Anyone know if Devouring Plague heal can crit on the beta?

Well atm haste is our best stat for VEnt , our 2nd best stat for AS and our 2nd or 3rd best stat for CoP ( I'm still unsure if it's better or worse than MS for CoP, though I'm tending to prefer MS to Haste when picking my gear for CoP fights atm... whatever the difference though it's close I guess ).
    It's a pretty good attunement... Like you can't go wrong with haste.

All they need to do imo is fix insanity a bit. I'd like using it more than once per DP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Phruity View Post
    The ticks won't crit, but the heal does benefit from crit because if the DP crits then the resulting heal will be higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    With the removal of haste breakpoints and snapshotting, haste lost like 95% of it's importance.
    I disagree. Haste breakpoints did two things in MoP.

1) Increased Devouring Plague's damage by adding extra ticks.
    2) Increased the amount of time you could spend casting spells besides DoTs. Haste over breakpoints generally decreased the length of your DoTs such that you had to spend a tiny bit more time refreshing them.

Haste still scales pretty well in WoD. Instead of increasing each Devouring Plague's damage like in MoP, increased Haste will increase the number of Mind Blasts you get which increases the number of Devouring Plagues you can do.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown
    8/10M - 10hr raiding schedule

Twitter: @Tanned_
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/tanned_priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanned View Post

2) Increased the amount of time you could spend casting spells besides DoTs. Haste over breakpoints generally decreased the length of your DoTs such that you had to spend a tiny bit more time refreshing them.

Haste still scales pretty well in WoD. Instead of increasing each Devouring Plague's damage like in MoP, increased Haste will increase the number of Mind Blasts you get which increases the number of Devouring Plagues you can do.
    Not only that, but #2 still functions as well. GCD goes down, but dot duration stays the same and more ticks per application occur.
    {[( )]}

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanned View Post

1) Increased Devouring Plague's damage by adding extra ticks.

Haste providing shorter MB CD is pretty useless especially when you spec into CoP/AS.
    (And I noticed on beta, you need huge chunks of haste to lower your MB considerably)

Obviously you want somewhat haste, but I doubt stacking it like in MoP will add the same value of damage it did for MoP, probably a lot less.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    Haste providing shorter MB CD is pretty useless especially when you spec into CoP/AS.
    (And I noticed on beta, you need huge chunks of haste to lower your MB considerably)

Obviously you want somewhat haste, but I doubt stacking it like in MoP will add the same value of damage it did for MoP, probably a lot less.
    That's intentional though, they don't want us to be a one-secondary-stat-pony: they don't want anyone to be that. Sometimes we end up like that, and they're too lazy to fix it - but generally they consider it a good thing when "just stack haste" isn't the extent of a specs itemization.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Ya know I have been testing a AS / insanity build w/ GoSW: D. I like it, it does decent damage so far as I can tell. I pretty close to my Fire mage, though Frost mage has like a 1k lead at least my own dummy testing.

It has more of the style I like, Soon as they get MF up to speed I think it will do really well.

Oh BTW if they buff MF will the directly effect Insanity?

That though is with just 591 ilvl gear though, I'm not sure how scaling will effect the specs Spriest and Mage.
    Last edited by Valkaneer; 2014-08-27 at 03:14 AM.

MF buffs/nerfs do not affect Insanity.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phruity View Post
    It will heal for exactly the amount of damage it does. So if your target dies after 3 DP ticks, you lose the self healing from the other 3 ticks.

Most specs keep something which can snapshot, but generally dot snapshotting is gone. DP will still snapshot (which is a plus with a trinket like BBoY, UVLS, or even on use and haste proc trinkets). It either crits, or it does not. When it crits, the ticks DP does will also crit which leads to you getting more healing. In a world of triage healing this self healing is quite significant.

Because DP still benefits from haste, a haste proc trinket could allow more ticks. You also need to remember you can always overwrite one DP with another one. You'll get a new DP which partly benefits from a double DP for the duration. No DPS is being lost here, possibly on the contrary depending on factors such as you being orb capped or having procs lined up. Apart for potential overhealing there is also no HPS loss there.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    It will heal for exactly the amount of damage it does. So if your target dies after 3 DP ticks, you lose the self healing from the other 3 ticks.

Most specs keep something which can snapshot, but generally dot snapshotting is gone. DP will still snapshot (which is a plus with a trinket like BBoY, UVLS, or even on use and haste proc trinkets). It either crits, or it does not. When it crits, the ticks DP does will also crit which leads to you getting more healing. In a world of triage healing this self healing is quite significant.

Because DP still benefits from haste, a haste proc trinket could allow more ticks. You also need to remember you can always overwrite one DP with another one. You'll get a new DP which partly benefits from a double DP for the duration. No DPS is being lost here, possibly on the contrary depending on factors such as you being orb capped or having procs lined up. Apart for potential overhealing there is also no HPS loss there.
    Also: If the DP target has a damage reduction buff like for example def stance + shield wall, the resulting devouring plague will heal for much less. No other spec has it's only self heal tied to their damage.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Also: If the DP target has a damage reduction buff like for example def stance + shield wall, the resulting devouring plague will heal for much less. No other spec has it's only self heal tied to their damage.
    This part of it doesn't bother me so much, in theory. If DP's target has defensives up then it's likely because they're on the defensive, and thus DP's heal component isn't that important to us at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Because DP still benefits from haste, a haste proc trinket could allow more ticks.
    False. DP will always tick, at most, 6 times in WoD. Haste will simply increase the ticking speed while decreasing the duration of DP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    This part of it doesn't bother me so much, in theory. If DP's target has defensives up then it's likely because they're on the defensive, and thus DP's heal component isn't that important to us at that moment.
    Unless you anticipate PvPing against warriors next season, in which case they are permanently in Defensive Stance - and have Mortal Strike - so our healing is like 1/4th versus them? Actually I should check if Mortal Strike still applies.... mortal strike - I want to call it Grievous Wounds haha

(League of Legends name for 50% healing reduction)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Kulle View Post
    False. DP will always tick, at most, 6 times in WoD. Haste will simply increase the ticking speed while decreasing the duration of DP.
    Unless you refresh it early (or it multistrikes, which counts as a refresh), then it does 7 ticks.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing In beta now for a while and seriouesly.. other Spriest saying I shouldn't post anything about it, but here you go.. chakra damage buff for Spriests and it stacks with everything.. 80 k mindblasts.

http://i.imgur.com/ZxfZKkj.jpg

#fairandbalanced

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Playing In beta now for a while and seriouesly.. other Spriest saying I shouldn't post anything about it, but here you go.. chakra damage buff for Spriests and it stacks with everything.. 80 k mindblasts.

http://i.imgur.com/ZxfZKkj.jpg
    haha I always liked those bug.

Homophobia is so gay.

So uh. Get out your torches and pitchforks?

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...91153682190336

"The solution is a mix. MFlay's damage is being tweaked, and SW:P's direct damage will no longer proc SApps/SInsight."

One or the other would have been fine, but I suppose the second one is the simplest solution to SW:P spam.

All this is going to do though is push Shadow back to CoP for ST/duration cleave, while AS will be slightly more useful when there will be adds that only live long enough / have enough HP for 1 or 2 applications of SW:P, and VEnt will still be exclusively for whenever we see Guardians/Dark Shaman again.

*single manly tear*

To bad, liked it with CoP - MS filler, VEnt - MF filler, AS - SW: P filler
    But it had to happen, since they dont want casters to be mobile, and using an instant as filler IS as mobile as we could get
    Hoping they buff MF enough, so that AS is still competitive with CoP in Patchwork fights