Page 9 of 196 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mpougatsa View Post
    question: did they fix halo do not require add on for distance?
    No. Halo's spell animation expands much faster now which is something, but still does optimal damage around 25 yards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erohol View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I'm really liking the way that CoP is working out right now.
    I would agree that I feel like it might need a little more complexity on single target - especially if you don't take SoD and SI to go with it (or can't benefit from them for a particular fight) - but I think that tuning will go a long way towards fixing that.

As it is, it's pretty much not worth it to use MF during DP if you can use the time for other things (SoD procs, movement, dotting up adds)
    but if Insanity-the-Talent is no longer as awesome as it is on live, then perhaps making it baseline could help.

Perhaps replace Insanity with a talent that either spreads SW:P and/or VT (most likely just VT, because of AS being a talent and SW:P being instant) to targets hit by Mind Sear, or one that makes DP hit all targets in a radius around the central target for, say, 66%/33% damage.

A CoP where MF is worth casting in a pure single target situation then concerns itself with MS, MB, DP, MF, or 4 rotational buttons (5 inside execute) and in a multidot situation, SW:P and VT make 6(7).

Compare this to an Insanity/ToF/AS build, MF, MB, DP, VT, SW:P makes 5 rotational abilities (6 execute) for pure single target, and 5 in multidot.

What I've been doing, and have found incredibly fun (if perhaps not mathematically optimal) is to spec Body and Soul and to glyph Reflective Shield and Weakened Soul.
    I'm incredibly mobile because of this, and with an 8 second Weakened Soul, I can theoretically maintain 100% uptime on a shield of between ~25k HP and ~50k HP. Reflecting 70% of that back means up to ~17.5k damage and ~35k damage over 8 to 15 seconds for one GCD. Sure, it's nothing to write home about, but considering everything else I get with it (spood beest, shield) that's kind of awesome. Raiding with a Disc Priest could interfere with this plan, but it works for me, and gives me another button to press on an almost rotational basis, thus upping the complexity of CoP.

---

Void Entropy is, well... It needs a redesign. It's been talked about at length.

Auspicious Spirits will likely go live as it is, and be tweaked in various ways throughout the course of the expansion.
    In 6.1, they'll buff the rate at which you proc Apparitions as a way to buff single target damage for non-CoP Spriests, thus breaking multi-target balance.
    Where CoP briefly reigned champion in a situation where you could dot up adds/council members for procs, AS will wind up giving 2 targets enough procs to maintain 100% uptime on DP on one target. 6.2 will see them tweak the proc chance again, but new raid gear will make sure that the problem persists.
    6.3 will see a cap put into place on the amount of Apparitions you can proc. Combined with a new design for Void Entropy finally arriving and making it suddenly worth casting, utilizing it optimally will see it as the leading 100 talent by a whopping 5% dps.

---

Psychic Horror is a little too awesome, and I accept the inevitable change of the perk that increased its duration by 2 more seconds. The new pvp 4 piece makes it okay.
    The pvp 2 piece is sub-par, even at the level of numbers, as the amount of Versatility that is proc'd provides less than 1% damage reduction.
    I'd also prefer to see more defense being spread out across the rest of our utility rather than stapled to the back-end of an already defensive-cooldown, but I run Reflective Shield / Body and Soul, so I'm pretty okay for now.

---

Finally, Vampiric Touch either needs a name change or something to replace the mana return. It is neither Vampiric nor Touchy in its current form.
    The old pvp dispel-fear effect is now baseline for it, so anything too helpful might be too much. But say, a 5%/10%/15% leech effect (capped/target) could prove interesting. It'd be a huge boost to SPriest survivability, and it would provide an interesting problem for PVP. Do you dispel VT and eat the fear to hurt the SPriest's survivability, or do you DPS through it?
    1. Generally you don't really have many SoD procs during DP, maybe if you are lucky. So you'll still have time for one MF (90% of the time).
    2. I don't see SA being able to get double DP's at 100% uptime on more than one target, even on one target I sincerely doubt it.
    3. I don't see void entropy survive through the beta, they'll change it pretty soon for something we already had in the past, and lost.
    4. Reflective shield won't end up as a dps increase, it doesn't even proc on 99% of all boss abilities currently, doubt it will do in wod.
    Last edited by mmoc19ee780deb; 2014-07-22 at 09:53 PM.

