2000 dollar desktop work PC for my dad?

Hello guys! I got to talk about PC's with my dad today where its useally me complaining about my old relic (We'll old inn my eyes), but then he mentioned he runs a Pentium4 build. Now I knew his desktop was quit old, but not that dated.

Problem is he never got around to buy a new one cause he dosen't know where to get a PREASEMBELED one that can fit his requirements.

1. Must be VERY stable build. No need for over-clock, and tempatures should be good.

2. Has to be EXTREMLY silent. My dad has gone great lengths to try and reduce noise on his current desktop. He hates noise from PCs.

3. Must run video editing programes good. He does alot off video editing, witch his old desktop now failed to do.

4. Again preasembeled. Its a hard one when you want specific requirements.

5. Dosen't need to be flashy or have any sweet case. Just a nice looking case where upgrades are easy to do later. Air flow and cable management should be good trough.

He says he would preffer an Intel I7 build (Xeon not better?), have a SSD for OS so maybe just 128-252GB, and loads off space. Atleast 2TB - Now he dosen't game ever from what I know off, but I guess some GPU power is still good to have.

Hope anyone can help, its not for gaming afterall, so build could be abit different. Edit: If budget is narrow for your ideas do say so, prefferd it should be a PC he can use for a long time.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2014-05-23 at 08:31 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Mind explaining why it must be "preassembled"?

I've literally taught children in grade school how to build a modern day desktop.

These days, I'd say the hardest part is making an INFORMED DECISION based on your needs and your budget. However, that is why this forum exists. (well more accurately the build advice sub-forum, which you did not post in..)

Enthusiast builds aside, it's pretty hard to mess up the actual assembly phase. (Assuming one has some basic common sense)

After stating the above, let me follow up with the generic responses such a post will receive here.

1. You will save quite a bit of money, which you could in turn put back into your PC if you desire.
    2. It's easier then you think, a school child can do it.
    3. We have a multitude of very basic yet straightforward guides that cover every aspect of builds, including video clips. See the sticky posts in the build help sub-forum.
    4. It takes hardly any time to actually assemble the build once you have the parts. We're not talking days here, we're talking possibly 45 mins-2 hours given an overly cautious novice. Obviously significantly shorter if you feel a bit more confident.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Oh yea, forgot to post inn the wrong forum part

My dad could proboerly easly assemble a PC (He's an engineer) but he just chooses not to. He preffers resemabeled. I didn't ask into it why, its fine with me.

Basicly, Id just want to give him some ideas for places to buy a good work desktop PC. And what is needet.

First question you should answer is where do you live as to what retailers to use?

Even though your engineer father is against physically assembling a pc.................... which I find peculiar.. you should still follow the format of the sticky at the top of this sub-forum. As it stands, we're still missing a lot of information that is required before anyone can even begin to make any kind of suggestion.

cut/paste from that sticky post.

Include the following information when posting a request.

Budget
    Resolution
    Games / Settings Desired
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Country
    Parts that can be reused
    Do you need an OS?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Budget: About 2000 dollars

Resolution: Can't be sure, but its atleast 1920x1200. His current screen is great. Its a full HD one atleast.

Games / Settings Desired: Ideally if he was gonna play anything at all, it should run on high settings.

Any other intensive software or special things you do: (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) He does alot off video editing for a hobby and home videos inn high format HD quality. He uses Pinnacle Studio.

Country: Denmark (Prices can be up to doubble that off USA mind you)

Parts that can be reused: None. His current build is to dated. He back-ups everything on the fly with a wireless hub or something, and some online storage, so don't even think he would save his hardrives.

Do you need an OS: I can imagine he has a Windows7 key somewhere, or could get it, but Id encourage him to go Windows 8, since really...its not bad. I belive he used Window8 on his work laptop for long time aswell, funny enough thats a much better PC than his desktop now aswell (Some I7 build)

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc): He does not.

Sorry about not using format etc -,- I totally knew about this even haha, just forgot it.

Anywho yesterday I was googling abit around on the hole subject off media/work desktop PC's. I think I should aim for a high end CPU, and GPU with alot off cuda cores - I hear often gtx nvidia 670 come up inn that picture, but I also saw a nice video off the high end 780ti being very good on that front.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for slight bump, just added some things and he mentioned dual screen setup for future use would be nice. Any help is appreciated
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2014-05-24 at 11:19 AM.