Think of returning back. Need info for the game

I played from day 1 for 3 months straight. I leveled a Paladin and Monk to 50 and all crafting and gathering classes to 50 as well. I stopped playing after that for various reasons:

1) Leveling new classes was only viable through Fates which I bored pretty quickly. No new quests to do and Dungeons xp reward was really very very bad comparing to Fates.

2) Tomes of Mythology cap per character, not per class. with 300 per week (if I remember correctly) I could barely gear up my "main" class after several months..not even consider gearing my alt classes.

3) Was hugelly dissapointed from crafting. I got all craft/gathering classes to 50 and I was unable to craft something decent for my classes...the materials I needed to craft a lvl 70 item costed more tomes than the actual item I could buy :0.

4) Could not send mail to my alt characters. I made an alt to play, but I was unable to send mail to them. I had to trade things to guildies/friends and then trade me back...

5) No customization options. Yea, those chests/head items was horrible (in my opinion) and I couldn't change my character appearance...

So I would like to ask, if icome back now, what should I expect for the above things that made me quit? (of course burnout played a role too).
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I played from day 1 for 3 months straight. I leveled a Paladin and Monk to 50 and all crafting and gathering classes to 50 as well. I stopped playing after that for various reasons:

1) Leveling new classes was only viable through Fates which I bored pretty quickly. No new quests to do and Dungeons xp reward was really very very bad comparing to Fates.

2) Tomes of Mythology cap per character, not per class. with 300 per week (if I remember correctly) I could barely gear up my "main" class after several months..not even consider gearing my alt classes.

3) Was hugelly dissapointed from crafting. I got all craft/gathering classes to 50 and I was unable to craft something decent for my classes...the materials I needed to craft a lvl 70 item costed more tomes than the actual item I could buy :0.

4) Could not send mail to my alt characters. I made an alt to play, but I was unable to send mail to them. I had to trade things to guildies/friends and then trade me back...

5) No customization options. Yea, those chests/head items was horrible (in my opinion) and I couldn't change my character appearance...

So I would like to ask, if icome back now, what should I expect for the above things that made me quit? (of course burnout played a role too).
    1. Dungeons xp received a nice boost, but fate grinding is still alive.

2. Not sure since I stopped all end game activities.

3. Crafting still sucks imo (50 arm/50gsm)

4. Still a no go on sending your alts lewt, but don't hold me to that.

5. They have a form of Wow's xmog. I had a male tank in pink underwear.

Resub for a month and drop after the novelty wears off.
    You cared enough to post.

Thanks for the answer. Sadly not very encouraging info . BTW, what you mean "male tank in pink underwear"? Don't they have restrictions like plate wearers wear only plate etc like wow? Is it more like lotro? That is interesting enough for a try
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    As above poster said, dungeon exp had been boosted, it is a decent alternative way for exp. There are also daily roulette (random daily dungeon) where you can get a big chunk of exp for. Leve and Guildhest also have daily exp bonus.

This is still the same. The new Soldier Tome has a weekly cap of 450, they want you to be able to play all jobs but shouldn't be able to get max gear first on all of them.

3) Was hugely dissapointed from crafting. I got all craft/gathering classes to 50 and I was unable to craft something decent for my classes...the materials I needed to craft a lvl 70 item costed more tomes than the actual item I could buy :0.
    It is almost same at the moment. The highest craftable gear are ilevel90, whereas Tome gives ilevel100, raid gives ilevel110. However, the crafted gear materials are from Myth Times (no longer the highest Tome and no weekly limit), however prices are high due to Myth Tomes are needed for weapon upgrades at the moment.

That is still the case unfortunately

You have Glamour now.
    You can change the look on your armour to look like something else, also you can dye stuff very easily now.

- - - Updated - - -

As for Glamour, only restriction you have is "can your class wear this item", if you can, you can glamour it.

