Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    but since the recton NE away from nocturnal its w/e.
    This never happened. All they said was some night elves are up during the day to accommodate their allies....like someone working the night shift. Wolfheart even says most night elves still sleep during the day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Blizzard is intending to bring secondary stats closer in line with each other in Warlords, and they are removing hard haste caps and breakpoints. The racial isn't an issue.
    Didn't they intended to do so in the past? Call me a pessimist, but my money is on them failing, again, especially with TWO new stats (they are removing only those that are balanced by design - hit and expertise). It is a safe bet that some secondaries will be useless or at least worse that half of other secondary.

But on topic, the racial is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    This racial is beautiful. Please pay attention to the flavor for once, since we are talking about a game to begin with. Not everything has to be about min/maxing.
    Flavor is something like a profession bonus, not a mathematical combat advantage...

OT: it kinda pissed me off when they announced it. I'd prefer they gave us one or the other instead of lazily trying to "spice up" racials with uncreative BS like this. Now, I don't really care. We get a combat racial after 10 years, so it's whatever. Blizz will be blizz and they'll keep pulling shit like this because it's who they are.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Flavor is something like a profession bonus, not a mathematical combat advantage...
    Given that there is no reforging as of WoD and other races could have no bonus like to begin with, it is safe to assume that the bonus can be viewed as something related to flavor. It won't even affect your choices. More like you're having something extra added to your baseline that varies from day to night in order to show the lunar attunement of the Night Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The difference is going to be in the 0.1%-region. 99% of the people that actually care about such small differences could gain orders of magnitude more from improving their play.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    Touch of Elune is a new passive ability which increases Haste by 1% at night, and Critical Strike chance by 1% during the day.

Anyone else find this to be annoying. As a raider this kinda sucks when you are trying to balance haste caps.
    Maybe, and just maybe, this is a hint of how certain fights may take place at different times. Or else I also find it weird to be honest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Maybe, and just maybe, this is a hint of how certain fights may take place at different times. Or else I also find it weird to be honest.
    It's simply a flavor ability. Don't try and read too much into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, we need more crazy and thematic stuff like this. Though this a whoopin 1%, thematic things like this for races would nice. But yeah, there's really not much to read into this. Especially since secondary values will be even closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Didn't they intended to do so in the past? Call me a pessimist, but my money is on them failing, again, especially with TWO new stats (they are removing only those that are balanced by design - hit and expertise). It is a safe bet that some secondaries will be useless or at least worse that half of other secondary.
    Well, all evidence to date suggests that for DKs (which I follow most closely), and especially blood, there will be no useless stats, and the relative value will be much more like BM monks -- different secondary stat focus means different play, rather than "right or wrong". Ultimately, all they need to is keep the value of the stats within a reasonable margin, and this works out.

I mean, not for the min/max crowd, and especially the "don't actually understand the math of it" part of that crowd, but for the majority of players they will be close enough that you will absolutely have an "optimal" gear set, but that it will be incrementally building toward it rather than ignoring everything that drops other than the BiS items.

Which, if you squint, looks remarkably like the way they nerfed SoO with the 4/4 upgrade path -- if you substitute "smart loot bonus rolls" for "valor point upgrades". In other words: if the bonus rolls actually do as it says on the tin, and focus on things that are an improvement, not just randomly off the loot table, it tends to provide a controlled rate of upgrades that gradually increase your personal power, which is === nerfing the boss....