Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    While the root issue may have been neglecting his lawn, his jail time was ultimately caused by contract violations, failure to appear in court, contempt of court, and failure to comply with a court mandate.
    It's still completely fucked up.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    While the root issue may have been neglecting his lawn, his jail time was ultimately caused by contract violations, failure to appear in court, contempt of court, and failure to comply with a court mandate.
    He couldn't afford to re-sod his lawn. How does one force someone to do something they cannot afford?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    He couldn't afford to re-sod his lawn. How does one force someone to do something they cannot afford?
    Through silly contracts in managed communities. It's a common issue for people who can't afford to re sod their lawns, a lot end up putting in astroturf.

Deleted
    I hope heads roll. Even if she was jailed for murder or torture or something like that, the BABY was innocent. Then again, after this goes out, I expect the jail authorities to dissapear silently to a "better" place. If I was 'MURICAN, I would make sure it happened. How in the hell did they get in charge of the jail anyway!? -.-'

- - - Updated - - -

Only in 'MURICA. Then again, we got some stupid shit here in Sweden aswell. A burglar breaks into your home and he slips on a wet floor or something, he can sue the home owner for hurting himself. Because logic.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedetasticGames View Post
    IOnly in 'MURICA. Then again, we got some stupid shit here in Sweden aswell. A burglar breaks into your home and he slips on a wet floor or something, he can sue the home owner for hurting himself. Because logic.
    Don't forget in the UK, s police woman sued a gas station owner because she injured herself on a curb that she did not see.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    If he can't afford to comply with the contract, the appropriate response is to not ignore everyone trying to enforce it and hope they go away. Hell, when he was asked to appear in court, he should have at least done so to tell them that he couldn't afford to re-sod and go from there. Unfortunately, he chose instead to do absolutely nothing at all, which is never a good idea for anything.