Quote Originally Posted by Deflow View Post
    I would say just hold on, Blizzard balances things eventually
    http://i.imgur.com/qV0Yk2t.jpg

...my thoughts on Blizzard's definition of balance in MoP.

But hopefully they've learned.

So I guess the nerfs were pretty big, since I jumped up several spots.

I'm curious though if anyone can explain this to me. I like to look at logs after raid of how others did and a bunch of shadowpriests did exceptional well tonight. I thought no big deal, they probably just played amazingly well, had amazing rng etc...until I looked at their breakdowns.

They are averaging a MUCH higher hit on all their spells for some odd reason. Is there some sort of item that is doing that or something they are abusing? It's a pretty obvious discrepancy that isn't due to procs as far as I can tell. I will investigate further tomorrow when I have time but I'm curious if anyone who is better at looking at logs can see if it's just me being dumb or if there's something up.

Some names like Vil, Strebla, Ære, Flaytality etc.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2014-10-22 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    So I guess the nerfs were pretty big, since I jumped up several spots.

I'm curious though if anyone can explain this to me. I like to look at logs after raid of how others did and a bunch of shadowpriests did exceptional well tonight. I thought no big deal, they probably just played amazingly well, had amazing rng etc...until I looked at their breakdowns.

They are averaging a MUCH higher hit on all their spells for some odd reason. Is there some sort of item that is doing that or something they are abusing? It's a pretty obvious discrepancy that isn't due to procs as far as I can tell. I will investigate further tomorrow when I have time but I'm curious if anyone who is better at looking at logs can see if it's just me being dumb or if there's something up.

Some names like Vil, Strebla, Ære, Flaytality etc.
    They're abusing a bug where you can get the dps chakra from holy in shadowform.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGate View Post
    They're abusing a bug where you can get the dps chakra from holy in shadowform.
    Yeah...I just found out how to do it from "that" forum. That's dumb.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftLogs/sta...20632960339969

i'd recommend you report the logs to the warcraftlogs twitter like i did, they will remove the logs of people that cheated eventually.

Oooh does that mean i'll be 90th percentile when it doesn't count? Sitting at 89 after last nights laughably short Mythic run. 93 second nazgrim? LOL

Also, i ran with what i would say is similarly geared but not better geared players, and it was a battle for top spot between me, fury warriors, and locks on most of our average fights, and just crushed them all on protectors, but the locks didn't play aff (is it broken?). It's hard to get any real idea about our sustained dps though since the longest fight was galakras because of the waves, and then galakras was only up for two DP's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Theres 105 pages of back and forth. Safe to say noone has a clue but most think it will be shit.

As to what to roll? Decide for yourself what you'd like to play. If you are old enough to do up your own shoelaces you should be past asking such stupid questions.
    Have mercy, please. I'm just a noob asking for some friendly advice. I don't know what class will most likely be top DPS because I didn't play beta and I'm not currently playing the game. I'd like to play a class that can compete in terms of DPS. That's all I know.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Warrior or mage if you want to do a lot of dmg. If you want to have fun, that's only something you can answer.
    I quit this game because I felt useless because of my class (Shadow Priest). I think it is safe to say I will have fun if I can contribute to my raid in a way that reflects my skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Have mercy, please. I'm just a noob asking for some friendly advice. I don't know what class will most likely be top DPS because I didn't play beta and I'm not currently playing the game. I'd like to play a class that can compete in terms of DPS. That's all I know.

I quit this game because I felt useless because of my class. I think it is safe to say I will have fun if I can contribute to my raid in a way that reflects my skill level.
    Mage.

/tenchars

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Mage.

/tenchars
    You seem like a trustworthy person=). I'll take your word for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've reported this through every medium that I've got. We'll see what happens going forward.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown
    8/10M - 10hr raiding schedule

Twitter: @Tanned_
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/tanned_priest

Deleted
    Well actually we kind of are at the bottom i have to admit -.- Thought the 10% buff to MF, MS and MB could make difference but it doesnt. But at least they took our survivability away from us right?! I feel so weak all the time.

Again, I know it really does not matter right now, everything is supposed to be scaled to lvl 100, but it still sucks.

Anyways here are our logs from tonight http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...v#type=summary
    because someone mentioned it would be helpful, for whatever reasons. I died on Juggernaut, Malkorok and Spoils due to our fantastic survivability and because we played with 2 heals almost all bosses, except thok and garrosh iirc.

