Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Though i personally raid 25 man. I have to agree with a few posters. 11/14 Heroic at least in my opinion is not hard at all but once you get to siege/klaxxi/garrosh. Expect a minimum of 200+ wipes each boss. Even the top world guilds have well over 200+ Wipes on each boss. Best of luck to all you guys on your quest to get your mounts.

    There are also threads on here strat issue for pretty much all bosses you can check out.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by n3kr0s View Post
    Actually correct me if i'm wrong but mounts will be removed in 6.1 (Warlords of Draenor) and not 6.0 (WoD pre patch)..so you will still have 2 months (or more) of 6.0 for getting it.
    In 6.0 they are going to be changing SoO to the Mythic system so 10 man guilds will need to get 10 more players after 6.0 if they still want to farm Garrosh.

  3. #23
    As a note: the mount is still obtainable with 6.0 pre patch and then once WoD officially launches it will go to 1%.

    Also: (on a related note) if your character doesn't have a single heirloom yet, you'll be guaranteed 1 during pre-patch period, and the drop rate will be significantly increased beyond that and then they'll disappear in WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    Though i personally raid 25 man. I have to agree with a few posters. 11/14 Heroic at least in my opinion is not hard at all but once you get to siege/klaxxi/garrosh. Expect a minimum of 200+ wipes each boss. Even the top world guilds have well over 200+ Wipes on each boss. Best of luck to all you guys on your quest to get your mounts.

    There are also threads on here strat issue for pretty much all bosses you can check out.
    200+ wipes on Siegecrafter and Paragonss for 10H are basically your group doing the fights wrong (at this point in the content with gear being what it is). 200+ is somewhat reasonable on Garrosh.

    Ideally its something in the ~80 wipes for Siegecrafter and in the 100-150 range for Paragons.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Also: (on a related note) if your character doesn't have a single heirloom yet, you'll be guaranteed 1 during pre-patch period, and the drop rate will be significantly increased beyond that and then they'll disappear in WoD.
    Should be quite the buyer demand for 6.0 Garrosh kills to get that heirloom, and last chance to get mounts

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis CK View Post
    Damn that's a little disappointing. Guess we'll just need to make sure we push hard to get all 10 mounts before 6.0.
    Thanks for the info
    But you have your TV show, don't waste your time with WoW!




  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by zyniker View Post
    200+ wipes on Siegecrafter and Paragonss for 10H are basically your group doing the fights wrong (at this point in the content with gear being what it is). 200+ is somewhat reasonable on Garrosh.

    Ideally its something in the ~80 wipes for Siegecrafter and in the 100-150 range for Paragons.
    Yea sorry, i dont know much about the 10 man version, although, people i know do claim it's a joke on 10 man compared to 25, actually all 3 bosses. We may run a 10 man sometime to check out the difference. 25 man is really chaotic, but good point with the upgrades, it could possibly be easier now.

  8. #28
    Coming from a quite even difficulty in ToT (except maybe Iron Qon and twins), I was actually quite disappointed with the heroic difficulties in Siege. The first 7 bosses were way to easy and a new kill never really felt as good due t how fast they went down with the linear increase in difficulty compared to the mostly static one in ToT.

  9. #29
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Engineering Corner of Shrine
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    Coming from a quite even difficulty in ToT (except maybe Iron Qon and twins), I was actually quite disappointed with the heroic difficulties in Siege. The first 7 bosses were way to easy and a new kill never really felt as good due t how fast they went down with the linear increase in difficulty compared to the mostly static one in ToT.
    ToT was the most messed up thing ever regarding difficulty. SoO is right were it should be. Linear increase is a good thing. The only boss that didn't really fit in was Nazgrim. (And Paragons in 10-man.)

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    Yea sorry, i dont know much about the 10 man version, although, people i know do claim it's a joke on 10 man compared to 25, actually all 3 bosses. We may run a 10 man sometime to check out the difference. 25 man is really chaotic, but good point with the upgrades, it could possibly be easier now.
    Since you've done 25man already, don't expect to get an accurate picture of the 10m difficulty anymore. I went from 10m guild to 25m and everything seemt way easier overall even though I knew that wasn't the case. Since we went for a summer raid break and started doing a weekly 10m heroic clear I've heard guildies say a few times that 10m would be significantly easier which isn't the case either (having an average itemlevel of 582ish for the raid makes everything seem like a joke, obviously).

