybe Iron Maidens, or a council type of fight.
    Nr 2. After the Insanity buff to mindsear, and scaling getting abit different, what is the new "to go" number of adds for you to Insanity - Mind Sear instead of just Insanity - Mind Flay? I guess that it differs between CoP and AS since DoTs are considered to be much more efficient for AS and Mind Sear hitting harder for CoP.
    VEnt is still bad. It just can't compete with the output of the other talents. The only exception right now is Hanz and Franz, because the dot has such a long duration and one of the bosses will go out of range for such long periods of time it actually becomes viable since its damage, while shitty, is better when you'd otherwise do nothing.

I haven't seen the math but it would seem to me that if you have 3 or more adds it makes sense to insanity mind sear.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    If that is the case, is it due to fight mechanics, or rather that it just does very low damage?
    It's bad because of it's own mechanics. Shouldn't cost any orbs. Should improve orb generation. Should increase DoT damage on the target. Should be more than just a lazy a$$ spell.

It's bad because of it's own mechanics.
    My friends and I like to call it the "bad shadow detection system", we've only seen one person take it and quickly shut that down.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalowbie View Post
    My friends and I like to call it the "bad shadow detection system", we've only seen one person take it and quickly shut that down.
    Hahahahah I have a shadow friend that always ask me "is VEnt good now?" when there are tuning changes to other spells

So anyone that keeps track of logs knows that Hanno from Encore has ranked really well with AS the past two weeks on Gruul, a single target fight, and Hans and Frans, a two target fight (among a bunch of other fights).

The first week I thought it was luck, but this week he managed to beat both of his previous week parses by a good margin. His gear isn't THAT much better that he's suppose to outright just beat others by a good 10% damage or so. Looking at his orb generation from AS, it's insane compared to everyone. Is there a trick or something with crit that people are missing or does it really just come down to luck? I find it hard to believe he gets lucky on almost every fight though...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    So anyone that keeps track of logs knows that Hanno from Encore has ranked really well with AS the past two weeks on Gruul, a single target fight, and Hans and Frans, a two target fight (among a bunch of other fights).

The first week I thought it was luck, but this week he managed to beat both of his previous week parses by a good margin. His gear isn't THAT much better that he's suppose to outright just beat others by a good 10% damage or so. Looking at his orb generation from AS, it's insane compared to everyone. Is there a trick or something with crit that people are missing or does it really just come down to luck? I find it hard to believe he gets lucky on almost every fight though...
    Any chance for a link to said logs? Sounds interesting.

Deleted

I think it just has to do with well itemized gear, RNG(of course) and solid play. I checked out his gear and he has a lot of Crit and Haste, best stats for AS. I'm not sure how good Hanno is though, it's hard to judge how well a player plays without watching his stream or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I think it just has to do with well itemized gear, RNG(of course) and solid play. I checked out his gear and he has a lot of Crit and Haste, best stats for AS. I'm not sure how good Hanno is though, it's hard to judge how well a player plays without watching his stream or something.
    Afaik they let him reset every single boss to gain 4/5 shadow orbs for pull, at least for AS starting with orbs is massive of a gain in dps in terms of burst and orb generation.

Don't get me wrong he is a sick player but if every guild allowed you to reset the boss for 5 orbs and a bug that i won't say there would be alot of logs much closer together.
    Last edited by Fleuria; 2015-03-04 at 12:29 PM.

The mythic wf oregorger trinket coupled with the mythic beastlord one has insane synergy with AS. He also has pretty much perfect stats for AS from gear as well. Once you're at that gear level you'll have a great uptime on the 4p, in his case close to 80% uptime.
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2015-03-04 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Hanno is a great player, he's always been putting out numbers since SoO.

I have no doubt this is again him being good at play for the most part, but just looking at the orbs generated from AS on every fight he does, it's just incredibly high.

There is not a lot of skill involved with orb generation from AS(?) and while I agree about his gear, I don't see how him having 1 or 2% more crit is giving him that many more orbs. It's consistent on every fight he's done the past two weeks, and as far as I can tell he doesn't have a bad luck streak at all (and if you play AS on fights with no targets, you know that's bound to happen) so I'm just wondering if he's figured out something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iShadowPriest View Post
    Any chance for a link to said logs? Sounds interesting.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZC16zdqTAcVNKkPg#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=28

Like I said previously he is allowed to reset every single boss to start off with 5 orbs, gives way higher burst and from what I can tell he may also be using something I learnt about last night, most guilds will tell you to fuck off if you can just 1 shot it on farm however Encore have always been a guild that do anything for logs, don't get me wrong he's a really good player but starting a boss with 5 orbs as AS greatly inflates dps.