Bear Trap vs. Boss / lvl100 talent

So will this be useless in the raid environment as most if not all bosses are immune to CC. Maybe a glyph that increases the duration or damage of bleed but removes the stun. Just curious about it's function. I see that it will be awesome for pvp but not overly confident in it's uses in pve situations. Some elaboration would be great.

I had some ideas about lvl 100 talents that has special arrows. Please let me know what you think of my ideas. Not to harsh please.

Poison Arrow - Initial target receives one application of poison and gains an application for each enemy with in 5 yards (refreshed every 1 sec) and when 5 stacks are reached it releases spores damaging near by adds and resetting stacks. Only one target may be poisoned. (something like that making it AoE)

Ice Arrow - Initial target receives one application of ice (reducing speed by 10%) and gains an application (of 5%) for each 5 yards the character moves(refreshed every 1 sec) and when 10 stacks are reached it frozen for 5 sec. Only one target may be iced. (something that discourages targets to chase player i'm thinking pvp for this)

Fire Arrow - Initial target receives one application of fire and gains an application for each second (refreshed every 1 sec) and when 5 stacks are reached it gives target 3rd degree burn causing damage from player to be 10% more effective for 5 sec and resets stacks. Only one target may be set on fire. (something strictly aimed for pve raid bosses)

All numbers can be played with up or down but something along these lines.

Hi!

Bear Trap is meant to be a damage CD. In other words, the root doesn't have to work on the boss, but it will still do the bleed. It wouldn't make any sense for them not to go with this route, and it's even been stated by blues now that it was intended to be a DPS CD.

The arrows they have already are fine too.

All Hunter Raids ~Drunken Tier 14 Community Raid the 6th~ Hunter IRC

Celestalon briefly spoke on the subject of traps being reworked, there's no way of knowing what exactly this could mean for trap usage inside of the raid environment.

Our current idea of what a trap can and can not do to a raid boss is likely outdated.

There are a lot of problems with your arrows concepts.

Poison arrow does not need to function as an AoE in PvE, that is already the role of the Fire arrows in the current Blizzard build.
    Fire arrow does not need to be made a single-target ability, that is already the role of the Poison arrows in the current Blizzard build.

I'm not sure why you swapped them around?

The problem with Frost arrows working like that is that Blizzard is trying to reduce CC in PvP. Hunters are already slow machines, we don't need a targeted, unavoidable, permanent snare/root.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    There are a lot of problems with your arrows concepts.

Poison arrow does not need to function as an AoE in PvE, that is already the role of the Fire arrows in the current Blizzard build.
    Fire arrow does not need to be made a single-target ability, that is already the role of the Poison arrows in the current Blizzard build.

I'm not sure why you swapped them around?

The problem with Frost arrows working like that is that Blizzard is trying to reduce CC in PvP. Hunters are already slow machines, we don't need a targeted, unavoidable, permanent snare/root.

Yea i think i just switched fire and poison just as preference i guess. I like my poison to spread instead of my fire. As for the ice I do see it's OP. Oh well just figured I'd poke at some of the lvl 100 talents.

Blizz really has there job cut out for them. I see why they between alpha and release change one simple thing 20 times. I guess I was hoping for some cool effects I miss those in the game. Like trinkets that cause shape shifting, staves that make you increase in size, draenei gun animation (twirls gun wild west style). I want fun things to happen when spells activate. Poison spores to explode everywhere onto adds, boss looks BBQ'd from 3rd degree burns. And instead of the big clunky ice block to signify frozen, have their body figure be frozen in motion.

I'm sure everyone has their own opinions about different effects/spells in the game these are just some things that sound fun to me (i.e. some may like the block of ice over my option). That's cool too.

Anyways thanks for the feedback.

First, I hope bear trap is a "You drop it and it does a HUGE bleed on the target" Compared to say a "If it stands here it gets a bleed". Which it probably will be.

Second, I really like the new 100 talent, I think its actually kind of op. I don't think they are changing our mastery but you never know. But it seems like it could help with mastery alot. +100 % slow in pvp is kind of broken :P