Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    Like I said previously he is allowed to reset every single boss to start off with 5 orbs, gives way higher burst and from what I can tell he may also be using something I learnt about last night, most guilds will tell you to fuck off if you can just 1 shot it on farm however Encore have always been a guild that do anything for logs, don't get me wrong he's a really good player but starting a boss with 5 orbs as AS greatly inflates dps.
    You are aware that 1 shotting a boss on farm means you start the fight with 5 shadow orbs without resetting right? 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Gapezilla View Post
    You are aware that 1 shotting a boss on farm means you start the fight with 5 shadow orbs without resetting right? 10/10
    Well yeah obviously, however if you die on trash you'd just allow him to reset the boss and waste 2 minutes to gain the 5 orbs or if he sat for one boss he'd get to reset it when he came in anyway, other guilds don't do that. Not really trying to take away that he's a really sick player but when you have a guild that does everything to top log it helps a lot...

I was just however saying that it helps massively to start with 5 orbs for AS and if you do wipe some guilds probably won't let you reset where as your guild afaik does.

oh well.
    Last edited by Fleuria; 2015-03-04 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    Well yeah obviously, however if you die on trash you'd just allow him to reset the boss and waste 2 minutes to gain the 5 orbs or if he sat for one boss he'd get to reset it when he came in anyway, other guilds don't do that. Not really trying to take away that he's a really sick player but when you have a guild that does everything to top log it helps a lot...

I was just however saying that it helps massively to start with 5 orbs for AS and if you do wipe some guilds probably won't let you reset where as your guild afaik does.

oh well.
    You know bosses take 20 seconds to reset right? If you run back fast enough you can reset it before everyone even has their food buff. Even the best guilds in the world have more than 30s downtime between pulls, you lose literally nothing.

I wish I knew where you got your information that we reset every boss, because Gruul is literally the only boss in BRF where we do that. On a boss like Gruul where every dps counts and especially at progression gear levels the enrage is unforgiving (we did the same thing on mythic butcher), you're doing a disservice to yourself and your guild if you're not doing something as basic as starting the fight with 5 orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalowbie View Post
    My friends and I like to call it the "bad shadow detection system", we've only seen one person take it and quickly shut that down.
    Last week I was in a level 100 random heroic dungeon on my warrior, and the shadow priest was doing under 6000 dps. Naturally, I inspected her, and she had taken void entropy, and I figured that was the issue, but I was debating speaking up to her about it or just ignoring it. About halfway through the instance, I noticed she was also spending her shadow orbs on psychic horror instead of devouring plague, and at that point I decided that suggesting devouring plague was the more important correction. Her DPS went up like 50% just from that.

So yeah, bad shadow detection system engaged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Hanno is a great player, he's always been putting out numbers since SoO.

I have no doubt this is again him being good at play for the most part, but just looking at the orbs generated from AS on every fight he does, it's just incredibly high.

There is not a lot of skill involved with orb generation from AS(?) and while I agree about his gear, I don't see how him having 1 or 2% more crit is giving him that many more orbs. It's consistent on every fight he's done the past two weeks, and as far as I can tell he doesn't have a bad luck streak at all (and if you play AS on fights with no targets, you know that's bound to happen) so I'm just wondering if he's figured out something.
    As I said, I have a hard time telling if a player is good or not just from his logs. Watching a stream you can clearly see GCD by GCD and you can also see the decisions a player makes depending on the situation. Just from previous experience this is what I rely on when determining if a player is good or not. I remember back in the days when I saw some priests that logged high on many fights and I thought they must be pretty good. So when some of them released videos and stuff I watched them thinking I'd maybe learn something. Color me surprised when I was just sitting there wondering what the fuck they were doing and came to the conclusion: Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    Last week I was in a level 100 random heroic dungeon on my warrior, and the shadow priest was doing under 6000 dps. Naturally, I inspected her, and she had taken void entropy, and I figured that was the issue, but I was debating speaking up to her about it or just ignoring it. About halfway through the instance, I noticed she was also spending her shadow orbs on psychic horror instead of devouring plague, and at that point I decided that suggesting devouring plague was the more important correction. Her DPS went up like 50% just from that.