Also to the people who are abusing the bug from charkra... who are you kidding man? is that suppose to impress someone or what...? whatever, hope you had fun

This is not a whine post! I just needed to clarify that shadow is definitely not perfectly fine, which was what I wrote before!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's changing so much it's almost futile trying to get a sense of where we're at.

I did better damage last week but was far better in comparison to everyone else this week. Mind you, our runs at the moment are like a who's who of people derping as much as possible. I got a rank 30 something on Immersius when I went out shadow form to POM ffs - the logs are all over the place and I know my play was crap.

If my comparative damage is like this week though , shadow will be one of the top damage dealers, but it's never as simple as extrapolating personal experience to accurately represent performance at 100.

Added into this is that because the fights are so short, going PI/MB gives some nuts burst in super short fights. If the boss dies within a couple of minutes it's not going to be the best reflection of damage in a 7-10 minute prog encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    It's changing so much it's almost futile trying to get a sense of where we're at.

I did better damage last week but was far better in comparison to everyone else this week. Mind you, our runs at the moment are like a who's who of people derping as much as possible. I got a rank 30 something on Immersius when I went out shadow form to POM ffs - the logs are all over the place and I know my play was crap.

If my comparative damage is like this week though , shadow will be one of the top damage dealers, but it's never as simple as extrapolating personal experience to accurately represent performance at 100.

Added into this is that because the fights are so short, going PI/MB gives some nuts burst in super short fights. If the boss dies within a couple of minutes it's not going to be the best reflection of damage in a 7-10 minute prog encounter.
    This echoes exactly what a lot of us are saying in this thread. You cannot possibly base your presumptions of Shadow's performance in WoD on these ridiculously stupid SoO raids going on right now. With us missing out on so many perks and the hugely important level 100 talents, I honestly wouldn't even consider this a preview of WoD Shadow; I feel what we're playing right now is basically a really powerful level 90 PvE twink.

The main reason people are complaining at all is that Shadow was already shitty before the pre-patch, it's typical Blizzard to find a way to make the spec worse.

In the meantime, I'm just gonna tap my shoes together and keep saying "it'll get better at 100."

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    You seem like a trustworthy person=). I'll take your word for it.
    =) Shadow isnt looking bad at all going into warlords. We're going to be competitive. Mages/wars are jsut going to be super strong with everyone else behind them.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

I haven played for some time however I was just doing some tailoring and a shadow priest just ripped me a new on my mage. Was most impressive how easy he made it look. I haven't played my priest in ages I may have to give it a go in WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
    I haven played for some time however I was just doing some tailoring and a shadow priest just ripped me a new on my mage. Was most impressive how easy he made it look. I haven't played my priest in ages I may have to give it a go in WOD.
    It's because he can glyph mind harvest to give him 3 orbs upfront off his first mindblast. It gives you great burst because people are used to SP's having to ramp up. but pair that off against loss of baseline fear, PoM, renew, inner fire etc etc I'm not sure its worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It's because he can glyph mind harvest to give him 3 orbs upfront off his first mindblast. It gives you great burst because people are used to SP's having to ramp up. but pair that off against loss of baseline fear, PoM, renew, inner fire etc etc I'm not sure its worth it.
    It certainly isn't in Arenas - except maybe in a Triple DPS comp - so for serious PvP overall we're not benefited by Glyph of Mind Harvest.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It certainly isn't in Arenas - except maybe in a Triple DPS comp - so for serious PvP overall we're not benefited by Glyph of Mind Harvest.
    As I PvP more than I PvE now, would you have any tips on what will be the talents of choice for RBG's?
    I haven't had access to Beta, and have only ran some BG's this week to test how my old talent choices faired.. SoD and SI. So far I'd say we're looking about the same. In pew pew situations, I can be top or behind locks and warriors.

Deleted
    I think we are in decent place now, as for myself I must say, I was surprised, I was in top 3 in some fights that I never ever been close to top5 even. just Mind flay feels meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpy View Post
    I think we are in decent place now, as for myself I must say, I was surprised, I was in top 3 in some fights that I never ever been close to top5 even. just Mind flay feels meh.
    We're in a terrible spot right now tbh, but that's fine! Who cares about prepatch anyway.
    As Drye says we will be competitive in WoD, behind broken ass warriors and mages of course.