CoP

So, I have tested haste stacking, multistrike stacking, and mastery stacking. Am I doing something wrong? because at 150% mastery I do less dps than I do with 50% haste/66% mastery.
    at lvl 91 I am doing 22k dps with multistrike, 21k with haste, 18k with mastery. What are you guys getting

Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    1. Generally you don't really have many SoD procs during DP, maybe if you are lucky. So you'll still have time for one MF (90% of the time).
    2. I don't see SA being able to get double DP's at 100% uptime on more than one target, even on one target I sincerely doubt it.
    3. I don't see void entropy survive through the beta, they'll change it pretty soon for something we already had in the past, and lost.
    4. Reflective shield won't end up as a dps increase, it doesn't even proc on 99% of all boss abilities currently, doubt it will do in wod.
    1) You are correct, but a 20% proc rate is still a 20% proc rate, and instant, supercharged MS are still pretty great. The problem is that compared to those MS', CoP's MF doesn't "feel" strong enough. Maybe putting MF on CoP too?
    2) I was mostly being ridiculous about how balance is possibly going to go. And I was saying If A+B, then 100% DP uptime on A or B.
    3) *brofist*
    4) Oh, no, it's definitely, mostlikely, not a DPS increase. But I like it, and with the build I've been using, PW:S has become an incredibly useful button that has made CoP "more complex". Granted, I've been mostly playing PVP on the beta, so I can't really speak for its application in PVE, but I have used it to GTFOut of fire, help the healer just a little bit, and feel a little bit better about the tick or two of fire that I took trying to get past it.

So who exactly am I supposed to contact @twitter if I have a question regarding the (wod/6.0) priest class? Holinka?

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    So who exactly am I supposed to contact @twitter if I have a question regarding the (wod/6.0) priest class? Holinka?
    Celestalon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holinka for PvP, yes
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Eh they're both ignoring my question. Thank's anyway.
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2014-07-24 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Eh they're both ignoring my question. Thank's anyway.
    I know that feeling, never got a reply. But well, I hope they still read it. :/

I'm hoping they go back to Mind Flay's Perk giving us +1 tick in the same duration or making the current one cut MF's channel time in half. Also, would be fun to see VEnt replaced by a talent that makes we fire 2-3 MF each channel (like the MW talent that got scraped).

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
    I'm hoping they go back to Mind Flay's Perk giving us +1 tick in the same duration or making the current one cut MF's channel time in half. Also, would be fun to see VEnt replaced by a talent that makes we fire 2-3 MF each channel (like the MW talent that got scraped).
    Mind Flay's perk is still +1 tick in the same channel time. They never changed it, just the wording. VEnt itself still has potential, as soon as they make it stop competing for orbs with DP.

For those of you not on the Beta, I made a detailed writeup of my feedback for the lvl 100 talents in the Consolidated Shadow feedback thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7191?page=3#58

Keep in mind, my feedback is more about rotation feel, as numbers tuning is not done. Mind spike is overtuned, whereas mind flay is undertuned. So my feedback mainly tries to talk about damage in only relative senses, using current numbers only as examples when I do.
    Last edited by Blackmorgrim; 2014-07-25 at 03:15 PM.

Shadow is the cheap whore of this exp, like always. Build after build it gets 0 changes, and Celestalon totally ignore all the comments. Everybody blames about 0 defenses, VEnt etc, and he just says "we havent tuning". Shadow issues arent a tuning stuff, but dont worry, he is very concerned about warriors, elementals and balances.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    Mind Flay's perk is still +1 tick in the same channel time. They never changed it, just the wording. VEnt itself still has potential, as soon as they make it stop competing for orbs with DP.
    Rofl, I never cared/didn't even notice. As for VEnt, it would be veeeeeeeeery nice if it provided eternal Insanity and when you have DP up too, MF gets 2x the Insanity bonus.

Maybe I'm just used to relying on dots so much, but I much prefer AS over the other two. With enough crit, I can see it being pretty amazing, even on single target fights, although mastery is still a huge part of it since you'd be running insanity along with it. CoP seems great, just a lot more situational, and I don't know it's going to be much of an increase, but we'll see when we get some raid gear.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow is the cheap whore of this exp, like always. Build after build it gets 0 changes, and Celestalon totally ignore all the comments. Everybody blames about 0 defenses, VEnt etc, and he just says "we havent tuning". Shadow issues arent a tuning stuff, but dont worry, he is very concerned about warriors, elementals and balances.
    New mastery
    New talents to compliment new mastery
    Mind harvest
    5 shadow orbs
    Single target rotation

What?

New mastery---> a boring and unbalanced stuff cause old mastery now is multistrike.
    New talents like everyone.
    A glyph. Wow.
    Like palas.
    What single target? By a talent? Shadow is the only one spec in the game with its class mechanics in the talents. The only one.

So you're playing a DPS hybrid specc and you're actually complaining that you have more than 1 ways to play it? Damn...
    I really like the talent disparity. How is the new mastery unbalanced? Numbers haven't even been fixed yet on beta, I mean really...
    Yes new talents like everyone with the difference that both the mastery and the talents help in the field where everybody was crying their eyes out during this expansion, single target dps and giving us switching power by popping dots on our target and just killing adds real fast. While also giving a talent that will make us as good as we are now on multitarget. A glyph that on multi target fights is going to be the best thing you've ever seen, also from what I can see on beta shadoworbs don't fade away so we'll still be able to start fights with 3 orbs w/o the glyph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Shadow actually has really strong defenses atm, we're still very vulnerable to lockdown, but all we need is one break and we can easily say alive for a healer or our next DP in PVP. Everyone tends to look at what they took away, but everyone glosses over what we've always had.

