Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Touch of Elune...

Touch of Elune is a new passive ability which increases Haste by 1% at night, and Critical Strike chance by 1% during the day.

Anyone else find this to be annoying. As a raider this kinda sucks when you are trying to balance haste caps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste caps are gone. It's still a minor inconvinience if one stat is better than the other, but to be fair, if you're really serious about min-maxing, you'll pick whatever race grants the best benefit even if it makes your eyes bleed. If you don't min-max, this doesn't affect you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

i think the racial is stupid.
    but since the recton NE away from nocturnal its w/e.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    lucky for me most of my characters are human

Blizzard is intending to bring secondary stats closer in line with each other in Warlords, and they are removing hard haste caps and breakpoints. The racial isn't an issue.

Someone else trying to look at WoD Stats with a MoP frame of mind.

When will it end? -_-

How are you smart enough to min/max, but dumb enough to not know stat weights will change expansion to expansion?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    Someone else trying to look at WoD Stats with a MoP frame of mind.

When will it end? -_-

How are you smart enough to min/max, but dumb enough to not know stat weights will change expansion to expansion?
    Because people go ooh patch notes. New Racials check. Changes to class check. Ignore everything else. Check.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

They could replace it with +10 to mailbox dancing if you want. Night elves don't have a profession bonus yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    i think the racial is stupid.
    but since the recton NE away from nocturnal its w/e.
    Hey, go full nocturnal. Bonus at night, and that bonus turns into a negative during the day. Totally balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Sorry the slut profession bonus was already given to the Draenei and the questionable preferences of those who find ungulate anatomy sexy.
    Jewelcrafting is the slut profession?

No, being a female draenei is. Full time.
    Right, because female draenei are the ones that bounce their tits every few seconds, have cheerleader emotes, and a stripper dance.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, being a female draenei is. Full time.
    And I'm pretty sure night elves were the "slut" race before blood elves and draenei, so. Unbelievable. lol
    Look! Words!

Let's keep this on topic, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    Anyone else find this to be annoying. As a raider this kinda sucks when you are trying to balance haste caps.
    Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    lucky for me most of my characters are human
    I'm really curious now, why do you still feel that it sucks? There are no haste caps, do you have another reason for not liking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I'm really curious now, why do you still feel that it sucks? There are no haste caps, do you have another reason for not liking it?
    I can't speak for the OP, but I can give you a summary of why a couple of people in my guild didn't like it, and my commentary on that.

Starting with the commentary: because my guildies can't math, so they were all "one percent haste or crit will totally futz my DPS if I raid at the wrong time!1!". Like the profession bonuses, they figured that this would actually substantially change performance on a guild that pretty much never sees a sub-five-percent wipe except due to mechanics.

We don't have trouble with Garrosh 25N because DPS, we have trouble because below five percent people don't interrupt MCs. ...and so on. Heck, Heroic Norushen is only fight I would even consider saying that one percent DPS might make a difference for us, and that is a rare DPS check fight. (Also, we were fifteen to twenty-five percent on wipes, so those tiny bonuses, not gonna make the difference.)

eg: they can't identify just how much difference that one percent actually makes in practice, especially compared to stat values at the end of an xpac. See also the cited tweet from celeston about how one percent crit is less valuable on top of 75 percent than on top of five percent, on the front page today.

Beyond that, it seems like there was some sense of "but, but, but, not stable and predictable" to it. I kind of understand that but, honestly, I don't care. I have NE toons, and am happy to stick with them.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Beyond that, it seems like there was some sense of "but, but, but, not stable and predictable" to it. I kind of understand that but, honestly, I don't care. I have NE toons, and am happy to stick with them.
    Which is just as ridiculous since we know exactly when and how it changes. This thing is as stable and predictable as it gets.

I don't think this will be a problem since reforging is gone. anyways let's say that I need haste to 10% So let's think that all my gems and gear give me now 10% but at night its 11% which is better but not essential. Thats how I would do it

I dont care what it does but there has to be a racial named touch of Elune. Because the NE have been touched by Elune and its big part of lore...

This racial is beautiful. Please pay attention to the flavor for once, since we are talking about a game to begin with. Not everything has to be about min/maxing.

10+ Year Old Account
    ''Mommy that Night Elf touched me in a inappropriate place"
    For the Horde!