    The differences (as a raw estimate at least) are in DPS requirements and the clutterness/whatever you want to call it. 10m usually has less dps requirements but has quite strict roster which can be a problem to some guilds. Also 10m of course has just one combat resurrection and less raid-cooldowns overall. 25m is more chaotic though, which can make bosses like klaxxi harder to their 10m counterparts.

    I'm glad the 25v10 raiding is going to be buried. That being said, this thread hasn't turned into a flaming war and hopefully stays that way.
    Main: Rogue - Alt: Balance Druid

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Aere View Post
    It doesn't work like that. The alts would zone into Garrosh being dead on heroic. You could use it to kill normal though.
    It does work exactly like that if they're full clearing to H. Garrosh every week. Every week would have a new raid ID and every alt would have a lock from a different week.

  12. #32
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    331
    If anything, I'd skip the first 10 and do the last 4. From a gear and challenge perspective those are the best and most rewarding fights. Besides, if you expect to jump straight from Spoils to Garrosh you're gonna be in for a bad time. The first 8 are easy, Malkorok is strict on mistakes made. Spoils is a dps check made easier with gear, and after that the bosses become interesting. If you cannot kill Thok, Blackfuse or Klaxxi, then don't even dare go for Garrosh.

  13. #33
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Engineering Corner of Shrine
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Viriel View Post
    If anything, I'd skip the first 10 and do the last 4. From a gear and challenge perspective those are the best and most rewarding fights. Besides, if you expect to jump straight from Spoils to Garrosh you're gonna be in for a bad time. The first 8 are easy, Malkorok is strict on mistakes made. Spoils is a dps check made easier with gear, and after that the bosses become interesting. If you cannot kill Thok, Blackfuse or Klaxxi, then don't even dare go for Garrosh.
    I can't see one good reason to skip the 10 first bosses on heroic. Firstly there is plenty of good (some BiS) gear there, and if you can't clear the first 10 bosses in about the same time on heroic as normal you got no business trying Garrosh in the first place. How would you even go about progressing Thok in normal gear?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    I can't see one good reason to skip the 10 first bosses on heroic. Firstly there is plenty of good (some BiS) gear there, and if you can't clear the first 10 bosses in about the same time on heroic as normal you got no business trying Garrosh in the first place. How would you even go about progressing Thok in normal gear?
    They hear everyone talking about 'outgearing' it.

    You only outgear something when you outskill it as well. Sometimes it takes someone to get to 580 ilvl to do the same DPS as someone who is 566.

  15. #35
    10 Paragons is a walk in the park compared to Siege and Garrosh. My guild downed it in 20 pulls our first night progressing on it.

  16. #36
    Yeah mine did it in 29 on the first night. It was the first pull we got Hisek down and the rest just fell after that.

  17. #37
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    I can't see one good reason to skip the 10 first bosses on heroic. Firstly there is plenty of good (some BiS) gear there, and if you can't clear the first 10 bosses in about the same time on heroic as normal you got no business trying Garrosh in the first place. How would you even go about progressing Thok in normal gear?
    If you've killed it already and want to skip something that is. It's true, and I agree with you. However for me theres nothing to get(and for my whole raidgroup). IF you think you're ready for the last 4, and want to farm Garrosh for the mount, it means you do have gear and the skill. Right now we're strongly considering bringing geared alts once we kill Garrosh and stop extending.

    Reading my last post and all, I've completely mixed the 2 points I wanted to make..

  18. #38
    The Patient Healeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    230
    Hi liliath. i c u r gief raid adviese.
    da quen b of heleng
    Healeze / Héaleze/ Heáleze/ Healéze/ Healezé

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    ToT was the most messed up thing ever regarding difficulty. SoO is right were it should be. Linear increase is a good thing. The only boss that didn't really fit in was Nazgrim. (And Paragons in 10-man.)
    It's not good when the first 5 bosses don't pose any challenge at all. If a new boss goes down in 1-5 pulls it's just bad.

    Linear scaling might be better, but it does nothing if the bosses themselves doesn't challenge you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •