Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I may be in the minority here, but I'm really liking the way that CoP is working out right now.
    I would agree that I feel like it might need a little more complexity on single target - especially if you don't take SoD and SI to go with it (or can't benefit from them for a particular fight) - but I think that tuning will go a long way towards fixing that.

As it is, it's pretty much not worth it to use MF during DP if you can use the time for other things (SoD procs, movement, dotting up adds)
    but if Insanity-the-Talent is no longer as awesome as it is on live, then perhaps making it baseline could help.

Perhaps replace Insanity with a talent that either spreads SW:P and/or VT (most likely just VT, because of AS being a talent and SW:P being instant) to targets hit by Mind Sear, or one that makes DP hit all targets in a radius around the central target for, say, 66%/33% damage.

A CoP where MF is worth casting in a pure single target situation then concerns itself with MS, MB, DP, MF, or 4 rotational buttons (5 inside execute) and in a multidot situation, SW:P and VT make 6(7).

Compare this to an Insanity/ToF/AS build, MF, MB, DP, VT, SW:P makes 5 rotational abilities (6 execute) for pure single target, and 5 in multidot.

What I've been doing, and have found incredibly fun (if perhaps not mathematically optimal) is to spec Body and Soul and to glyph Reflective Shield and Weakened Soul.
    I'm incredibly mobile because of this, and with an 8 second Weakened Soul, I can theoretically maintain 100% uptime on a shield of between ~25k HP and ~50k HP. Reflecting 70% of that back means up to ~17.5k damage and ~35k damage over 8 to 15 seconds for one GCD. Sure, it's nothing to write home about, but considering everything else I get with it (spood beest, shield) that's kind of awesome. Raiding with a Disc Priest could interfere with this plan, but it works for me, and gives me another button to press on an almost rotational basis, thus upping the complexity of CoP.

---

Void Entropy is, well... It needs a redesign. It's been talked about at length.

Auspicious Spirits will likely go live as it is, and be tweaked in various ways throughout the course of the expansion.
    In 6.1, they'll buff the rate at which you proc Apparitions as a way to buff single target damage for non-CoP Spriests, thus breaking multi-target balance.
    Where CoP briefly reigned champion in a situation where you could dot up adds/council members for procs, AS will wind up giving 2 targets enough procs to maintain 100% uptime on DP on one target. 6.2 will see them tweak the proc chance again, but new raid gear will make sure that the problem persists.
    6.3 will see a cap put into place on the amount of Apparitions you can proc. Combined with a new design for Void Entropy finally arriving and making it suddenly worth casting, utilizing it optimally will see it as the leading 100 talent by a whopping 5% dps.

---

Psychic Horror is a little too awesome, and I accept the inevitable change of the perk that increased its duration by 2 more seconds. The new pvp 4 piece makes it okay.
    The pvp 2 piece is sub-par, even at the level of numbers, as the amount of Versatility that is proc'd provides less than 1% damage reduction.
    I'd also prefer to see more defense being spread out across the rest of our utility rather than stapled to the back-end of an already defensive-cooldown, but I run Reflective Shield / Body and Soul, so I'm pretty okay for now.

---

Finally, Vampiric Touch either needs a name change or something to replace the mana return. It is neither Vampiric nor Touchy in its current form.
    The old pvp dispel-fear effect is now baseline for it, so anything too helpful might be too much. But say, a 5%/10%/15% leech effect (capped/target) could prove interesting. It'd be a huge boost to SPriest survivability, and it would provide an interesting problem for PVP. Do you dispel VT and eat the fear to hurt the SPriest's survivability, or do you DPS through it?

Quote Originally Posted by mpougatsa View Post
    question: did they fix halo do not require add on for distance?
    No. Halo's spell animation expands much faster now which is something, but still does optimal damage around 25 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Erohol View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I'm really liking the way that CoP is working out right now.
    I would agree that I feel like it might need a little more complexity on single target - especially if you don't take SoD and SI to go with it (or can't benefit from them for a particular fight) - but I think that tuning will go a long way towards fixing that.

As it is, it's pretty much not worth it to use MF during DP if you can use the time for other things (SoD procs, movement, dotting up adds)
    but if Insanity-the-Talent is no longer as awesome as it is on live, then perhaps making it baseline could help.

Perhaps replace Insanity with a talent that either spreads SW:P and/or VT (most likely just VT, because of AS being a talent and SW:P being instant) to targets hit by Mind Sear, or one that makes DP hit all targets in a radius around the central target for, say, 66%/33% damage.

A CoP where MF is worth casting in a pure single target situation then concerns itself with MS, MB, DP, MF, or 4 rotational buttons (5 inside execute) and in a multidot situation, SW:P and VT make 6(7).

Compare this to an Insanity/ToF/AS build, MF, MB, DP, VT, SW:P makes 5 rotational abilities (6 execute) for pure single target, and 5 in multidot.

What I've been doing, and have found incredibly fun (if perhaps not mathematically optimal) is to spec Body and Soul and to glyph Reflective Shield and Weakened Soul.
    I'm incredibly mobile because of this, and with an 8 second Weakened Soul, I can theoretically maintain 100% uptime on a shield of between ~25k HP and ~50k HP. Reflecting 70% of that back means up to ~17.5k damage and ~35k damage over 8 to 15 seconds for one GCD. Sure, it's nothing to write home about, but considering everything else I get with it (spood beest, shield) that's kind of awesome. Raiding with a Disc Priest could interfere with this plan, but it works for me, and gives me another button to press on an almost rotational basis, thus upping the complexity of CoP.

---

Void Entropy is, well... It needs a redesign. It's been talked about at length.

Auspicious Spirits will likely go live as it is, and be tweaked in various ways throughout the course of the expansion.
    In 6.1, they'll buff the rate at which you proc Apparitions as a way to buff single target damage for non-CoP Spriests, thus breaking multi-target balance.
    Where CoP briefly reigned champion in a situation where you could dot up adds/council members for procs, AS will wind up giving 2 targets enough procs to maintain 100% uptime on DP on one target. 6.2 will see them tweak the proc chance again, but new raid gear will make sure that the problem persists.
    6.3 will see a cap put into place on the amount of Apparitions you can proc. Combined with a new design for Void Entropy finally arriving and making it suddenly worth casting, utilizing it optimally will see it as the leading 100 talent by a whopping 5% dps.

---

Psychic Horror is a little too awesome, and I accept the inevitable change of the perk that increased its duration by 2 more seconds. The new pvp 4 piece makes it okay.
    The pvp 2 piece is sub-par, even at the level of numbers, as the amount of Versatility that is proc'd provides less than 1% damage reduction.
    I'd also prefer to see more defense being spread out across the rest of our utility rather than stapled to the back-end of an already defensive-cooldown, but I run Reflective Shield / Body and Soul, so I'm pretty okay for now.

---

Finally, Vampiric Touch either needs a name change or something to replace the mana return. It is neither Vampiric nor Touchy in its current form.
    The old pvp dispel-fear effect is now baseline for it, so anything too helpful might be too much. But say, a 5%/10%/15% leech effect (capped/target) could prove interesting. It'd be a huge boost to SPriest survivability, and it would provide an interesting problem for PVP. Do you dispel VT and eat the fear to hurt the SPriest's survivability, or do you DPS through it?
    1. Generally you don't really have many SoD procs during DP, maybe if you are lucky. So you'll still have time for one MF (90% of the time).
    2. I don't see SA being able to get double DP's at 100% uptime on more than one target, even on one target I sincerely doubt it.
    3. I don't see void entropy survive through the beta, they'll change it pretty soon for something we already had in the past, and lost.
    4. Reflective shield won't end up as a dps increase, it doesn't even proc on 99% of all boss abilities currently, doubt it will do in wod.
    Last edited by Hazori; Today at 09:53 PM.

CoP

So, I have tested haste stacking, multistrike stacking, and mastery stacking. Am I doing something wrong? because at 150% mastery I do less dps than I do with 50% haste/66% mastery.
    at lvl 91 I am doing 22k dps with multistrike, 21k with haste, 18k with mastery. What are you guys getting