Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by HiFish View Post
    I've been playing dk since the start of wrath, and blood dk since cata, but I can't remember it ever giving 2 runes.
    The BT bug had been around forever. You just needed to know the conditions under which it occurred to exploit it. Combining the exploit with RE gaming resulted in very nice synergy and extraordinary throughput.

Conditions ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416208246#4 ):
    There's also a trick you can do to make Blood Tap restore both a blood and an unholy rune as death runes at the same time. To get this result, your runes need to meet both of these conditions: 1) at least 1 blood rune off cooldown and 2) at least 1 F/U pair (1 frost and 1 unholy) that were put on cooldown at the same time (as in, what happens after every time you DS--they both are used at once). How long those two runes have been recharging doesn't matter. You can use Blood Tap to your advantage this way for more Death Strikes or to stop Bone Shield from messing with your rotation. It sounds complicated, but it's really quite simple. If none of that made any sense to you at all, this will work 90% of the time: use Blood Tap when you have at least 1 blood rune off CD.
    I'm not going to miss HS. It was effectively a limited version of BB in that its number of targets was restricted, facing was restricted, cast range was restricted, and suffered a higher effective miss rate than BB. In 6.0 when tanks will never miss and damage is not yet set in stone, BB is quite clearly the better choice. With the popularity of Roiling Blood now anyway, BB already currently fills the exact same role as it will in 6.0. There's no point in having two abilities that fulfill the exact same role.

The final AP coefficient will determine if not scaling with weapon damage is problematic. We don't know that yet.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Quote Originally Posted by SSHA778 View Post
    The BT bug had been around forever. You just needed to know the conditions under which it occurred to exploit it. Combining the exploit with RE gaming resulted in very nice synergy and extraordinary throughput.

Conditions ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416208246#4 ):
    I remember something about it being referred to as a Mexican Blood Tap (no that isn't mean to be a racist comment and I have no idea why it was deemed 'Mexican').
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

Blood strike!

The down side to all this (aside from my own personal loathing) is that DW blood will only be "somewhat" inferior, depending on how much the WD coefficient ends up being for DS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    The down side to all this (aside from my own personal loathing) is that DW blood will only be "somewhat" inferior, depending on how much the WD coefficient ends up being for DS.
    I believe they're restricting DW to frost only.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Strike is crap in comparison to blood boil... ooh, x% weapon damage compared to a static x damage, cry me a river. You will be happy for the sake of less abilities on your bar.

There's a lot of removal of diverse/fun abilities, talents, and general playstyles going on in WoD that really bugs me. I've always been pretty confident that, overall, classes tend to get a lot more interesting, polished, diverse, and balanced with each expansion, but this time it seems like balance is the only criteria that matters, and it's coming at the expense of all those other areas that make the game, you know, fun to play.

It makes me so sad that the majority of the changes we're seeing are eroding my enthusiasm by seemingly limiting the game to a more constrained and constricted version of what we have right now. It's the first ever expansion that's starting to really bum me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    You will be happy for the sake of less abilities on your bar.
    Speak for yourself, well and the worthless pruning thread.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    I will adapt like always.
    ^ As always , blizz takes away and we adapt

Bumping for relevance.

After playing on the PTR a lot, Blood feels fine. It's sad we lost the emergency heal, but the new Rune Tap requires you to play with a lot more finesse to stay alive. Mitigation wise I'm having a ball.

However, it still feels clunky using blood boil on single target

I would have preferred HS going single target or 2 target cleave way before blood boil for everything. Feels meh. It didn't even free up a keybind, I just am taking plague leech now because rolling blood is baseline. The only keybind I actually gained was from Raise Dead.

My biggest issue is that now the Blood DK feels like it has no identity. Frost and Unholy can both do the entire Blood rotation. DS, DC and BB. Blood however has no frost strike, no scourge strike, festering strike or obliterate.

The soul of the blood dk feels like it was pruned. Other than defensive cds, nothing sets us apart or makes me feel like a plated tank with dark powers and a big two handed weapon, where ONE of my abilities actually uses the damn thing. It feels like a stat stick currently.

There are tons of things they could do with one more single target attack, be named Heart Strike, Blood Strike, or Rune strike that isnt available to the other two specs and does something beneficial in a single target situation so we arent spamming that dumb !@# bb animation.

don't forget SR can be used to boost your next DS' heal by 20%.

There are other more relevant threads with replies in the last week. No need to bump an older one.