Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    What???? Don't compare us to other classes?? LOL.... That is what 90% of this thread is doing. BTW that is how you do balance, by comparing one class to another.

For a class that is already wrecking Spriest and every other class for that matter, there should not be any buff. BTW Shadow is a Dps spec, not a healing one, I do not compare Shadow to prot or any non dps spec.
    First of all, no, 90% of this thread isn't comparing us to other classes, only you are. Second, Spriests are fairly high on damage and the spec, arms, that you think is wrecking every class has seen nerf after nerf after nerf and will continue to see more nerfs. I'd go to list the nerfs, but you obviously don't care to know what you're talking about. The one buff warriors did get was to fury and only when they use one handed weapons, a single under performing aspect of that spec. So again, don't compare us to other classes, specially when you're only comparing the buffs and nerfs. And never compare us to melee.
    Last edited by BobAwesome; 2014-08-28 at 03:51 PM.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    I think they will try fit another xpac in before the N'zoth lore, more than likely something like "The Legion Rises". They have kinda been a bit erratic since the Lich King timeline/story came to its conclusion.

If the next xpac's are not compelling and interesting then im they are going to shoot themselves in the foot as a little game called "The Eternal Crusade" is out end of 2015 which if its done right will be amazing.

40K universe>>>>>WoW Universe

A N'zoth expansion wouldn't feature the draenei though. WoD has draenei, so it is good. I like draenei. A lot.
    Last edited by Shahad; 2014-08-28 at 06:05 PM.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    A N'zoth expansion wouldn't feature the draenei though. WoD has draenei, so it is good. I like draenei. A lot.
    From that nice cinematic if that was the only info you had about WoD would you know draenei were involved at all?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    From that nice cinematic if that was the only info you had about WoD would you know draenei were involved at all?
    Draenor Draenei. You know just by the name. (I know Draenor is not the homeland of the Draenei).

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    The MoP cinematic didn't have any Mogu in it, or Sha. And those guys were pretty important.

Anyhow, at this point I don't care. I just want some tentacle-faced love.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    The MoP cinematic didn't have any Mogu in it, or Sha.
    Murlocs are always relevant. They do live along the coastlines doing all those gurgle murgle sounds after all.

Wait wha? Wrong thread?

I do love me some murlocs.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    First of all, no, 90% of this thread isn't comparing us to other classes, only you are. Second, Spriests are fairly high on damage and the spec, arms, that you think is wrecking every class has seen nerf after nerf after nerf and will continue to see more nerfs. I'd go to list the nerfs, but you obviously don't care to know what you're talking about. The one buff warriors did get was to fury and only when they use one handed weapons, a single under performing aspect of that spec. So again, don't compare us to other classes, specially when you're only comparing the buffs and nerfs. And never compare us to melee.
    LOL ok, 1/10? WoL, Raidbots, Skada, Recount, SimC, all used to compare dps of all classes. I can see your not a raider, You have only attempted to do SoO 1 time on normal. Not like you really care about dps charts anyway. So your either trolling, or Spriest is not your main and a melee is. I will compare any dps I like, it's part of the game. Oh look a quote from a moderator comparing Spriest to warriors....

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Some of our damage was overtuned a couple builds ago, it's since been nerfed - but Shadow has at no point been anywhere remotely close to Warriors. Warriors have been practically doubling everyone elses damage all beta without a nerf - the sim isn't lying in that regard (though I agree it's undervaluing Shadow there, we're definitely not the bottom).
    BTW the moderator also says, yes warriors have been wrecking every other class's dps. Sorry man but I'm not ok with a 5 or 10k dps difference. Not to mention I soloed a lvl 100 Elite in the Beta with my premaid 591 ilvl Gladiator and lvl 100 Silver rare with my warrior had over half my hp left when I kill them. Not to mention that the SimC which while not perfect at all still has Fury smashing every other class and all ranged classes by over 5k, and Fury was the spec to get buffed.
    Last edited by Valkaneer; 2014-08-28 at 08:03 PM.

BC was a 2 Tier expansion as well... and I'm still thinking KJ didn't take kindly to us shutting the door in his face. So my bets are that there will be one 'surprise' raid tier, and KJ will be back...with legs. And I'm really hoping that they do a lot of work with Arrakoa... especially so they're nice and complete before they join the Horde.

Otherwise, when it comes to balancing, the DP change from 375%x2 -> 300%x2 SP is probably going to go a long ways towards keeping AS in check (As well as CoP). Also, since VEnt was brought up to its original value, its now much more of a relative gain. I've been saying for a while now that mindflay was just too low compared to everything else, its good to see the devs are seeing why. Otherwise, SWP spam while mobile isn't a huge problem as long as its a noticeable loss compared to mindflay.