Nitpicky but you clearly just ran into a new player.. not necessarily a "bad shadow". Was nice of you to help out.

Things went off topic really fast regarding AS and its "viability" on single target fights like Gruul.

On single target, the difference between CoP and AS is extremely small if you are using AS Equip (crit+haste/multi) for both CoP and AS. That being said, AS is more prone to RNG than CoP to the point where the DPS range for AS is much higher than CoP.
    Assuming you don't have 2 different sets tailored for CoP and AS, it comes down to personal preference on what you want to play for single target fights.

Deleted
    Unfortunately, you can't really tailor 2 different sets at this point. If you drop more than 5ilevels for a different stat because its better for AS/CoP then you probably end up losing DPS overall due to the hit to intellect. 2 sets is pretty difficult to achieve until guilds get further into progression so I'm stuck with crit/haste/MS gear for ST fights.

Speaking of ST, how much of a rough DPS increase (% wise) is the 4set for CoP and AS? I'm hoping to get it this week since my luck has been pretty dire. I ask this because due to my gear currently favoring crit/haste/MS, I'm wondering if its worth it to go AS for ST fights rather than CoP. Tried it earlier on Gruul mythic and DPS was pretty similar with decent procs while lacking 4set.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2015-03-05 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found simply from garrison missions/rolls/gear that would otherwise go to DE that I have been able to fashion somewhat of a second set for CoP, with my main set focusing on AS. It's only about 4 items that I switch and it's not a substantial difference, but there's no harm in small increases for varying fight types.

AS is a great deal more fun for me at least. I like knowing that multi-dotting provides solid dps increases and it surely does with orb generation on fights like Beastlord, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Easier for me, My guild is dogshit so I just play AS the whole time and not give a fuck lol
    Sig by Safhira

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Another observation about Cascade.
    Using it on the Training dummy in Garrison, the animation bounces 4 times.
    Meaning that according to the animation, you should have 5 hits - but only 3 of them count.

If the animation is bugged, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think other aspects might not be working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    Another observation about Cascade.
    Using it on the Training dummy in Garrison, the animation bounces 4 times.
    Meaning that according to the animation, you should have 5 hits - but only 3 of them count.

If the animation is bugged, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think other aspects might not be working as intended.
    i just tested this and my skada doesn't count the initial cascade if you are out of combat. but if you are in combat it tracks all 5. the combat log also shows 5 hits.

edit:
    if you start cascade with the tank dummy out of combat: it shows 4 hits
    if you start with the wizard dummy out of combat: it shows 3 hits
    if you start fully in combat: 5 hits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapezilla View Post
    Generally, yes, unless you just been swapped in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post

A newbie is open to learn and improve.

A baddie doesn't want to learn to learn or improve, and at the slightest hint of something which remotely resembles criticism will start a tantrum.

You clearly encountered a newbie.

I encounter newbies every week on Iron Maidens on my alts. I tell them in /w or in /raid about Spectral Guise. Some reply in disbelief, a lot adapt and switch to it, and some stubbornly refuse to take this goddamn talent. The latter are the idiots or the baddies because they refuse to learn. I hate them with a passion, because the newbie will eventually (sometimes quite quick if I may add) learn and adapt while the baddies will just keep the group down, die, and then cry for gear they don't deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I tell them in /w or in /raid about Spectral Guise.
    What's about Spectral Guise?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I love AS and cascade First time doing heroic beastlord.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

Probably been answered 1 million times, but at what % of raid buffed crit it safe to go AS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    What's about Spectral Guise?
    It removes Penetrating shot, wich can be a life saver durning bombs/last phase.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    It removes Penetrating shot, wich can be a life saver durning bombs/last phase.
    And Blood Ritual. The graphics stay but the damage portion is gone.

now being 687 ilvl my dps has gone up so much so that im competing in my guild for top 3-5 on most fights which feels great after always ranking 90-98th percentile, sorting by dps in the raid and being at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    And Blood Ritual. The graphics stay but the damage portion is gone.
    Questioning this. Was under the impression that this damage was unavoidable.