Thanks a lot both

15+ Year Old Account
    For question 2, it's way easier to gear up a character now via drops from hardmode(s) that you will be "grinding" for both sets of tomes. 10 runs to get 450, fastest one is Brayflox. Grind that, get lots of Myth as well as capping ToS, as well as getting Darklight gear drops (i70). Getting your relic is also a tad bit easier, but the biggest grind ever made hits you when you try to get it to i100.

Can you still buy the level 90 items with Tomes of Mythology? A poster above said that ToM no longer have a weekly cap... does that mean you can farm dungeons and gear up in full ilvl90 without weekly lockouts? I always wanted the class ilvl90 set for my chars, is a bit more beautiful than the one you get hitting 50

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

That is because there are now a new Tome call Soldiery, which can buy you ilevel100 gear, and that has the weekly 450 cap.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Can you still buy the level 90 items with Tomes of Mythology? A poster above said that ToM no longer have a weekly cap... does that mean you can farm dungeons and gear up in full ilvl90 without weekly lockouts? I always wanted the class ilvl90 set for my chars, is a bit more beautiful than the one you get hitting 50
    Dungeons give a low amount of Myth, but dailies and roulette kinda helps with that. Most end-game dungeons give 50 a run, which isn't a whole lot considering the cheaper primary pieces are 495ish. There are plans to increase the rate of Myth gain, but nothing definite has been announced yet.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Dungeons give a low amount of Myth, but dailies and roulette kinda helps with that. Most end-game dungeons give 50 a run, which isn't a whole lot considering the cheaper primary pieces are 495ish. There are plans to increase the rate of Myth gain, but nothing definite has been announced yet.
    Party Finder groups run first two bosses of BF in really quick, so it's not too bad if you take that route.

Yeah, about 5-6m a run, but it gets mind numbing.

Hehe thanks again. If I remember correctly, 50 ToM was also the case when I was playing. The dungeon with the Demon Wall (don't remember the name) rewarded 50 tomes and another one 40. And because it was so boring to run 1 dungeon, sometimes we also run the other one even for 10 less tomes.. Getting the iconic lvl90 armor sets for my classes is something worthy to grind for! Tomorrow is the pay day, so I am starting again

this set needs to be completed, then Monk and White Mage..
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2014-05-26 at 07:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't waste your Myth Tome on Myth gear, use them to buy books...

(you'll know what I mean when you get there)

They'll probably unsub when they realize what the Atma grind entails.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Don't waste your Myth Tome on Myth gear, use them to buy books...

(you'll know what I mean when you get there)
    When they get to this point grinding dungeons for Myth will be a breath of fresh air.

I've been thinking of returning too, but I think I might wait for 2.3, it seems there is still little to do other then level up alt classes for a lot of end game people. I'm hoping they announce NIN/THF at E3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelordymir View Post
    I've been thinking of returning too, but I think I might wait for 2.3, it seems there is still little to do other then level up alt classes for a lot of end game people. I'm hoping they announce NIN/THF at E3
    Still tons of stuff to unlock depending on how long you've been away. Especially since nearly everything requires a quest to unlock it. And apparently they're going to give some nice details about 2.3 at E3 in a couple of days, hopefully about the new class.

General question: does dungeon roulette still give the tome reward only if you queue solo?

This was one of the things that made me stop playing. It'd be nice to be able to queue with a friend and still get the reward.

I'd really like to pick XIV back up; random dungeoning with friends was my favorite thing to do in WoW, and I'd love to do it in XIV if only the loot worked the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    General question: does dungeon roulette still give the tome reward only if you queue solo?

This was one of the things that made me stop playing. It'd be nice to be able to queue with a friend and still get the reward.

I'd really like to pick XIV back up; random dungeoning with friends was my favorite thing to do in WoW, and I'd love to do it in XIV if only the loot worked the same way.
    Yes, you still get the reward if you queue with a friend. Unfortunately its only for high level and expert level roulettes though.