Although, I think the original reason SWP's initial damage was considered periodic was precisely so it couldn't be used to kill things like totems. It'll be interesting to see if they let us keep that.
    Last edited by Blackmorgrim; 2014-08-28 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    LOL ok, 1/10? WoL, Raidbots, Skada, Recount, SimC, all used to compare dps of all classes. I can see your not a raider, You have only attempted to do SoO 1 time on normal. Not like you really care about dps charts anyway. So your either trolling, or Spriest is not your main and a melee is. I will compare any dps I like, it's part of the game. Oh look a quote from a moderator comparing Spriest to warriors....

BTW the moderator also says, yes warriors have been wrecking every other class's dps. Sorry man but I'm not ok with a 5 or 10k dps difference. Not to mention I soloed a lvl 100 Elite in the Beta with my premaid 591 ilvl Gladiator and lvl 100 Silver rare with my warrior had over half my hp left when I kill them. Not to mention that the SimC which while not perfect at all still has Fury smashing every other class and all ranged classes by over 5k, and Fury was the spec to get buffed.
    You clearly don't know how betas or balancing works. You're going off charts that are 3+ builds old. Stop crying like a child about who's getting buffs and who isn't, when the tuning has just started. Focus on having constructive discussions about the class you play so positive changes can happen. This is the priest forum, not the mage forum. Go there if you want to whine about outdated data and throw temper tantrums.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    You clearly don't know how betas or balancing works. You're going off charts that are 3+ builds old. Stop crying like a child about who's getting buffs and who isn't, when the tuning has just started. Focus on having constructive discussions about the class you play so positive changes can happen. This is the priest forum, not the mage forum. Go there if you want to whine about outdated data and throw temper tantrums.
    Wrong again.. Charts are off build 18764. So that is current. So stop the trolling.

You do realize the devs are 3-5 builds ahead of what we see, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    You do realize the devs are 3-5 builds ahead of what we see, right?
    Yes, Though my information has been correct, my information is not old. I have said nothing new that has not been being said multiple times by multiple people in the last 10 pages about the current build (save the comment about the buffs to warriors while the Spriest was still getting nerfed). I'm not going to quote all the post doing so, that would be quite a long post, and he can go read it for himself. The nerf in the next build is directly from the SW:P spam that happened in the current build. So they do and can make corrections from back to back Builds.
    Last edited by Valkaneer; 2014-08-29 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Word: Pain's initial damage is now considered direct damage, not periodic damage.

Shadow Word: Pain's initial hit can no longer trigger Shadowy Apparitions or Shadowy Insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Shadow Word: Pain's initial damage is now considered direct damage, not periodic damage.

Shadow Word: Pain's initial hit can no longer trigger Shadowy Apparitions or Shadowy Insight.
    You could add "SW:P does not reset tic timer on refresh" for clarity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    You could add "SW:P does not reset tic timer on refresh" for clarity.
    That's how it currently works?

Can anyone confirm the correct answer?

Valkaneer, I dont know what your Problem is. They will tune everything, if Fury is OP now or not, I doubt it will have this 5k DPS advantage when WoD goes live.
    Also: this is the Priest forum and the SPriest thread.
    If fury or arms or whatever is OP - it isnt our problem, aslong as we are balanced and not undertuned.

And from what I read, SPriest are doing pretty well if you compare them to the other DPS-specs which are not cleary overpowered.
    They even managed to make all 3 Talent choices somewhat balanced, what is pretty hard if you look at the different spellpriorities, the statpriorities and our mastery.

As long as Blizzard doesnt screw it now, I would be fine with our state now - ofcourse from what I read, since I dont have a Betakey

Deleted
    I have no clue if this has been asked before, if yes, I am sorry but;

The new talent; Clarity of Power grants us 40% extra damage on Mind Sear, Mind Spike and SW (if SW:P and VT aren't up), also reduces MB CD by 3 sec and makes it instant cast.

Will this make it viable for us to have a rotation consisting of Mind Blast > Mind Spike Fillers, Devouring Plague with which we Stack Mastery to further up the damage on Sear and Spike?
    We can somewhat drop the haste in the "usual" DoT rotation and go for Mastery as priority stat.

This gives us a much more nuke-y feel with a good/decent AoE without having to DoT or Multi-Dot.

Main concern: Is it viable?

That is exactly what the talent is designed to do. Yes, it is viable.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>