PWS is extremely powerful for us right now. With the leveling perk, weakened soul is now 10 seconds. With the weakened soul glyph its 8 seconds. Remember that PWS can crit and multistrike for ALL PRIESTS now. While duels are not always a good marker, in testing out how much damage I could take/dish out with just PWS+weakened soul+reflective shield. I'd say I could last a good 1.5-2 minutes before I'd die, in the meantime reducing the other player's health by anywhere between 25%-50% (This is with them using shields/healing of their own, and me ONLY using my PWS button). You can combine that in quite a few ways:

Body and Soul: a speed burst up to every 8 seconds. Due to crit and multistrike, you may run into "a more power spell is active" errors. If you're more concerned about the speed than the protection, then a simple /cancelaura macro will solve that.

Glyph of Power Word: Shield: Need more healing? Convert 20% of your shield into an instant heal. While leveling, many enemies might not even break your shields ever at 95+ so this glyph can help recover lost health.

Glyph of Reflective Shield: In earlier levels (90-94) before you get some of the better perks, you might be using PWS on cd. This lets you recover at least some of the damage by reflecting back 70% of your absorb back at your enemies. If I remember correctly on the Beta (I'll double check when its back up) my shield was absorbing around 18-20k health, that's 12.6-14k damage back. Keep in mind that Mind Blast is hitting for around 18k non crit with CoP, so the damage isn't too shabby.

Glyph of Weakened Soul: Reduces your the duration of any weakened soul effect you apply by 2 seconds. This glyph can be taken in addition to Reflective Shield or PWS glyph.

In regards to Glyph of Mind Harvest, its a great leveling glyph. It could have uses in multitarget with VEnt, and be very good coupled with SI and spawning adds. Otherwise, its penalty of +4 seconds to the MB cd is very detrimental to overall DPS in most situations.

And anyone who thinks Blizz doesn't listen to feedback about priests is mistaken. Our entire lvl 100 row is 100% based off of feedback.

Clarity of Power: There has been a very significant section of priest players that have voiced their dislike of dot maintenance since Wrath. These are not always shadow players but many times people who heal and have a dps offspec. Players in holy or disc are probably more familiar with hardcasts, than maintaining multiple dots. (echo of light is more just passive, leaving renew by itself) Thus with a mastery based build, it should be very compatible with healer based sets. For shadow players who would like so see spike used, just want a change from DoTs, or just like the function of direct damage better, they also have a build.

Auspicious Spirits: This is a more mobile, versatile build that can adapt to both single and multitarget. This is a build for a priest that wants to shake things up with a little chaos mixed in the rotation, but you still have the feel of a dot class, mixed in with a bit of burst from the high DP presence. You'll also always have the huge raid presence from this army of shadow apparitions you'll have flying everywhere.

VEnt: This is shadow classic. All DoTs all the time (with the occasional Mind Blast). If you've been playing shadow forever, you'll feel right at home. VEnt is king of multidot. (Even though it might still need tweaking)

I think Blizzard is very aware with how popular Shadow is. At the end of Cata, Shadow was more played than all other caster dps specs combined. I think these lvl 100 talents also give a variety that might allow people who only play a priest for dps, sort of a taste of what other pure dps casters have to offer. This makes a priest more like a 'gateway' caster. Rather than just trying to nerf a spec we love and make us abandon it for spec diversity. Giving priests some elements in common with other casters will allow people who can't handle being expected to heal in addition to dps the ability to transition to a more pure DPS class.
    Last edited by Blackmorgrim; 2014-07-25 at 11:23 PM.

And if they don't deign to make any of that information public, or even so much as attempt basic reassurance, then they have only themselves to blame if we don't telepathically glean that everything is going to be okay.

Hell, Void Entropy still consumes five shadow orbs. It only cares about the first three for damage, but it'll happily eat all five. Not even so much as a peep about it.

Deleted

Need help! WoD SP!

So I just decided to try out SP and messed around with the level 100 talents a bit. Was wondering what is currently the highest output build with what stats ect .

ty

Not seeing much beta discussion here... just a lot of rable rable..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSQg1i_q2g point proven

So how is shadow playing in the beta? I myself haven't gotten an invite yet (cough cough veteran invites bs). But am highly curious on how it plays atm shadow is my number 2 choice for a main since holy is my fav healing spec. I never quite liked shadow tho. Talents suggest ( last i read could have changed by now ) that a direct damage option would be viable (again) over dotting.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM